Liar

Your Dance is Addictive

AUTHOR P.O.V

Kai thought he knew his best friend better than this. He and Taemin were friends even back when they were in the middle of learning how to dance, and they had grown fond of each other way before they entered the entertainment world. That gave them a number of years of chances to understand and experience how the other works. Actually, it was only recently before this time that Kai and Taemin decided to go out drinking and Kai knew his hyung was a heavy drinker.

So then....why was there only half a bottle of soju standing in front his best friend who appeared to already be so out of it?

'Hyung...were you drinking before this or?' Kai tilted his head to the side, feeling unsure as to if he was actually drinking with his best friend or not. He wasn't so sure because his hyung had been laughing uncontrollably at anything that happened for the past few minutes. He laughed while watching Kai eat his food. He laughed when the waiter refilled their bowls of rice. He laughed at himself when he accidentally dropped his napkin. Really, just anything.

'I'm fine!' Taemin lightly slapped the surface of the table, his huge grin never leaving his face. He then proceeded to rock his head side to side while seemingly humming to the music that was playing inside the bar. Kai just continued to raise his eyebrows at the peculiar behaviour that he had never EVER seen. It gave him a minute to remember that he was supposed to discuss serious matters with his best friend. In the last half an hour, they were talking normally, and then up until a few moments ago, Kai was temporarily distracted by his hyung who was acting all high after only having about a fifth of what gets him drunk. He wanted to discuss things properly, right from the beginning to avoid most of the potential conflict that could arise. But this. This was something that slightly frustrated him because he wouldn't feel sincere enough talking to Taemin while the guy was tipsy..or drunk even. 

But then he thought. 

Maybe it was actually a good thing? Maybe telling him when he was such a state would make it less of a burden on both of them. How hard was it really? All he needed to say were 3 words.

I'm dating Minji.

Simple, blunt words. Kai could say it over and over again in his head but it wasn't his mind that needed to be reminded. It was the fear of finding out just how much his hyung actually cared for Gong Minji that scared him. She became a big part of their lives unexpectedly and Kai was definitely sure he wanted it back when they had never actually met officially. He admired her so much and she stood out in a good way. A great way.

He never dreamt of his ideal girl having mutual feelings for him so shouldn't he be happy now?

Kai glanced up from the table when he snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Taemin with the most serious look he could manage.

'Hyung.'

The SHINee maknae responded by locking eyes with his dongsaeng, but he was still smiling, and that made Kai bite his lip.

'What's up ?' Taemin continued to fidget in his seat and dance around childishly. 'You look so serious dude, chill!' He tapped Kai's nose twice and grinned, attempting to make the boy somewhat less serious. But it didn't work. Kai's stare wouldn't leave, and a gradual frown started to appear on his face.

'Earth to Kim Jonginnie.' Taemin had got ahold of his cheeks, but Kai's frown only increased. 

'Hyung. I have to tell you something. Please, take me seriously.'

Taemin grinned and smiled big, nodding his head enthusiastically. 'Whaaaaaat is it?~' He sang, waiting for his friend to change expression. But again, he didn't. Kai closed his eyes for a brief second before removing Taemin's pinching hands away from his face.

'I'm dating her.....' Kai mumbled. 'Hyung, I'm dating Minzy.'

-----

'Are you sure this is safe? Scandals happen just like that.' Minzy clicked his fingers to show Luhan what she meant. The two incredibly well known idols were currently enjoying a midnight dessert session at Luhan's recommended store again. 

'With my beanie and mask on, I look like anyone else really.' Luhan responded. 'And you with your cap and mask are doing a good job at fooling people. You're not wearing makeup either so people won't recognise you.' 

'Fine fine. But let's make this quick. Why exactly did we have to come here and not one of our dorms?' Minzy questioned.

'Because I want to eat.' 

Minzy mentally sighed but chuckled instead. 'Of course.'

'Well come on. You want to go to EXO's dorm where Kris is?' Luhan challenged.

'Anything but that.' Minzy laughed. 'But I have the upperhand now by the way so I don't mind.'

'Kai is probably resting at the dorm now too. You wanna go?' Luhan suggested, but was surprised when he saw Minzy shake her head.

'...Why not?' The boy frowned. Surely Minzy would want to see her boyfriend even just as a friendly visit wouldn't she? They hadn't seen each other for a while afterall.

'Kai will get angry and jealous if he finds out I met with you first.' Minzy pointed out. 'But I guess I'd love to see that reaction though.' She broke into a grin.

'That, and you want to be locked together inside his bedroom right?'' Luhan teased, earning a nudge in the arm. 

 

It didn't take long to arrive at EXO's dorm and during the ride there, Minzy was feeling extremely excited to be able to see her boyfriend. Sure, they may not get the chance to actually be alone, but it'd be nice to see his face in real life for a start. Minzy smiled to herself as Luhan walked her to the front entrance. Knowing someone would come and answer the door, he rang the doorbell and in a few moments the front door opened.

'Oh! Welcome back Lu. And Minzy-sunbaenim!' Xiumin opened the door and bowed at his superior, and Minzy bowed back.

'I decided to bring her back to say hi to everyone. It's been a while.' Luhan fist bumped his best friend before pushing Minzy inside the dorm, his arm draping over her shoulder. 'Is Jongin home?' He called out to anyone in the room. As they reached the kitchen, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Sehun and D.O were spotted crowding a tub of icecream.

'Annyeong.' Minzy spoke with a small smile, but the guys didn't seem to hear her and were too busy stuffing their faces. 

'Yah guys! We got a visitor.' Luhan called to them and they finally turned their heads around to the source of the voice. 

'Oh! Luhan hyung. And Minzy sunbae! What are you doing here?' Chanyeol grinned widely. 'Did you come over just to say hi?'

'Babo. Why would she do that? She's obviously here to see Kai.' Baekhyun conked his spoon at the taller boy.

At this, D.O widened his eyes slightly before speaking up. 'Oh, maybe she also came to say hi to Sehun, since he was also training with her for a while. Right, Sehunnie?' He turned to the maknae and hoped the younger boy would play along. The maknae stilled for a second before properly looking at Minzy. 

'Why hide it? The more you do, the more obvious it looks to everyone else.' He said bluntly before turning to his hyungs. 'Besides, aren't we the ones in EXO who supported Kai anyway? Why must we pretend we don't know they're dating?'

Everyone's eyes widened.

D.O, Luhan and Baekhyun were for the same reason that they were suprised Sehun had pretty much figured it out by himself. Chanyeol however was the only one whose eyes widened because he thought Kai and Minzy were still in their chasing phase. He was pretty slow. As the silence for the new few moments took over, Sehun was silently counting down in his head until Baekhyun, like his usual self, would say something completely irelevant. 

'Want some ice cream?' He held his spoon out in offering to Luhan and Minzy, but they weren't paying attention. D.O and the rest of the boys all just mentally face palmed at stupid old Baekhyun and his antics.

'W-Well...if everyone knows then it's okay for me to ask where Kai is?' Minzy managed a tiny smile. 

'Sorry, but he's not here.' A new voice from behind came. Minzy turned her head around to see who it was.

'Kris.' She spoke, before smiling. 'How lovely to see you Kris Oppa.' She said sarcatiscally, although it didn't sound like it at all to the other EXO members.

'Did you come all the way here to talk to me, dongsaeng?' Kris spoke with just the same amount of sarcasm. 

'Yes! I thought you might like my company so I wanted to visit you.' She smiled sweetly, and Kris had to stop himself from scrunching his face up.

'That's great. But I know you came for Kai. He ain't here.' Kris smiled back just as sweetly. 'So you can go now.'

'Kris!!' Baekhyun suddenly stood up and yelled but Chanyeol pushed him back onto his chair.

'How rude Oppa.' Minzy pretended to be hurt and pouted. 'By the way, I wanted to let you know that Chaerin unnie much prefers people like Suho-ssi.' She grinned. Kris' eyes widened and his mouth was open.

'Wha...How can that be?! She didn't even talk to him much. They weren't even in the same group for training.' He shook his head in denial.

'Yeah I know, but I guess hot headed boys like you are really just not her type huh?' Minzy stuck her tongue out at the tall Chinese boy.

'Yah I'm NOT hot headed you little-' He paused. 'Does she hate me or something??' His eyes were now the size of saucers, and Minzy couldn't take her facade anymore so she burst out laughing.

'Woah, I was kidding.' Minzy waved her hand around to calm him down. 'For all I know, she's...fond of you at the very least.' 

Watching Minzy's playful expression , Luhan who was standing next to her couldn't help but smile at the fact that she and Kris were actually starting to warm up to each other. It was somewhat refreshing.

'What?! She-' Kris paused before remembering it wasn't just Minzy with him. 'Stop playing around with me!' He shouted before running back out of the room.

The other EXO boys with the exception of Luhan, were completely dumbfounded. What had just happened?

'What.... was that?' Baekhyun was the first to say something.

'And since when was Kris so close with another idol?' Chanyeol questioned.

'Nevermind that.' Minzy turned to the boys smiled before biting her lip. 'So...Is Kai...really not here right now?'

'If he were, he'd have come tumbling down the stairs to you by now, don't you think?' Sehun stifled a laugh but stopped when he saw your expression drop instead of laugh like he thought you would. 

D.O nudged the maknae roughly in the stomach. 'See what you did?!'

'Yah, even if I didn't say that, the fact that Kai isn't here doesn't change.' He rebuttled.

'You're so insensitive. You could've said something a little nicer at least.' Chanyeol chimed in.

Sehun narrowed his eyes at the taller boy. 'It's not like I meant to be-'

'HEY! What's with all the commotion?! I'm trying to sleep upstairs. Why are you guys so rowdy at this ti-' 

Everyone in the kitchen turned to yet another new voice. They all gulped and more or less carried the same scared expression. The new person who entered the room suddenly felt the tension, but started to speak.

'Minzy sunbae, what are you doing here at this time...?' 

Minzy looked at the leader of EXO-K with alarm before she bowed quickly to show her respect. 

'Suho-ssi. I'm sorry I've disturbed you at this time. I will be leaving shortly.' 

The EXO-K leader, completely lost, looked at his dongsaengs for an explanation but none of them chose to look at him. So instead, he looked at his hyung Luhan, who was still by Minzy's side. Luhan waved his hand around and signalled him that he'd tell him the story later. 

'Minzy, I'll take you back to your dorm first.' He nodded at 2NE1's maknae. Minzy bowed once more to Suho before she was led out of the place. As soon as the front door closed, Suho slowly turned around and walked towards the other EXO-K members. 

'You guys. Care to tell me what's been going on around here?' His tone was serious. 

Sehun remained silent and didn't want to take any part of it. It really wasn't his business to be the one to announce about Kai and his relationship with Minzy. Plus, he was counting on Baekhyun or Chanyeol, the loudest boys, to blab instead. Like Sehun, D.O remained silent and waited for the older two to speak up. This was the only time that their blabbing mouths were actually useful.

'W-Well actually......' Baekhyun started.

----

'Why did I think it was a good idea for you to take me to your dorm?!' Minzy pouted in the car.

'I'm sorry.' Luhan chuckled. 'I actually thought Suho had a late schedule. He's one of the most busiest in the group, especially during promotions.'

'Well...I hope he doesn't completely protest against this whole dating thing. I'd hate to be on his bad side. Hell, I'm already on his bad side.'

'You aren't.' Luhan ruffled the girl's hair with his free hand. He was currently driving her back to 2NE1's dorm. 'By the way, may I say that I'm plesantly pleased with your friendship with Kris?'

'You mean the growing hatred?' Minzy eyed him weirdly. 

'No, I mean that you're actually not that harsh to each other anymore.' Luhan corrected. 'I like it.'

'It's just fun to , and if it stops him from being so harsh towards me, then why not?' Minzy scoffed. 'We're not friends still.' 

'We'll see about that. By the way, why don't you try calling Kai and asking him where he is? I wonder why we didn't even bother to ask the guys why he wasn't there.' Luhan remarked.

'Okay...' Minzy nodded and took her phone out. Slowly, she searched for her boyfriend's contact number and pressed call.

Luhan glanced over at Minzy who had the phone pressed against her ear.

'...He's not picking up. I'm gonna try again.' Minzy frowned, quickly pressing call again. Luhan started to feel bad and cursed Kai in his head for not telling anyone of his whereabouts. It was well past 1AM at this point as well.

'Eh...?' Minzy lifted the phone from her ear and stared at the screen. 'What the...?' She uttered to herself, but Luhan had managed to hear it.

'What's wrong?' He asked. 'Minzy?' He called when he didn't respond.

'When I called the first time it kept ringing all through until the voice message. But just now...the rings stopped after two times. Kai definitely has his phone on him so..why would he reject my call?' Minzy huffed to herself. 

'Forget about it for now. When he comes back to the dorm later, I'll let you know okay? Come on...we're here already.' Luhan pulled up in front of 2NE1's dorm area. 

'Thanks. Sorry you had to do this, but I'm glad we got to catch up even just for a little bit.' Minzy opened the door and gave Luhan a look for graditude.

'Anytime.' Luhan pat the girl's head and smiled. After Minzy watched him drive off, she proceeded to walk to the front entrance of her dorm. But she paused.

There was a figure standing there. 

A sasaeng fan? No. Wouldn't they have already been rid of by now? If the rest of the 2NE1 members were inside then surely a sasaeng fan wouldn't be waiting out in front of their dorm this late at night. Minzy slowly walked forward towards the dark figure, gripping onto her bag and having it ready to hit the stranger should they harm her at all. But as she approached the mysterious figure, she widened her eyes when she saw their face and froze on her spot.

'Kai......?' 

Minzy was merely 2 meters away from the figure and it was close enough to recognise that it was infact EXO's lead dancer Kai that was standing in front of her dorm. She felt both excited yet confused.

'Kai....Kai. What are you doing out here?' She asked. The boy standing in front of her had still not made a noise upon Minzy's appearance, and in turn, Minzy started to get a bad feeling.

'Kai...were you waiting for me to get back? ...Why didn't you pick up your phone when I-'

'Minzy.' Kai cut her off. He walked forward and grabbed her wrist rather harshly, and Minzy winced in pain.

'What the-Kai what's wrong wth you?' She narrowed her eyes at him. But Kai didn't answer her question. He tightened his grip on her wrist and she winced once more, struggling to get out of his grasp.

'Is it true?' He finally spoke, his tone filled with anger. 'Have you been lying to me about Taemin hyung?'

-----

A/N: Not in the best mood today. And I do apologise for the slow progress and slow updates. Hope everyone else had a good week though (y)

Thanks to subbies and upvoters: