Kai, The Kid

Your Dance is Addictive

 

 

A/N: Yes it's been almost 2 months...DID YOU GUYS MISS ME? MISS MY STORY? :D Here's an update....after 10 billions of years.

 

 

Author P.O.V

 

The radio broadcast finished in the early hours of the morning. Taemin couldn't be any more relieved aswell, considering he nearly got caught twice for daydreaming and not paying attention to the questions being asked. Fortunately, the silences were small enough between questions asked and answers so he didn't get scolded by his hyungs after.

Afterall, he was focused on something else entirely.

Hearing the truth from Minzy about how she feels about him.

At first he thought it was useless. Minzy seemed to be too infatuated with Kai to even second think her decision of making the guy her boyfriend. However, as Krystal pointed out to Taemin the night before, Minzy had never properly rejected him. Well... it's not like he formerly asked her out or anything, but considering the 'relationship' they did have...shouldn't he have the right to get properly told that he should stop trying to get her? It was a little rude of Minzy wasn't it?

Taemin already knew the answer in his head. He knew that whatever he did, he wouldn't win her over. But he at least wanted to ask her and get her to explain a few things to him. Then somehow, he could get some closure. If he was being honest with himself, the fact that Kai and Minzy was dating didn't seem to disappoint him as much as he expected it to. Somehow, it felt like it was meant to be. Perhaps it was karma coming back to haunt him, since he'd always have the knack for flirting with girls.

Taemin knew he would get turned down if he asked Minzy to meet up, and considering the mini to large argument he had with Jongin the night before, asking his best friend wasn't an option. No, there was someone he wanted to ask for help from, though he wasn't sure If he was really going to get it. Other than a joint SM dance MV they participated in together, Taemin didn't really have any other business with Luhan. But still, it was worth a try right?

'If you're looking for Jongin, he's not here.' Sehun greeted Taemin with this seemingly rude statement, although Taemin was used to it. The only reason the SHINee maknae ever came over to EXO's dorm was because he was taking Kai out somewhere. It's not like he had close bonds with the rest of the members.

'Actually, I'm not here today to see Jongin.' Taemin scratched the back of his neck nervously.

'Oh? Then who do you want to see?' Sehun was slightly taken aback. If it wasn't Kai he wanted, then who?

'Luhan...' Taemin answered uncertainly. 'Or is this a bad time?'

'Luhan hyung?' Sehun repeated, most definitely surprised that Taemin wanted to see Luhan, his most dear friend in EXO.

'Lu just woke up...hang on a sec.' Sehun left Taemin at the door(Taemin was used to not being invited inside unless it was Suho or the older members answering the door)

In the time it took for Sehun to get Luhan to the door, Taemin nervously played with his fingers, wondering If maybe he shouldn't go ahead with his plan afterall. In a way, it was petty to think that he could perhaps ask Luhan to meet up with Minzy but instead of Luhan showing up, Taemin would show up. That'd secure a perfect plan for him to talk to her without worrying about whether she'd show up or not. But then if it worked, it would leave Luhan in a bad light from Minzy's point of view. And that was something Taemin didn't want to be the fault of. Well heck, Luhan might not even agree to do this for him.

'Taemin sunbae?' The older Chinese male appeared at the door, rubbing his eyes sleepily, yawning to wake himself up. 'Of all people to visit me, I didn't think it'd ever be you. But I think I know why you're here. You're here to talk about her, aren't you?'

Taemin didn't even get to answer as Luhan continued on.

'Though I don't think this is really the right place to chat considering the many ears that will listen in there.' Luhan wondered out loud.

'A-Actually...'Taemin stuttered. 'I sort of want to chat with her myself.'

'So you're still in love with her?'

'Not as much as Jongin,' Taemin aswered truthfully with a sad smile. 'I'm not trying to win her back, but we need to clear up a few misunderstandings.'

'I get it, you don't have to explain it to me.' Luhan smiled warmly. This took Taemin by surprise, he wasn't expecting Luhan to be on his side. If anything, he expected the EXO-M member to be somewhat hostile towards him, especially since the situation involved his dongsaeng Kai.

'So...you want my in help seeing her?' Luhan asked.

'Well..sort of.' Taemin bit his lip slightly.

'Honestly I think the best way is for you to go and see her yourself. I know she won't push you away. And she can't run from you forever.' Luhan placed a small pat on Taemin's shoulder.

'But..' His expression became unreadable. 'Perhaps today's not the best day to see her.'

Taemin furrowed his eyebrows. 'Why?' His eyes became curious. Because she has a schedule?'

'Not exactly.' Luhan shook his head. Taemin stared at him for a moment before thinking to himself for a bit.

'No schedule. So she's at her dorm.' Taemin figured out loud. 'I'd like to see her as soon as possible.'

'No, perhaps you should wait.' Luhan quickly interjected, almost like he was in the midst of panic.

'...You know something.' Taemin narrowed his eyes. 'Is there something I should know?'

 

'Don't even bother telling him, hyung. He doesn't need to see her.' The new and familiar voice interrupted, making Taemin turn around.

 

'Jongin.' Taemin let go of a breath he didn't know he was holding. Then he observed the younger male's clothing. 'Just came back home from last night?'

'I went out for a run.' Kai answered smartly, or so he thought.

'I don't see a single sweat on you and those are your clothes from yesterday.' Taemin replied with a blank expression.

Kai scowled, but quickly composed himself again, throwing a smirk towards his best friend. 'What are you doing here? Came to ask for my forgiveness?'

'Kai.' Suddenly the dancer remembered that Luhan was still standing behind Taemin.'It's not the time. Or place. You should come in for now before Suho comes and gets you himself.'

'Luhan hyung, I'll be there in a minute. Leave us alone please.' Kai practically ordered. To his surprise, Luhan obeyed. (Though he stood around at the corner so he could keep listening to the conversation)

'Hyung.' Kai looked at Taemin with a dirty glare and an evil grin. 'What do you want with my girlfriend?'

Taemin's eyebrows twitched hearing the word 'girlfriend' come out of his best friend's mouth. It sounded so possessive and he didn't like it. Kai didn't have the right to act so proud and mighty.

'What business I have is between her and me I'd like to keep it that way.' Taemin answered smoothly, not falling for Jongin's plan in infuriating him.

'You know, she's probably too tired to talk to you. Afterall, I've been with her since last night.' Kai stretched his arms out and cracked his neck to the side, searching for the look of shock Taemin would surely have. And there it was, but only for a mere second.

'You stayed over last night at 2NE1's dorm?' Taemin asked, trying not to sound too concerned. He had to keep his cool. He really wasn't in the mood for Kai's cocky attitude. Plus, he'd really hated for their screaming match to continue since, he'd had enough of that last night. Taemin had to be the mature one afterall.

But of course the news he just heard from Kai's mouth bothered him.

'What's it matter to you? I already told you she has no business with you, hyung.' Kai said sarcastically. He was still playing cocky, but Taemin could tell from the way Kai's face was twitching that the boy was infuriated by the fact that what he said didn't seem to shock Taemin as much as he expected it to.

Taemin was tired of this. It broke his heart that Kai didn't seem the least bit apologetic about swearing the way he did the night before.

'Jongin.' Taemin sighed incredously. 'I really don't want our friendship to be ruined because of this. Can't you meet me halfway? Stop jumping to conclusions. All I said is that I needed to talk her.'

'And I don't allow it. I don't. Hyung, YOU did this. YOU ruined our friendship already. If you want to fix it so bad, STAY AWAY from Minzy.' Kai deadpanned, glaring at the older dancer with murder in his eyes.

Taemin once again could not believe it. Kai was rarely an adult when it came to solving problems. Well if he wasn't going to try and understand Taemin's intentions, the older male figured he'd just feed it to him straight.

'I get it. I know why you don't want me seeing her.' Taemin stared at Kai with sincerity in his eyes. 'You're afraid. You're afraid because I'm a threat to you. Are you so scared that you're going to lose Minzy just because I talk to her? What kind of boyfriend would it make you If you can't even trust that your girlfriend won't go back to me-'

'SHE WAS NEVER YOURS.' Kai corrected, his fists clenched so tight they were turning white. He clenched his teeth harshly at the emotionless expression Taemin gave him. It made him feel weak, and small. Something he absolutely loathed.

'Good, you're finally paying attention to what I'm saying.' Taemin retorted. 'You have no right to tell me I can't see her. She's a dear friend of mine, and I'm not letting that friendship die just because you can't keep hold your cool. Grow up Jongin.' As soon as Taemin finished with that last statement of his, he was pushed up against the wall by Kai who grabbed his collar and was right about ready to punch him.

 

'KAI! WHAT THE HELL?!' Suho came barging out with Luhan right beside him. 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!' The two EXO members immediately pulled Kai away by his arms, and the younger boy struggled in defeat and dismay because his leader had witnessed his immature act.

Kai couldn't defy Suho, so he allowed himself to be pushed into the dorm and away from Taemin, leaving the guy with Luhan.

 

'Taemin sunbae..are you alright?' Luhan looked at the SHINee boy who simply fixed up his collar, with an unreadable expression.

 

'Yeah...I'm fine.' Was the only answer Luhan got. 'I'm going to go and see her now.' He pat his clothes down and his heel, walking down the small steps of the entrance. Luhan watched him walk away, and was about to head back inside the dorm when he saw Taemin stop and turn his head around.

'You know...sometimes I wonder why she chose him over me.' The SHINee maknae smiled strangely, bowing his head to Luhan before leaving.

----

2ne1 Dorm

Minzy was alone at the dorm. Kai had left about an hour ago, and the rest of the 2NE1 members would be out until late. She felt relaxed to have time alone to herself, since what happened the night before was quite eventful. She was in her room, organising her wardrobe since it was in a messy state. This was due to the countless times 2NE1's schedules started earlier than planned so they were always rushed for getting ready. That explained why there were randoms garments hanging everywhere.

Minzy had her music playing through the room, as she listened to one of 2NE1's newest album's songs, singing along. The next song came on, coincidentally a SHINee song. It was a favourite of Minzy's. She sang the parts of 'Sleepless Night', all up until Taemin's part came up. And that's when she realised it was a SHINee song.

Minzy stopped to think. She had temporarily forgotten about what to do about Taemin since Kai was keeping her company. She had so many things she wanted to say, and yet she wasn't brave enough to leave him a message. She was afraid, and she was almost certain Taemin wouldn't want to talk to her for a while. At least, that's the excuse she was going with.

The doorbell rang, pushing Minzy out from her thoughts. She put her ipod on pause, before rushing to the front door and opening it mindlessly, assuming it to be one of the staff members from YG.

But when she was met with the face of the guy she was JUST thinking about, she mentally scolded herself for letting him see her in such attire. Her hair was pulled up into a ridiculously messy bun, and she was wearing one of her usual long oversized T-shirts to cover her body.

'Hi.' Taemin spoke first, not questioning with his eyes at Minzy's choice of clothing.

'Hi.' Minzy parroted, feeling way too underdressed.

'Your other members?' Taemin noticed the place to be quiet.

'I'm alone.' Minzy replied curtly.

'May I come in?' Taemin smiled sweetly at her. Minzy considered the idea for a moment, before she reluctantly nodded her head and moved aside to let him in.

'Just let me change my clothes first.'

 

----

A/N: So...I'm once again stuck for the pair that will finish the story. (Why is it I can never make up my mind?) And yes if anyone noticed, I stopped listing the new subbies/upvoters the last few chapters. I figure no one's looking at it anyway lol >.< But just know(to those that actually read this section) that I'm incredibly happy none of you unsubscribed to me(or at least, not many) I haven't forgotten about this story. This is my first project of using idols together in ships, however it is also my first so that explains why it is so poorly written and I'm trying to make it better! I have to admit my other fics are better written than this, as they were written well after and I've slightly(only slightly) improved since the start of this one. Okay, enough from me.

Okay, comments go go go !!

Thank you guys for waiting for me! ^__^ Back home from Japan!