Persistent

Your Dance is Addictive

A/N: Omg guess what? Just finishe writing a 'M' ish rated chapter for an upcoming part of the story because the random inspiration just flew on me for some reason. Apologies for them typos.

 

Kai P.O.V

 

'Kai?' 

'W-Why are you asking all of a sudden?'

'In general, I'm just curious.'

'Oh I see.' I nodded, trying not to sound grumpy. 'No he doesn't. Not that I know of anyway.'

'Alright.' She shrugged.

'You...you're interested in Taemin hyung?'

'Well yeah who wouldn't be? He's quite the interesting character plus he makes for good company.' She gave me the thumbs up.

'OHH so...you mean just as friends...right?' I eyed her closely.

'Well yeah friends, what else??' She frowned.

'Nothing really.' I shook my head. 'So he's coming over here to meet you?' I questioned casually, trying to suss out any other info.

'Yep. We're supposed to have a random dance session. He told me he wants to make up a small choreo with me.'

'Partner dance...I've never made one up before.' I pondered out loud.

'You should try it someday. I think it'd turn out great.' She ruffled my hair, making me feel embarrassed but happy. 'You know what..I could do with some fresh air right now. Let's go for a walk.' She suggested.

'Now? Where to?'

'Mmmm...the convenience store or something? This room is getting pretty stuffy.'

'Okay let's go.' I smiled and took her hand. 'Guys, we'll be back in a bit.' I called to Kyungsoo and Baekhyun.

Chanyeol who had the microphone, deliberately screamed. 'KAI! DON'T YOU DARE DO ANYTHING NAUGHTY TO HER!' He deadpanned.

The other members laughed but then gasped when they saw Minzy and I had our fingers intertwined together.

'C-Chanyeol-sshi...we're just going for a walk. It's nothing..' Minzy laughed awkwardly.

'I trust you Minzy sunbae...but Kai....' Chanyeol squinted his eyes at me mockingly. I rolled my eyes and hurried Minzy out of the room, where we bumped into Luhan.

'Kai? Minzy? Where are you going?' He asked, probably returning from the bathroom.

'Just going for a walk. Probably going to the convenience store to grab snacks on the way back.' Minzy smiled at him.

'Oh can I come with you then? There's something I want to get aswell.'

'Sure, join us!' She smiled but then I spoke up.

'Hyung....'I eyed him without Minzy noticing. 'We'll just buy it for you okay?' I emphasized, telling him to stay away.

'Ohhh..yeah okay I'll get it next time. Have fun.' He said.

'Eh all of a sudden? Why?' Minzy complained. Luhan chuckled for a bit before he leaned in and spoke in her ear.

'Because Kai will get upset.'

I glared at him becuase he obviously meant for me to hear it aswell. Minzy just tilted her head, frowning but I pulled her away. 'Come on let's go already.' I dragged her to the elevator and pulled her inside. I held her waist lightly as we descended down the building's floors.

'You...like to touch people a lot don't you?' She asked, not looking at me.

'..Maybe just you.' I replied. Wow did I just say that?

'Uhuh...' She mumbled. It seemed she started feeling uncomfortable again so I let go. On the ground floor, we ran into Kris and Tao.

'Kris hyung! Tao! You decided to join afterall?' I waved.

'Kai I'm your hyung too!' Tao shouted. 'Minzy sunbae, hi again.'

'Hello Tao-sshi.' She bowed slightly. Kris was standing a bit further away from us so Minzy went over to say hi aswell.

Tao turned to me and gave me a judging look.

What?' I stared back.

'Are you guys leaving to go on a secret date?!' Tao made the ':O' expression.

'No no no!' I shook my hands around. 'We'll be back soon geez.'

'Well...have you made any progress yet?'

'Stop interrogating me! You forget. We only hung out yesterday and today.' I retorted, half pissed off.

'Alright alright.' He raised his arms up and looked behind at Kris and Minzy. 'Why does Kris hyung look angry for?'

'What?' I turned my attention towards the two in the distance. Kris looked a little bit angry and I frowned at Minzy's uncomfortable expression. It's like as if he was catching her out for something. What were they talking about? I walked over and decided to interrupt.

'Shall we get going Minzy?' I gently held her hand. 'Uhuh...' She let out the smallest smile and then turned to Kris. 'We'll see you back in the room in a bit.' She bowed. Kris bowed back and stared at her for a moment longer before returning to Tao. I quickly led Minzy out of the building.

'Did Kris hyung say anything funny to you? Looked like a bit of tension was going on back there..' I looked at her, worried.

'You think too much Kai. We were just greeting each other.' She shook her head and smiled at me. Thinking maybe it was just my imagination, I let it go. 'Oh hey there's a convenience store about a block from here. Let's go there.' I suggested.

'We should really put on our masks and shades right now.' She reminded. We both took out our disguises and covered our faces up before making our way across the road. 'What does Luhan Oppa need anyway?' She asked when we arrived at the store.

'Not sure.' I shrugged.

'Give me your phone.' She took her hand out. 'I'll call and ask him. Might as well copy his number down too ehe.'

I separated from her to grab some random snacks for the Exo members. After a minute or two she joined me. 'He said he feels like kimbap. I'll grab him a few. What are you buying for the rest?' She asked.

'Candy, Chips, and some bread buns. Could you grab some drinks over there?'

'Okay. Let's just go with Cola.'

We finished paying for our stuff and headed out. 'You know..you make me feel like a jerk for not letting me pay.' I pouted. Minzy chuckled and brought her index finger up to straighten up my mouth. 'It's a habit of mine. I like to treat my friends, so don't stress about it.' I blushed at the contact but cleared my throat and pretended to inspect the stuff we bought. I noticed a juice box of banana milk lost in the majority of cola cans. Probably for Taemin hyung.

------

Minzy ended her last song with an English RnB ballad song and everyone waved their arms around except for Kris who either just stared at the screen or played with his phone. I had a gut feeling that maybe he had something against her but what?

'Thanks so much for taking me here, it was super fun! I have an appointment now so until next time!' She waved to everyone. Luhan stood up and gave her a hug which seemed more friendly than I would've liked. I then followed her out of the room and into the elevator.

'What am I? Your little sister?' She laughed, as we exited.

'Actually I'm not escorting you out. I want to see Taemin hyung.' I smirked.

'Sure.' She rolled her eyes at me. 'Oh there he is.' Minzy pointed to the figure standing outside.

'Oh Kai you were here too?' Wanna join? I didn't know you were free today so I didn't ask at first.' Taemin hyung looked at me.

'Oh but Kai's singing karaoke with Exo right now. But...you wanna leave early and come with us?' Minzy smiled at me.

'No I shouldn't. Next time yeah?' I smiled and hugged her. Maybe longer than I should have.

'Cya.' I smiled before I went back inside.

------------

Author P.O.V

'So like I said. You turn at 6, jump on 7 and pose by 8. Got it?' Taemin instructed.

'Alright. Let's try it again from the start.' Minzy nodded, walking back to her initial spot.

The dance room in the SM building had been occupied for the last 2 hours by the dancing maknaes who were hard at work, creating a new dance, using each other's techniques of hip hop, isolation and popping to achieve that powerful charisma they wanted. Although Minzy's style generally has more of a y feel since she's so used to using her hips, she decided to try and apply more of Taemin's style which much to her surprise, was easy to get used to. After 3 more times of dancing to their routine, they agreed to stop for the day and continue next time. Minzy planted herself on the floor, sitting with her legs stuck out and rested to gain her breath back.

'I think we made awesome progress today.' She breathed heavily. Taemin sat and joined her, replying in the same condition. 'Yeah.' He breathed out. 'I think we can finish off the last 4 counts next time.'

Minzy crawled over to her bag to grab her water bottle and returned to her spot next to Taemin. Tugging the bottom of the shirt she was wearing which was now covered in sweat, she let out a sigh of exhaustion.

'Just return it after you wash it for me.' Taemin pointed to the shirt on her body.

'Sure. Thanks for letting me borrow it.' She wiped the sweat off her forehead. 'I wanna look at some more videos of your dancing.'

'Alright. There's a laptop here. I'll grab it.'

The two sat comfortably next to each other as they searched up each others best dance videos.

'See, I really like this dance you did. Has a lot of technique and strong points in it.' Minzy complimented.

'My favourite video of you is the one right after your debut. You know your dance part at Sketchbook during your 'Fire' promotions? ' Taemin grinned.

'Oh really? I like this one too hehe.'

'Aww you're too cute.' Taemin inched closer and hugged her.

'Oppa, let go of me!' Minzy laughed. 'We just finished dancing.'

'We're both sweaty anyway, I don't see why it matters~' He whined back, not loosening his grip on her body.

'You're so childish.' She grinned. 'Come on. Someone might come in and see us.'

'It doesn't matter does it? We can just explain themselves.... Or are you worried about Kai?' He suddenly let go. Minzy immediately stopped smiling and frowned.

'...WHY is everybody saying Kai this Kai that? Oppa....Is Kai....Is Kai really interested in me?'

Taemin stayed silent for a moment before he asked his own question instead. 'Who else has been saying things?'

'Well one is you for just now...and the rest are the Exo members. At first, I thought I KNEW it was a joke. But Luhan Oppa kept hinting to me...and Kris even warned me not to hurt his dongsaeng..like what the hell? I hear Baekhyun Oppa saying stuff like "are you seducing her?" And then Luhan decides to not walk with us to the store because "Kai will get jealous." Last thing I had to hear was Kris warning me not to get too close to him or he'll do something. And there's more, trust me.' She sighed in frustration.

Taemin giggled at her angry face. 'Didn't you have a hunch that he might like you?'

'So it's true he does?'

'To an extent, yeah I think he has a crush on you.' Taemin calmly replied.

'This is so...confusing!! What special thing did I do to make him like me?' She scratched her head.

'You're just being you. I don't blame him actually.' Taemin smiled. He leaned in closer to Minzy's face and whispered. I like you too.'

Minzy froze. 'Bwo?' She raised her eyebrow. Was she hearing him right? Did he just calmly confess to her?

Taemin chuckled and placed a kiss on her forehead. 'I said. I like you too.' Minzy felt her stomach tingle and her head felt dizzy.

She shook her head furiously repeating the word 'No' mutiple times.

'What? You don't believe me?' Taemin pouted.

Minzy backed away and continued shaking her head at the boy next to her. 'Oppa..It's trouble for me to deal with an SM idol who has a crush on me. The last thing I need is his best friend joking around and saying he feels the same way.' Minzy sighed and looked down. 'But...If it were you..maybe it wouldn't be so bad...' She mumbled the last part.

'Oh? So you're giving me a chance?' Taemin started smirking, moving forward.

'How do I know you're not lying?' Minzy moved back. Taemin chuckled. 'Want me to show you then?' He continued to move forward as Minzy backed away until lightly bashing into the mirror wall. Taemin smiled sweetly at her before hovering over her body. He placed a hand on her shoulder while the other slowly came up to her face, leaning his head in so he could get a closer look at her face. She looked at him cautiously. Fear mixed with excitement. Minzy had her fist clenched, in fear of Taemin stealing a kiss out of her when she didn't even know herself whether she had feelings for the boy yet.

'Oppa..' She mumbled. 'Don't do it. Please...' She begged. Though she had a big chance of getting away by simply pushing him, all Minzy did was use her words in attempt to halt the boy. Perhaps it was due to the exhausted state her body was in from the dancing. Something about the way he touched her this time round gave her a different feeling and a part of her wanted to feel those lips pressed on hers. Taemin didn't reply to her plea and Minzy could feel his hot breath, lingering on her skin, making her grow weak. Her eyes fluttered as she closed them and her clenched fist slowly came out of its hold, instead reaching out to touch Taemin's shirt. Taemin grinned to himself at this, and slowly moved in, getting closer and closer to his goal of feeling Minzy's lips pressed against his.

Her mind fogged up, as she lost herself in the surprisingly passionate kiss Taemin gave her. She subconsciously brought up her free hand to run through his hair, pulling him closer. Taemin's grip on her shoulder tightened. After a good minute, he finally pulled back and covered his mouth, coming back to his senses.

'S-sorry....' He avoided her eyes.

Minzy's fingers brushed against her lips as she blushed deeply, not knowing what to say back. It wasn't like she could say everything was fine because she already told him not to kiss her. Than again it was so easy just to stand up and walk away when he came closer. What was so hard about it? Taemin backed away and gave her some space to breath. Minzy kept her head down and neither said anything for at least a couple of minutes.

'Oppa?'

'Y-Yeah...?'

'I uh...I..I believe you now.'

-----

A/N: PLEASE TELL ME IT WAS GOOD FOR ME TO MAKE TAEMIN KISS BECAUSE I SPENT HALF AN HOUR DEBATING WHETHER TO MAKE THEM ALMOST KISS AND THEN GET INTERRUPTED BY A PHONE CALL OR SOMEONE COMING IN. URGH AM I A BAD AUTHOR? D; BAD WRITER?

I would love opinions. I'm actually feeling quite down today but I wanted to update for y'all. I love both short & long comments so fire away.

FYI I've never ever tried to write a kiss scene (Or if I have, I didn't try to make it sound good) This time I tried...how was it?

Though I'm still sick, you guys deserve an update. Anyway thanks for the new subbies from last update:

AJnoona

everybodysqualay 

prettytin 

hauito 

hyunjungiii 

okayokayokay 

And of course the 2 new upvoters~

msthanatos

Devin-chan

Rainbows are pretty cool, are they not? Anyway you guys wanted your Taemin Oppa back. Here he is ~ *cries* I'm feeling so sick =__=

Trying to recover, adieu my lovelies ~