Confrontation

Your Dance is Addictive
The last week of the YGxSM joint training had finally come and for most of the groups, they had members missing and they were never all there at the same time due to promotions, preparing for tours etc. This problem limited Kai and Minzy to strictly texting, and even though they had just started their little relationship, it was quite unbearable; Especially for Kai. It wasn't like he couldn't function properly without having seen Minzy first, but it bothered him that his fellow member Luhan would also be contacting the girl pretty often, and it made Kai question who it was Minzy spent more time messaging. He even had the urge to swipe Luhan's phone but Xiumin saw to that by giving him a wise man talk about trusting his hyungs, not that he knew why Kai wanted to see Luhan's phone in the first place. 

And then there was the case of simply being in Minzy's presence. He didn't even realise that he had become so attached and used to seeing the maknae from 2NE1 because they were basically forced to train together for the past month and a bit, making them see each other at least twice a week and sometimes more. The sudden loss of contact in real life with his (as of recent) girlfriend was upsetting, and promoting 'Overdose' wasn't exactly helping, especially because of the meaning that the song carried. 

Since it was the last week, Kai was determined to make the effort in going to the last few training lessons, even if it meant not getting any sleep at all. However there was something that made him feel a little discouraged in going. And that thing was the news. The news that he had yet to break to his best friend that he was dating Minzy, the girl who Taeimin had been showering all his attention to, and Kai knew it wasn't purely platonic. Even though Minzy had assured Kai that she'd break the news herself, it had been 2 weeks and nothing.

Despite this, Kai was still excited to get the chance and see Minzy, even if they both couldn't stay for the entire session. He really, really, really wanted to kiss her again, and although he felt pathetic for feeling that way, he just couldn't help himself. Prior to having any close relations with Minzy, Kai was a guy who, like many male blackjack fans, found the girls of 2NE1(in Kai's case, Minzy) extremely attractive. This meant that he had gone through a few times of guilty pleasure, touching himself while watching videos of her. It was dirty, and pretty disturbing but he couldn't help it. So now that he was actually involved with the ero maknae, it felt weird and even more wrong to do those things, so he refrained from them, resulting in some restless nights due to not being able to stop thinking about his girlfriend. 

'Kai, are you going to your training sesson today? I'm going to make a stop by because Bom noona said she's gonna be there today.' Baekhyun's voice was heard and Kai turned his head around to see his hyung standing by the bedroom door. He blushed slightly at his thoughts before shaking them out of his head.

'I want to go...do you know if SHINee hyungs are going to be there today?' 

'Mmm.. Jonghyun hyung told me they're busy preparing for their new japanese single lately...so I don't think so.' Baekhyun scratched his head. 'Are you sure you want to go? We have a filming later and I would get some sleep if I were you, I wasn't the one up late last night texting my girlfriend so..' He shrugged.

Kai instantly paled and shot Baekhyun a look of panic. 'How did you know?! I swore Kyungsoo to privacy on that. He's the only one I officially told about Me and Minzy, but even HE couldn't keep a secret.'

'Chill Kai, I was just guessing, but it doesn't take much for you to get fired up as usual.' Baekhyun rolled his eyes. 'Well hurry up if you wanna go, I'm leaving soon.' 

'Mm..ye-yeah.' Kai cleared his throat and got up from his bed. Before he could start getting changed, Kai's phone rang from inside his pocket and he slowly took it out, simply thinking it was a phone call from one of s or their manager. But when he saw the name 'Minji' flash across the screen, his eyes widened as he quickly picked up the call, putting the phone to his ear, waiting for his girlfriend to say something first.

'....Kai?' Minzy's husky voice made him feel that tingle in his stomach. It was the first time he had heard her voice for a week.

'Hey.' He said simply, grinning like an idiot, and feeling glad that Minzy couldn't see it.

'I actually wasn't expecting you to be awake..you're not tired from promotions?' She asked in concern. Again, Kai smiled sheepishly to himself after hearing that worrying tone coming from Minzy.

'I am tired..but I got up today because I was planning to go to training since it's one of the last. Are you...?' He trailed off.

There was silence for a few moments before Minzy spoke.

'Actually..that's why I called.' She finally said, and Kai already had a bad feeling.

'You're not coming, are you?' He didn't wait for her to explain, and his grin turned into a pout.

'Since I still have to work on my solo performance for the Japan tour, the rest of my members will be there...but I really can't make it today.' 

Kai had already slammed his back onto the bed with the phone still to his ear, and he closed his eyes while frowning.

'Kai?' Minzy asked. '....You're not mad are you?'

Kai slowly opened his eyes and stuck his gaze to the ceiling. Yes, he was mad. But not at Minzy. He was mad at himself. He was almost ready to complain and whine about why the hell he couldn't see her. But then realised how stupid and a waste of a time it would've been, especially because Minzy didn't have control over her schedule whatsoever. He knew that so well, and yet as usual,  he let his mood drop down immediately.

'No, It's okay.' He replied as normally as he could. But inside his mind he was gruelling on the fact that he hadn't seen her in 2 weeks, plus she was going to be on tour in Japan. Suddenly, Kai sort of wished he wasn't promoting right now.

'I'll see you when you get back.' Kai assured her, but he was pretty much assuring himself by saying it out loud and nodding to himself.

'There's no more training after I come back, so it'll be harder. I don't know if I'll see you right away.' Minzy replied, heaving out a little sigh that could still be heard by Kai. The boy simply ran a hand through his still messy hair and rolled to his side, hugging one of the pillows that was lying on the bed. If only this was Minzy. He thought, before realising how intimate it would be, causing him to blush like an idiot.

'I'm sorry...' Minzy suddenly mumbled after a response didn't come from Kai. 'I also have to leave soon for my rehearsal so-'

'I get it, you don't have to explain it to me.' Kai smiled lightly, this time wishing his girlfriend could see his smile. 'We're idols, we have to it up.'

'Thanks..it's just I know you get upset really quickly, but I guess it's pretty easy to make you happy as well.' Minzy suddenly chuckled, causing Kai to laugh as well. At least she called him, and calling was dangerous too because of coming across suspicious in front of your band mates and manager. 

'For now, you can use your member's instagram accounts to keep up with me.' Minzy teased. 'I still want you to make one by the way.'

'Maybe one day. For now, I'll take hostage of Sehun or Chanyeol's phone to check your posts.'

'Sounds good. Listen, I gotta head off now, but...I promise I'll text you when I can.' 

'Yeah.' Kai simpled replied and waited for his girlfriend to hang up first. He abrupty sat up and thought to himself. He probably couldn't count on seeing his girlfriend for at least another 2 weeks.

'Screw it.' He said to himself before grabbing his laptop and starting to search up a video of Gong Minji dancing.

Hey, he's a guy, right?

----

 Night after the concert in Japan, hotel

'So, we won't be going back to Seoul for another two days! What plans should we make?!' Bom asked as she checked her makeup in the mirror. It had already been 2 hours since the show had ended but Bom was still busy taking selcas on her phone. Minzy had already cleaned and showered, and she was now sprawled across her bed updating her instagram and thanking YG stans for supporting them in Osaka. 

 

(A/N: Legit she posted this pic after the YG tour in Osaka ^^)

Minzy glanced over to Bom who was still sitting at the mirror, still decked out in her last outfit for the concert and her hair was still perfect. She tilted her head slightly in confusion.

'More importantly..are you planning to go out tonight?' 

'I might. You do know they're here as well, right?' Bom came over and sat at the edge of Minzy's bed.

'They?' Minzy frowned. 

'Yeah, SHINee sunbaenims.' Bom nodded enthusiastically, and Minzy instantly paled, turning her gaze down at her phone to not give herself away. Yes, she knew SHINee was currently in Japan filming for their new japanese song, 'Lucky Star'. Taemin had already asked her to come and visit the filming(that was happening the next day) and of course she said she'd try, but deep inside he knew if she actually went, she'd HAVE to finally tell Taemin about her and Kai. And that couldn't be good for his mood during the filming. 

'Hello? Mingkki?' Bom called. 'Are you even listening to me?'

'Sorry...I was updating my instagram..what were you saying?' The maknae asked, even though she clearly heard what her unnie said.

'I am planning to go out...Jonghyun asked me if I wanna go out for drinks. I was going to ask you to come, but I figured you'd want to rest.' Bom shrugged. 'But if you wanna join, I'm not leaving for a few minutes.'

'What...so you two are meeting alone?' Minzy finally looked at Bom, her eyes widening slightly.

'No.' The older girl rolled her eyes. 'I think they'll all be there. I'm supposed to meet them at a bar later, he texted me the address. I  asked Chaerin to come as well, since she was the most stressed out about the tour.' 

'Then what about..Dara unnie?' Minzy asked, still taken aback at founding out the sudden news that Bom and Jonghyun were seemingly close friends. 

'She's planning to get up early tomorrow to go out shopping so I didn't ask her. So how about it Minggki?' Bom winged her eyebrows. 'You can just get dressed, no need for makeup since you already cleaned your face.'

Minzy bit her lip slightly, debating on whether she should join or not. It sounded appealing, since she was in the mood for relieving a little stress especially after the concert. But on the other hand, she knew she'd be bothered the entire night because Taemin would probably be all over her, plus the older SHINee members seemed to think that they had something going on, especially after that stupid dorm visit. It was already a misunderstanding, and she was afraid of the posibility that the members of SHINee would come to dislike her.

'I think I'll catch some sleep instead. But say hi for me.' Minzy smiled slightly at Bom before burying herself under the bedsheets. 'Night.' 

'Oh..okay.' Bom pouted in disappointment. 'Don't you want to see Taemin?' 

'...We're not what you think we are unnie. Don't say stuff like that.' Minzy hid her face under the covers. '..Have fun.'

'Yeah, thanks..' Bom scratched her head before exiting the room.

 

The next morning, Minzy woke up quite early, only catching less than 6 hours of sleep but she surprisingly slept pretty well. By the looks of her roommate, Bom who was on the adjacent bed, she guessed Bom had trouble getting into bed after going out for drinks because half of her body was hanging off the side of the bed. Minzy chuckled to herself at this before checking her phone for the time. The usual notifications that came from fans were there as usual, but she noticed a new text message came, and it was from none other than Lee Taemin, the boy who had been bothering her mind for the past couple of weeks.

'Morning Minji-ah. 

Hope your concert last night was successful ^^

We had some fun last night with Bom and CL noona, and we invited them along with Big Bang sunbaes to come and visit our set if they're all free, so you can come all together. What do you think? :)'

Minzy silently sighed in relief and smiled. It'd make things less complicated if the idols of YG were to visit all together, and Minzy mentally thanked Bom for going out with Jonghyun and the rest of them the night before. Minzy went out of her messages and tapped into her photo album, swiping several photos until she found the last selca that she took with Taemin, the one she took with him during the surprise performance night. She stared at the photo for a good minute and bit her lip.

'...Not yet.' She whispered to herself, brushing her fingers over Taemin's face on her phone screen. 'But when am I going to tell you...?' 

'Mmmmmmmmm.' Suddenly Bom's voice caught Minzy's attention, and the maknae turned around to see the sight of her unnie shaking her head as she slowly sat up in bed. 

'Mingkki....Can you run me a bath? My head hurts....' Bom's morning voice made Minzy laugh. 

'Sure unnie.' The younger girl smiled in response. 'About today's plans....what should we do?' 

'Uhhhhh.....' Bom ran a hand through her bed hair. 'I think...something about visiting SHINee's filming set?'

'Sounds lke fun. Maybe we should bring them some food.' 

'You can...Jonghyun owes me corn!' Bom yelled, slamming back onto the bed, causing the maknae to laugh. 

----

Back in Seoul, Korea

'Hyung, you're back!' Kai immediately pounced onto his best friend and gave him a big hug upon seeing him appear at the door of the dance room. 'How was Japan?' 

'It was great. The filming for the music video went well, plus Big Bang and 2NE1 came to visit us at the set.' Taemin grinned, hugging his dongsaeng back. Kai's face scrunched up at the mention of 2NE1, but nonetheless he stayed smiling.

'So, what are you doing here today? The training program is over so...' 

'I stopped by your dorm to say hi..but Suho said you were busy training along here. I brought back a present.' The SHINee maknae grinned. 'Are you busy tonight? I wanted to celebrate your consecutive wins with you. Overdose is daebak.'

Kai smiled endearingly at his best friend. He missed this. No, they weren't on bad terms at all, but Kai had been blatantly skipping the many chances to see his best friend ever since his comeback stage, which was also the last time he saw Minzy as well. 

'Yeah, let's go hyung.' 

'Awesome. I'll pick you up later when you're done with training. Call me later?' Taemin fistbumped Kai.

 

Several hours later, Taemin and Kai had arrived at a bar late at night, where there were only a few middle aged men drinking inside. Taemin had already brought his dongsaeng a bottle of Soju, as they started digging into some Korean BBQ. Kai was busy using a pair of tongs to cook several slices of beef while Taemin simply watched him. 

'So other than winning, anything else been going on lately?' Taemin asked nochalantly, not noticing how Kai slightly stiffened at the question. Kai flipped the pieces of beef and cooked them for a little while longer before serving them to his and Taemin's empty plates.

'Other than promotions...nothing.' He answered, before taking a sip of his drink. 'Anything fun happen in Japan?'

'Since we had our YG friends visit us at the filming set, it was fun. We hung out for dinner after that.' Taemin took the first slice of beef from his plate and started to chew on it.

Kai watched his best friend's delighted expression from eating the BBQ piece. Minzy clearly hadn't broken the news, but it didn't surprise Kai anyway.

'That's good..so now that you're back in Seoul, what are SHINee's plans?' Kai asked before eating some of his own food.

'We're not promoting for the rest of this year actually, so I guess separate activities. More importantly, do you have any schedules on tomorrow?' 

'None, it's my rest day coincidentally. Why?' Kai asked casually, placing some more pieces of meat over the hot plate.

'Good, so we can take our time and have a good time drinking tonight. I haven't seen you for a month little one.' Taemin grinned, raising his bottle of Soju up in the air, waiting for Kai to do the same.

The younger boy slightly clenched his left fist that was lying by his side before he quickly lifted his bottle of soju and clinked it with his best friend's. 

'Cheers!' They smiled together. Taemin's was a geniune smile, but Kai's was a forced one, because tonight, he had to tell him everything. 

Kim Jongin had to tell his best friend that he was dating someone. He was dating Gong Minji, who was an object of affection to both him and his best friend. The secrets were due to come out. And there were secrets that Kai didn't know about either.

 

Their friendship might not ever be the same after this. 

---

A/N: Sorry for the slow update...but something's coming up guys ^__~ heh. Just letting you know this story is not going to be TOO long! It is more than halfway along(according to my plan so far unless I change my mind) Thanks for the support guys <3

And incase you were confused...I like to use real life events and I know the dates of SHINee's MV and 2NE1's Japan tour weren't actually at the same time, (SHINee ws in May and I'm pretty sure 2NE1's was in April I'm not sure...) but I wanted to make them go together so don't question me xD

Thanks to the new subbies: