Tangled

Your Dance is Addictive

Taemin P.O.V

'You're a little anti-social aren't you?'

I glanced up from the laptop to see Jonghyun entering our room, carrying a few bottles of Soju.

'That's not it. I only came up here to watch the performance video for my group.' I diverted my attention back to the screen.

'Oh, you got a hold of it already??' He rushed over and sat beside me.

'I asked Manager hyung to get it for me.' I nodded, pointing to the USB plugged in the side of my laptop. My lips curled up slightly when mine and Minzy's part finished. We danced perfectly in sync and our expressions were just right.

'Mind telling me what kind of relationship you have with Minzy-ssi?' A bottle of Soju was handed to me.

'What exactly do you wanna know?' I asked, gently pushing away the Soju. I wasn't up for drinking much alcohol tonight.

'Well..you two seem to get along pretty well...really well for just having known each other for about a month.' Jonghyun opened his bottle and took a sip. 'You sure there's no back story I don't know? It can't just be because you're in the same group.'

I tapped a button to pause the video before I turned my head towards him. 'Well... we really did get close in a month. Is it so hard to believe? And it's not like my first time meeting her either. I had a collaboration with her years ago remember? And we're a fan of each other's group too.'

'I guess so...' He nodded while considering my point for a moment. 'But there's definitely something else.' He narrowed his eyes a little.

'Are you sure you're not just imagining it?' I asked. Why was he so curious all of a sudden anyway?

'There has to be something else. Taemin, I know you. I know you and Naeun actually had something going on and it wasn't just for the show's sake. I know you. You're kinda sneaky you know? ... So tell me about you and Minzy-ssi.' He gave me a judging look, like as If he already knew I had something to hide. I sighed lightly before deciding to respond.

'We meet outside of practise sometimes. So there's your answer.' I rolled my eyes at him. 'Hyung, why are you so curious anyway?' I frowned. If any of my members were to interrogate me about my social life, I'd only expect it to be Key.

'Curiosity? Concern?' He smiled at me.

'I bet it's not the latter.' I muttered.

'So. You like Minzy-ssi?'

More than like.

'Yeah, I do.'

'And Naeun fits into this how?... He asked, his tone sounding a little judgmental.

'I broke off all ties with Naeun a while ago. We're friends, we're not dating anymore.'

'Anymore huh?' Jonghyun smirked. 'Then another thing I want to know is...have you told Krystal yet?' He questioned, clearly enjoying the conversation way too much.

'What is this? Counsellor time?' I scrunched up my face. 'It's not your business who I acquaint myself with. It's not for you to know who I'm dating. Geez, you're like a netizen.' I spat, ready to receive scolding for speaking rudely. But instead, Jonghyun only looked at me and nodded while gulping down some more of his Soju.

'Well whoever you choose....make sure they're you're happy as well.'

'I already know that.' I rolled my eyes. 'But hyung.....what if-'

KNOCK KNOCK

'Hold that thought.’ I watched as he made his way over to open the door. I didn’t pay much attention to it until I heard a girl’s voice.

'I came to visit Taemin Oppa.'

My ears perked up at the familiar voice and I got out of my seat, walking towards the door where Jonghyun looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I ignored it before welcoming my guest.

‘Krystal-ah..what have you come for?’ I smiled softly. I watched her slightly pout before she draped her arm around mine, something that I was used to for so long now.

‘Since you weren’t downstairs where everyone was, I thought you’d be in here. And I was right! Do you need my company?’ She grinned at me. I fought the urge to laugh at the fact that she never failed to pay attention only to me and ignore anyone else. Ruffling her hair lightly, I exchanged glances with Jonghyun and he only shook his head in amusement.

‘Make sure you come down later okay?’ He nodded at us. ‘I might as well join the others.

‘You can stay….hyung…’ I mumbled, trying to let him know I didn’t want to be alone with Krystal right now. He only waved slightly before making his way out, and I bit my lip in frustration. It wasn’t like I wasn’t happy to see her, but whenever Krystal drank even just the tiniest amounts of alcohol, she becomes even more attached to me than ever.

‘Oppa…why are you here alone?’ Her voice brought me back to reality. I looked down at her and shrugged. ‘It’s just nice to have some peace and quiet. Come to the table, I can show you the performances.’ I led her to the table where she sat close to me, her hold on my arm not loosening at all.

‘Oh, you brought some Soju up here with you!’ She exclaimed, grabbing the almost full bottle Jonghyun left behind. ‘I’ll take this one.’

‘Don’t have too much...I don’t want to see a drunk Krystal.’ I laughed while I knocked her forehead jokingly.

‘Oh I’m fine Oppa. You’ve seen me drink before, and you told me once you think I’m cute when I’m tipsy.’ I felt her lean her head on my shoulder.

‘I did say that didn’t I?’ I replied, remembering a little flashback from about a year ago. I played the video of her group’s singing, which was a ballad. We watched the entire showcase while commenting and discussing our success of the night. We spent about 20 minutes critiquing our performance before a random minute of silence filled the room. I was about to say something before she beat me to it.

‘Do you still remember that day…Oppa?’

I looked away from her and immediately knew what she was referring to.

‘The day I confessed to you.’ She reminded.

My fingers that were subconsiocuisly tapping at the table immediste stopped and I kept my gaze away from her.

‘Yeah…I know what you’re talking.’

‘You told me that I didn’t really like you because I confused your kindness for love. But Oppa, I know you only saw me as a little dongsaeng back then. I’ve been by your side for a long time now, and I know you’re aware of how much I’ve always liked you.’

My lips grew into a thin line. I didn’t know what I wanted to say and I couldn’t even think about what she wanted to hear. The memories of that time flashed though my head again and I recalled a few things we both said that day.

 

 

 

 

‘Why won’t you accept me Oppa?’

 

 

 

‘I can’t date you like this…please understand.’

 

 

 

‘I will keep trying to show you how I feel. Please don’t let me go.’

 

 

 

 

‘Oppa….?’

I quickly shook my head in response, only to notice Krystal staring at me looking worried.

‘Oppa, does it hurt anywhere?’ She immediately held my shoulders and moved around to check my body.

‘I’m fine I’m fine.’ I assured her, gently prying her hands off my shoulders and placing them in my hands.

‘Krystal-ah…’ I looked at her pleadingly with my eyes; my eyes telling her to stop. Hoping that she can will understand my plea. Because I know I was only going to hurt her if she continued like this. And I didn’t want to hurt her again, not when she’s made such a big impact on my life. But I knew her. A girl who wants to see things through to the end, no matter what. To get an answer, and not remain in the dark.

‘Oppa…why don’t you like me?’ She looked at me with even sadder eyes, the ones that I wished I‘d never have to see again. The ones I wished I never had to see in the first place, because I didn’t want to be the cause of them. I could only look at her with my face bathing in guilt, and when I saw tears threatening to fall, I quickly cupped her face with my hand. Wiping the droplet that was going to escape her eyes, I managed to smile weakly before speaking.

‘You’re very dear to me Krystal. You stayed by my side since the start and no one can ever replace you. You’ve seen me both in my best and worst moments, and you’ve always been there to celebrate or comfort me. You have no idea how much I value what we have, but I….’ I trailed off when she leaned her face closer to mine, and I knew fully well what she wanted. I let go off her face and moved away and she whimpered in response.

‘Krystal, don’t do that-‘

‘Why does it have to be her Oppa? Why?’ She cut me off, making another string of guilty wash over me.

‘Krystal, we’re talking about you, not-‘

‘But clearly she’s involved!’ She interrupted me again, her fist hitting my chest hard. It didn’t affect me nearly as much as seeing the tears I saw rolling down her face. I quickly took the handkerchief from my pocket and moved closer to lightly dab her skin, only to roughly be pushed away.

‘WHY IS IT GONG MINZY FOR?!’ She yelled this time, making me flinch. I had my gaze fixed on the handkerchief that was lying on the floor, somehow hoping I could come up with something to say. I couldn’t hear Krystal sobbing, and I only guessed that she was more angry than upset.

‘Do you know how much I’ve tried to make you look at me that way? See me as someone who’s not your dongsaeng, someone who isn’t like a sister to you.’ She cried, her words only making me feel guiltier.

‘What did Minzy do to make you fall in love with her straight away? How does she make that sparkle appear in your eyes every time you look at her?’ She only questioned more that I couldn’t answer.

‘Answer me.’ She deadpanned, making me stiffen up. ‘Answer me!’

I only looked at her in defeat. I knew I couldn’t lie to her about this, especially not about Minzy. Through her angry looking eyes, I could see that fear in them, and it made me want to protect her, but how could I when I was the one hurting her? And just like that, without carefully choosing my words, I answered with my honest feelings.

 

 

 

 

‘I’m in love with Gong Minji, and Gong Minji only.’

 

 

 

Instead of slapping me, or hitting me, I was only presented with the view of her leaving my room, slamming the door behind her without another word. But I didn’t have any motive to follow her, because what would I say?

I bent down and picked up my discarded handkerchief, the one that Krystal gave me a long time ago, and unexpectedly, it was my tears starting to well up and my vision becoming blurry.

 

Why was I such a fool?

 

----

Author's P.O.V

 

 

‘Ughhh….. why does my head hurt so much?’ Minzy scrunched up her face and squinted at the sunlight that dared to disturb her sleep. Keeping her eyes still closed, she tried to relay the events of the night before, wondering why a massive headache hit her as soon as she woke up.

‘Performance….celebration....drinking…’ She mumbled to herself. After those words she didn’t know. What she had her body lying on didn’t exactly feel that familiar or even comfortable either.

‘Unnie…where are we?’ She called to a random 2NE1 member, assuming they were even in the same room as her.

‘Unnie?’ She called out again, refusing to open her eyes and hopefully waiting for a response. She slowly brought her body to face the other side, where the sun was touching her back instead. Still wondering where she was, Minzy was about to call out again before she heard a tiny bit of shuffling around in the room. Confused, she stayed silent and continued to listen to the shuffling sounds, and If it weren’t for her massive headache she would’ve panicked and jumped right out of bed.

‘Are,,,are you awake right now?’

A voice. A male’s voice. It was close enough for her to identify that owner of that voice, but a few questions came to mind before Minzy decided to open her eyes.

‘I’m awake.’ She mumbled, her heavy eyelids still not budging.

‘Uh…g-good morning….’ The person stuttered, making Minzy want to laugh but her head was aching so much, it was hard to react at all. Finally opening her eyes, Minzy was met with the view of her person, and her hunches were right.

‘Kai….what happened last night? …Why are you here?’

'We came here last night to sleep...' He started, but it took only that to make Minzy jump up from her lying position.

'Kai!' She yelled, scaring the boy who only looked at her in confusion.

'Why did you bring me up here?!'

Shocked by the sudden outburst, Kai started to panic.

'Was it wrong to take you up here...?' He uttered quietly, starting to feel a little awkward.

'I'm not supposed to be here.'

Minzy whipped out of the bed, standing up weakly as she winced at the pain in her head. She noticed she was still decked out in her outfit from the performance the night before.

'Who's your roommate? Did they come up here? Ughhhh how am I going to explain myself!!' She roughly ran a hand through her hair.

Kai, still kneeling at the foot of the bed that Minzy abandoned, chuckled to himself.

‘Minzy...I already took care of it.'

She whipped her hand back towards the boy. 'What time is it now?' She asked, not really looking for an answer as she turned to read the clock.

7:23am

'I'm sorry, I'm just freaking out here. You know idols like us can't be seen together, and I can't even imagine what my members are going to say.'

Kai shook his head lightly, even managing a tiny smile.

'It's okay...I would freak out too. But it's okay, I took care of it. My roommate is Sehun and he's staying in Luhan and Xiumin's room. I'm pretty sure that everyone was drunk and tipsy more or less so you can probably sneak to your room before they wake up.'

Minzy released a heavy sigh.

'Thank god. But that doesn't help my headache.'

'That's why I made you tea.' Kai placed the warm cup in Minzy's hands.

'Thank you.' She smiled, blowing on the tea lightly before taking a sip. To her surprise, it was just the right temperature for her to gulp right down.

'Cute.' She chuckled to herself upon seeing Kai's happy face when she started drinking the tea. 'I feel better already.'

'This is my first time making tea for someone. Lucky the hotel had some free tea bags for me to use.' Kai scratched the back of his neck shyly.

'Uh....so what did we do last night...?’ Minzy asked, taking a seat on the floor next to Kai.

'You were so drunk so I told you to sleep and come here. It's...what a boyfriend would do right?' Kai mumbled the last part. The word boyfriend sounded rather foreign to him.

Minzy did a double take at his comment.

'B-Boyfriend??' She widened her eyes slightly, and suddenly more brief memories from the night before popped into her head.

That’s right. He asked me out last night. She thought.

‘Do you want me to get you something to eat?’ Kai asked, trying to ease the mood a little.

‘I’m okay, I’ll just have this tea and get to my room. So how much did you drink last night huh?’ She grinned.

‘Enough to remember everything that went on last night. A lot of Exo members were singing karaoke like as If they were in a noraebang, and most of us danced along or cheered. Baekhyun hyung was probably the most drunk alongside Seungri sunbaenim. Oh and I think Chanyeol hyung successfully scored Dara sunabaenim’s number, which is pretty late considering they’re in the same group.’

‘Wow….a lot happened. I wish I hasn’t drunk that much.’ Minzy pouted lightly.

‘It was Luhan hyung’s fault….’ Kai insisted. ‘He didn’t take care of you properly.’

‘Oppa always takes care of me, what are you talking about Kai?’ Minzy playfully slapped his arm.

‘Sometimes…you make me a little jealous because you have such a close relationship with him. I know it wasn’t my business before but…since we’re dating now..I can say something right?’ Kai blushed upon mentioning the topic of dating again.

‘Mmm…’ Minzy also blushed and nodded, her hands fumbling nervously in her lap as she kept her gaze on the ground. Kai slowly leaned closer and gently placed his hand on her shoulder, making her look in his direction.

‘Thank you for saying yes.’ Kai smiled, before tilting his head and leaning in closer, landing a soft kiss on her lips. It was a sweet, innocent kiss that made both of their hearts skip a beat, and their stomachs feeling fuzzy. Kai pulled back after a few seconds and exchanged a sweet smile with Minzy, their cheeks both tinted pink.

‘Maybe you should clean up your face….’ Kai blurted, to which Minzy widened her eyes and rushed her way to the bathroom.

‘You didn’t tell me it was smudging! I’m gonna kill you!’ She yelled, to which Kai only chuckled. Minzy really was just too cute for him.

---

‘PLEASE! I did NOT drink that much guys.’ CL protested to GD’s comment, her hand raised up at him.

‘Oh yeah! Then explain to me why you don’t remember this picture!!’ He grinned evilly while pointing to Seungri’s phone.

‘This is daebak seriously….’ Daesung and Dara commented, staring at the picture in shock.

‘We all saw it Chaerin-ah. You were all over in Kris’ business. ‘ Bom cooed, high fiving TOP and Seungri. CL covered her face with both of her hands in embarrassment.

‘Who would imagine our strong, charismatic gizibe would be seen lying in the lap of EXO-M’s leader?’ GD laughed, clearly enjoying CL’s reaction. At the YG cafeteria(that was closed off to outsiders for the day), the YG family members came back from their little after party and enjoyed some breakfast or rather, hangover breakfast. Everybody was in a sour mood, most having headaches or in general just feeling tired. This happened for about 20 minutes, until Seungri successfully caused almost everyone to hype up by showing them the scandalous picture he took at the after party.

On the other end of the table, Minzy was calming eating her breakfast, only half listening to the rather lively commotion. It was her, Taeyang and Se7en who were the only ones not that interested in the topic of CL and Kris. Taeyang had his elbow propped on the table, hand resting on his forehead as he tried to overcome his headache while Se7en was happily drinking his coffee and talking with Minzy.

‘So little maknae…where did you run off to last night?’ He spoke quietly, not that he needed to anyway, given 80% of the sound in the cafeteria was coming from the other end of the table.

‘I went to visit other people’s rooms of course.’ Minzy spoke casually, chomping on her omelet.

‘Oh yeah, where’d you sleep last night? When I left your room last night, only Bom and Dara were there. And Chaerin probably slept in GD’s room.’

‘Oh…uhhhhh…..’ She stuttered. Think Minzy. Think!

‘Luna unnie’s room…you know, F(x)’s room?’ THANKYOU Luna unnie. She said in her head.

‘Ah okay then that’s all good. I was wondering If maybe you were being a naughty girl and sneaking off to SM boy’s rooms.’ Se7en poked her cheek.

‘Yah don’t tease me.’ She whined. ‘What SM boy’s room would I go to anyway?’

‘I don’t know….Taemin-ssi?’ Se7en tilted his head in wonder.

Minzy instantly choked on her breakfast and spat out the part she was eating, grabbing her glass of orange juice and gulping it down.

‘Yah what’s wrong, I was only kidding!’ Se7en pat her back gently. ‘Or were you really there?’ He said, suddenly raising his eyebrows and throwing her a suggestive smile.

‘Of course not, Oppa! Don’t joke around with stuff like that and surprise me when I’m eating!’ Minzy hit his arm harshly.

‘Are you good friends with Taemin-ssi?’ He asked nonchalantly, but it made Minzy tense up a little.

‘Why are you asking all of a sudden?’ She questioned, sort of regretting not just answering it since Se7en looked at her suspiciously.

‘Bom told me you have each other’s numbers and you’ve met up before.’ He stuck out his tongue. Minzy inwardly groaned before cursing Bom in her head. That nosy girl.

‘Okay fine.’ She shrugged in defeat. ‘He’s a close friend of mine.’ She answered, feeling a little unsatisfied with the word ‘close’. But he was, and nothing more. Minzy frowned at this. Weird.

‘Well whatever. I’ll let you have your secrets maknae.’ Se7en waved his index finger around before continuing to eat. Minzy sighed to herself, feeling a little confused but the vibration of her phone caught her attention and she tapped at her notifications, noticing a text came. Thinking it was probably Luhan, she clicked into her messages, only to see the name ‘Kai’ pop up.

 

How’s the rest of your morning? ^__^ Everyone but me, Sehun and Luhan are currently enjoying some hangover soup that Kyungsoo made.

 

Minzy giggled before replying with a quick update on what the YG family were doing. She clicked into her photos and swiped past the photos she took the night before. She had taken a whole group photo with her dancing group, and then individual pair selcas with each member. She smiled at the one of her and Kai, since she took it when he wasn’t ready for the photo, causing him to look unusually funny. She swiped to the next photo, a photo of her and Taemin and they were both doing the peace sign together. She smiled at this photo as well, then suddenly frowned and pressed the home button. She glanced over at her label mates briefly. Everyone but Taeyang were seemingly still teasing CL about some scandal nonsense and Taeyang looked like he was falling asleep. Taking this chance, Minzy subtly got out of her chair and made her way outside the cafeteria room, immediately dialing a number and holding the phone to her ear.

After a few rings, the person she wanted to speak to picked up.

‘Hello?’

‘I need to talk to you. Can you meet up with me sometime today?’

 

----

 

A/N: you guys are probably angry at me right now.... Mianhae >< It's been over 2 weeks since an update and I was hoping to give you one within a week! At least this chapter is a tad longer than the rest...heh. *gets slapped*

You get a little more insight on Krystal and Taemin's side. Do you wonder how long she had been in love with Taemin? And now we got a problem! Minzy seems to still be confused. But then why did she accept Kai's confession when she still didn't know what she really felt?

Thanks to the newest subscribers!

 

 And newest upvoters ! ^^

There's no thankyou section this time, sorry guys >< And I haven't had time to respond to some comemnts but just know I am really gratefulfor your support of this story and I hope you still get excited reading it...Seriously If you haven't lately, my deepest apologies...maybe I shouldn't continue this story for too long Id people lose interest ^^' for now, hope you enjoyed this chaper ! xx