Forgive

Your Dance is Addictive

A/N: I had a REALLY hard time writing this. It's actually not the way I wanted it to turn out but I know if I kept going on like this, you guys would be dead before you could read the update. BEFORE YOU SMASH THE COMMENTS SECTION ABOUT HOW I'VE BEEN MIA FOR 4 MONTHS I HOPE YOU AT LEAST ENJOY READING THE CHAPTER.

----

 

Never in his life had Taemin ever felt this awkward around anyone. Not even all the times he had to pretend to be friendly with other idols when he met them for the first time could compare. This feeling of awkwardness...it was hard to describe.

 

He sat opposite Minzy, the dining table acting as a wall between them. He wondered...what was going through her mind?

 

He simply watched her as the silence that had been going on for the past 15 minutes continued.

 

She looked down at her fists that were clenched tightly, eyes blinking so quickly, that Taemin couldn't keep count how many times she blinked per minute. He knew she was aware that he had been staring at her ever since they both sat down. He hoped she would finally give in and look back at him, though it didn't seem like it was going to happen anytime soon. He knew If he didn't start talking soon, they'd both just be sitting in the exact same position until one of the 2NE1 members came back.

 

Taemin wasn't exactly free himself. Infact, he cancelled a photoshoot just to make time to come over here. His manager obviously went bat crazy at such short notice.

 

Damn, he'd better make this worth it then.

 

He was already in a bunch of with his  SHINee members aswell. They'd been wondering what had been making him so distracted and distant from the group. The only person who he had really updated his situation with was Minho. He could be trusted, since he wasn't a blabber mouth. Taemin knew he just had to get over this one hurdle, and then he could finally fix up this mix he had gotten himself into.

 

 

 

'Minzy....' He started, taking the time to notice her tense up slightly when she heard him speak. He had to do it though. He had to apologise, ask for forgiveness and then hear Minzy's honest feelings about him.

 

 

 

He was ready for the rejection.

 

 

'Minzy....I'm sorry-'

 

 

'TAEMIN, PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!' Minzy cried, her plea unintentionally interrupting his apology. She looked up at him with such sad eyes, yet he could only stare back at her with a shocked expression.

 

 

What did she just say?

 

 

'You....I...' Taemin frowned, finding it hard to get the rights words out. 'Minzy...why would I hate you for?'

 

 

'Huh?' Minzy reflected his shocked expression this time. 'Well....because...' She left his gaze, returning to the fidgeting of her fingers.

 

 

'...Can we stop this?'

 

 

Taemin's voice came calm and relaxed.

 

 

'I mean stop this ridiculous guilt train. I think you and I both know how sorry we are to each other...we're going to keep blaming ourselves but that just shows how at fault we both are for the things that have happened lately. For one thing, I have no reason to hate you. At all. Why would you think that?'

 

Minzy relaxed a little and opened to answer him but Taemin went on.

 

 

'I pushed myself onto you. I teased you about Jongin and then I kissed you.'

 

 

'I became his girlfriend before sorting things out with you.' Minzy sighed.

 

 

The two shared a tiny laugh, somewhat funny and sad. Taemin was right though, they just HAD to move on. Who knows how long they'd be apologising to each other for.

 

Minzy smiled sadly at him. 'I'm sorry Kai is so immature about this though...well you know I guess.'

 

 

'No more apologising.' Taemin reminded. 'And that's not something YOU should have to apologise for anyway. Jongin is responsible for his own actions.' He grinned, trying to ease the mood some more.

 

'You're right...he is.' Minzy nodded with him, smiling. 'I know we got into this relationship a little too fast, but Taemin I...' Minzy bit her lip. 'I really did fall for him hard. Unintentionally, while I was still confused about you.'

 

'That.' Taemin pointed his finger at her, making the girl tilt her head in confusion. 'Tell me more about that.'

 

'What?' She widened her eyes slightly.

 

'I want to know once and for all....did you ever like me back? Did you ever share the same feelings for me? Or were you only confused because I kissed you and that...I'm similar to Jongin?' Taemin asked, with sad eyes. 'Just be completely honest with me. I...I didn't come here today to try and talk you out of your relationship but I thought I at least...deserved to know a few things.'

 

'No no, you're completely right.' Minzy agreed, nodding her head again. She let go of a deep breath she didn't know she was holding. 'I'm not sure where to start.' She sighed.

 

'Anywhere you want.' Taemin reassured her, reaching over the table to hold her hand. Minzy found comfort in this and she sighed again before she spoke.

 

'It's not like I didn't have feelings for you at all. I'll admit though, before you kissed me, I thought we had an understanding of close friends...' She lightly laughed. 'So of course I was surprised at you suddenly confessing that you like me right after we starting talking about Kai. I guess I was shocked and well...with the kiss and all..' She used her other hand to lightly brush her lips. 'As you know it was my first.'

 

'I didn't know...' Taemin scratched the back of his head.

 

 

'And that's okay.' Minzy shook her head. 'I...I kissed you back didn't I? After that..I started thinking differently about you and what you are to me. For a little while Taemin...I know I really did like you, whether you believe me or not. But then soon after I realised.....'

 

'That you were more in love with Jongin, than me.' Taemin finished for her, letting go of her hand. 'I knew already..I knew. I just had to hear it from you yourself, or I would've went on teasing you because of my own uncertainty.' Taemin closed his eyes for a moment. 'I know I hurt you Minzy...and I more or less approve of you dating Jongin. But If he weren't such an arrogant about it, the situation wouldn't have become this bad.' He rolled his eyes tiredly, making Minji finally break into a real fit of laughter.

 

'He's adorable.' She grinned. 'He's like a little boy.'

 

'You're right.' Taemin smirked. 'He's scared I'm gonna take his toy away from him. Well, not that you're a toy but you know what I mean.' He scratched his neck and looked at her apologetically.

 

'Why don't...why don't we make a deal?' Minzy suddenly suggested.

 

'A deal?'

 

'Yeah. I won't let Kai do whatever he wants. You two making up as best friends is more important than my relationship with him..so let me talk to Kai, okay? I know he'll listen.'

 

'I guess so...we nearly fought again. I wouldn't wanna put up with that again.' Taemin touched his collar, and Minzy realised Kai must've gone ballistic at his hyung again. She got up from her chair and walked over to Taemin's side, the latter watching her confused.

 

'Hey come on, stand up.' She pat his shoulder lightly.

 

'What for?' Taemin questioned, but stood up nonetheless. He was slightly shocked when Minzy reached out her arms and hugged him.

 

'What's this for?' He asked, after he decided it was okay to hug her back.

 

'A thankyou.' She replied after a while. 'Since I can't apologise anymore. It feels nice.'

 

'Yeah...it does.' Taemin confessed, but he kept himself from hugging her tighter. He had this feeling If he hugged her any tighter, Jongin would be able to sense it and teleport here to tear his face off. It made him shiver, just thinking about it. He was glad for the most part. At long last he was able to clear up things with Minzy and avoid any further trouble.

 

There was one more secret Taemin kept to himself though.

 

 

He still had feelings for Minzy, even though the girl thought he had moved on already.

 

 

He hadn't, not yet.

 

 

 

But that would take some time.

 

 

 

'Hey, uou know what would be fun?' Minzy suddenly had a mischievous grin spread across her face. 'We should call him right now. A video call.'

 

'You're kidding right?' Taemin gasped, after they let go of each other. 'He'll murder me. I'm gonna be on the news tomorrow and Jongin will get arrested.' He paled while Minzy just giggled at his exaggeration.

 

-----------

A/N: So I have a few questions. After reading this chapter, most of you will probably gather that the story is indeed ending soon. The thing is, I at ending stories. If you guys have read my 'She's Got Me Twisted' short, you would understand that I don't know how to wrap up a story well. The bigger problem is that because this is the very first story I started, I'm even more unhappy and at a loss for its ending o__o inspiration gods, please save my soul.

 

I shall see you guys soon enough by the way. Thankyou for staying and waiting.

 

-Kiseki