009

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 9

‘It’s time to go’ Kyungsoo yells to Sooyeon who was standing with Kai. She looks at him with an apologetic look.

‘That’s my call. Thank you again for saving my ’ she flashes him a smile.

He nods as a response. ‘Go, before big eyes over there forcefully drags you away’ He jokes.

She laughs along and waves before running to D.O.

‘What was that about’ He asks her. Sooyeon turned to him, before holding her index finger above her lips. ‘Secret’ she chuckles childishly while he shakes his head at her before checking his watch.

 ‘Hey, I need to drop by the office first, wait here alright’ He smiled before jogging off. ‘Behave okay?’ She could hear his voice echoing as they got further.

‘Yeah yeah, I’m not a dog’ she mumbled to herself but she still had a grin plastered on her face. She brought out her phone and started playing some games so had until her ears started to twitch and her nose picked up a different sense of smell. She looked up to see D.O hasn’t come out yet.

‘Something’s not right…’ She creased her eyebrows and finally her eyes caught on. She was surrounded by the men, no longer in white. They were dressed in suits that made them less suspicious but nevertheless they could still be easily spotted in a crowd of people.

She could see the men, gradually squeezing through the crowd, closing the distance between them.

How many where there?

There was probably at least 6.

She quickly glided her fingers over the screen, punching in some letters from the keyboard before hitting the ‘send’ button, all while ignoring the men approaching. Most people would have freaked out, called for help or would have made a run for it. But there Sooyeon was, texting when the men were only a few feet away.

‘Looks like Dr. Kim learnt his lesson hey?’ She chuckled, but as her laugh faded off, a new glint was replaced in her eyes. She had to restrict herself, no causing a scene in public. It was way too obvious if a petty girl like her broke into a gang fight with 6 other men, in front of a customer-filled business.

The usual carefree Sooyeon just laughed.

‘Guess I just have to reply on my feet again’ she thought as she started running through gaps.

 

###

 

It had been exactly 5hrs, 19mins and counting since Kyungsoo had received the message. He sat on the couch, fidgeting with the phone in his finger, praying his phone will ring, letting him hear her say that she’s okay. He sat watching the clock click, thinking that she’ll burst through the door any minute now.

‘Don’t come out, until you see me run’. – Soo

He had been in the office and was just about to leave until he felt a vibration in his left pocket.

What was that supposed to mean?

What’s happening?

Was she in danger?

He was worried sick, but there was not much he could have done, but just hope Sooyeon arrives home safely.

‘I trust you, be safe.’ - Kyungie

 He had told himself that she could take care of herself perfectly fine and be back before dinner. Her favourite time of the day.

Dinner was 3 hours ago.

But she still wasn’t back.

He groaned. He hadn’t eaten either because he forced himself to believe that she’ll come home so that they can eat together like all the other times.

‘Where are you Sooyeon’ He sighed desperately.

It was like god had heard his pleads and prayers. Because there was an incoming call.

From Sooyeon.

His eyes widen of relief, 2x bigger than usual as he picked up the phone, faster than light.

‘SOOYEON, WHERE ARE YOU?! ARE YOU HURT? WHAT’S HAPPENING’ He managed to yell through the phone while pacing around the living room, eyes closed. One hand with the phone to his ear and the other fidgeting with the hem of his shirt,

He could hear her sweet quiet chuckle.

How could she be laughing in this situation?

How could anyone be laughing.

‘You said you trusted me, but here you are acting like I’m going to die’ her voice was calm. There was a pause before she continued.

‘Do you trust me?’ He was taken off guard by her sudden question. ‘Huh?’

‘Yes or No Kyungsoo’

‘Yes’ He finally breathed. ‘But-‘

‘Good, there’s nothing to worry about then. Don’t worry, I’ll be back. But for now, I’ll miss you. Take care’ she cut him off. It was the last thing he heard before the other line went dead.

'I'll miss you' The words rang through his head and for a moment, he felt his heartbeat quicken but he blamed it on the current situation that he was in. He wanted to tell her he was worried, that he wanted her to just come back. To tell her to take care and be safe.

But for now, he was relieved she was okay. He was relieved she had at least called. And her small talk seemed to lift a lot of weight off his shoulders.

But he couldn’t help but be worried.

He couldn’t just ignore someone he cared about.

He ruffled his hair and yelled in frustration. He walked to the bedroom and plopped himself on the bed reluctantly.

‘You better come home safely Sooyeon.’ He whispered looking at the framed picture of the two Sooyeon had put besides the bed table.

‘Because I don’t know what’ll do if something happens to you’ He whispered truthfully before closing his eyes, hoping to get some sleep.

If anything, he knew that he trusted her.

He trusted her with his life.

 

###


Authors Note: Dun Dun Duuuuuuunnnnn~ Cliff hanger yo. 

Quick update for ya'll and i would also like to say that the next 2 months are going to be stressful for me

with all the important exams and such going on and that's being planned.

Becos teachers luvvv to cramp tests together and who can forget useless assignments! Woohoo~

I am prepared to go insane guys.

tumblr_n4pbfhf72S1s4wy7vo1_250.gif

Much fun. Excited Very. At least adorable D.O is having fun.

But i'll try to sneak in a few updates here and there so please don't leave me :( 3 

Have a nice day! xo