015

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 15

D.O sits waiting impatiently, nervously fidgeting around while waiting for Sooyeon. She was still changing as they were going to go out to one of the open fields where it was perfect to star glaze and camp out for the night. That sounded delightful to her as she immediately jumped up and went to change.

Kyungsoo chuckled at her childish behaviour but who blames her?

She hasn’t been out for 14 years old her life after all.

‘Sooyeon!’ He called a couple of times, before hearing her response and light foot-steeps rushing out excitedly.

‘Ready Mr.Impatient!’ She laughed, before grabbing his hand and pulling him out to the car. To be very honest, Kyungsoo enjoyed her lively personality and liked her because she was free-minded and did literally whatever she wanted. He had also notice that she tends to become touchy when comfortable but he wasn’t complaining.

It was something he had gotten use to for a while now. And surprisingly he didn’t mind.

Smiling, he plopped himself in the car, as he waited for Sooyeon to do the same.

‘Got everything?’ He questioned. She exaggeratedly nodded a few times like a 5 year old and he shook his head.

“Seatbelt then’ He told her, putting his own on. She swiftly pulled the belt across and faced Kyungsoo who seemed to be struggling with his own, claiming it was ‘jammed’.

She unfastened hers and leaned over to reach for the seat belt easily pulling it over D.O’s body and securing it with a click. In the process of that, poor Kyungsoo had a million of things running through his mind. Not to mention her lovely fragrance that didn’t help. He couldn’t think straight, so he sat frozen until she was done.

‘Yah, are we gonna go or just sit in the car for hours?’ She smirked.

He coughed out of embarrassment.

Shouldn’t it be the other way around? Him putting her seatbelt on like in those cliché dramas?

Immediately regaining his posture, he hummed a slight ‘right’ before turning the engines on.

He heard her laugh on his left.

‘Wake me up when we get there alright?’ She told him.

He nodded. ‘Didn’t you get enough sleep already? It wasn’t even a minute and yet Sooyeon the 19 year old child was literally knocked out sleeping.

He sighed and playfully shook his head.

‘Silly girl’ He mumbled quietly, now focusing on the road.

Although his eyes are on the road, his mind is somewhere else. No matter how haArd he tries to avoid it, he still has a choice to make,

And it’s getting harder and harder every minute he spends with her.

 

###

 

‘Sooyeon, wake up’ He lightly shakes her. Nearly an hour pasted since they have started the road trip and they had finally arrived.

However, Sooyeon didn’t budge. He sighed, knowing she was a heavy sleeper who could of gotten kidnapped without even knowing it. Or maybe sleep through a war. It was Sooyeon and she never fails to amuse Kyungsoo

Ever since day 1.

With no choice, the only logically thing he thought of was honking the car horns a couple of time, and successfully, Sooyeon grumpily got up. She sat up, rubbing her eyes gently and immediately the first thing she looked for was Kyungsoo.

He smiled at her. ‘We’re here’ Before getting out of the car only to appear  on her side, opening the door for her.

‘When did you become such a gentlemen?’ She laughed getting out and doing a curtsey, playing along with his sudden gentlemen act.

‘Please, I am always like this’ He claimed defensively.

‘Tsk, spare me your lies’ She rolled her eyes, before running off into the grassy fields with nothing but trees and the refreshing air and bright blue skies.

Sooyeon claimed that this day couldn’t get any better.

Kyungsoo smiled too.

He had gotten the tent set up right in the middle where he thought it would be the perfect place to star glaze at night.

Extremely overwhelmed by the new environment around her, she couldn’t stay still for more than 4 minutes. (Kyungsoo counted)

He was happy, because she was happy.

But that was a lie. He wasn’t happy. The guilt slowly eating him alive made it extremely hard to be ‘happy.

‘It’s the right thing’ He mumbled to himself, watching Sooyeon twirl around in the distance. Then finally clicking the send button.

Sooyeon ran back flashing him one of the prettiest smiles he had ever seen. She sure knew how to make him feel like an absolute . And she did it without even knowing it.

They sat in one of those foldable chairs. Well D.O did, Sooyeon insisted on sitting on the dirt filled ground and he just let her be.

There was no point convincing her otherwise anyways.

The two talked. What about exactly?

Anything and everything.

Sooyeon talked about her life from the moment she was born and to this very moment where she was sitting next to Kyungsoo.

But what threw D.O off most was what she said.

‘Although everything that happened, all up to now, I can say that being with you…. I guess I am truly happy’ She said looking up at the cloudy skies.

He couldn’t help but feel a pang in his heart. As he saw a black van slowly making its way towards them.

What he really doing the right thing?

Sooyeon raised an eyebrow and looked at Kyungsoo confused.

‘I thought you said not much people come here?’ She as continue to cautiously observe the van.

3 men stepped out and then a familiar  man dressed in a white lab coat. Instinctively, she grabbed onto D.O who wore a frown, and gritted her teeth. Her nails digging into the palms of her hands.

She knew exactly who it was.

But what he did next, caught her off guard.

Do Kyungsoo stood up, and grabbed her hand, leading her towards them. So many things running through her head as she tried to understand what he was doing. Fear paralyzed her body as they got closer and closer. She was helpless, and couldn't do anything but plead.

‘Kyungsoo! ARE YOU CRAZY’ She shrieked.

‘Kyungsoo… Please let go!’ Pleading, she was helpless. One of her weakness was fear. And fears stopped her from saving herself.

She continued struggling and finally he turned to face her. She looked right into his eyes.

‘Do Kyungsoo… Please… Don’t do this’ He could see the tears in her eyes as she shakily begged him.

‘I’m sorry…’ That was all he could say, as she continued to drag her.

Why.

Why was he doing this? She thought they were on good terms. That they were conformable with each other and most of all happy.

She looked up to see that one of the men was tightly holding on to the girl that see had seen before, a girl that strongly resembled the girl in the pictures but she could see that she had matured.

She knew that girl.

Hyeri.

Now she gets it. It all fits.

Before she could say anything, she’s pushed and tossed into the hands of one of the men , Kyungsoo not daring to look her in the eye anymore as he quietly grabs his girlfriend and leaves.

‘KYUNGSOO YOU BASTARD! I TRUSTED YOU.’ She yelled violently before being tossed in the van and driven away.

What about everything that happened?

What about the moments they shared?

He basically stole her first kiss.

Did it all mean nothing to him?

Her mind was all over the place and she could no longer stop the tears that were flowing out endless.

The next thing she could remember was a painful stab against her flesh and everything went black.

D.O walked away, reminding himself, trying to make himself believe that it was the right choice and that he would finally be truly happy. With his heavy heart and back turned, he didn’t dare look back.

Because he was afraid that if he did,

the guilt would have killed him, right then and there.


Author's Note: Hey! I'm currently in Vietnam and it's the hottest season rn (Literally burning) and I've finally got interent! (-: THANK THE LORD I WAS GOING TO DIE.

Anyways, remember when i promised that i'd write on the plan, well i did!  BUT, only like 2 chapters before my ty laptop died on me and how on earth am i suppose to charge it.

So yeah, that's my story/excuse/whatever. Soz but i hope y'all forgive me hehehehehe!

Have a nice week everyone (: && thanks for reading :D