018

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 18

She opened her eyes, only to be greeted to a blinding light that was all too familiar.

Right, she was back at the lab where she was going to relive her biggest fears all over again.

She used her left hand to shield her eyes, and decided to let herself ‘regain her senses’ when really she just needed a moment to breath, to think. She needed to know what happened, why it happened. Why he did this to her.

With her head heavy and she can barely lift herself up; she uses the last of her energy to sit up right, still having her mind everywhere, she has not one clue on what to do. Leaning on her left arm, she moves her right hand towards her aching head, only to realise that it’s been chained up as she groaned. At least her left hand is still free and so are her 2 legs.

The chances were close to 0, but Sooyeon was at least going to try and get out. Again. Just as she was about to take a step off the bed, in hopes to be able to find something to get rid of the irritating chain on her arm, she stopped hearing the other side of the door. Murmurs of people talking could be heard, which caused her to panic. She quickly, as fast as she could jumped back on the bed and closed her eyes again, mentally telling herself to stay calm and keep quiet.

But she wanted to scream, shout and cry. She wanted to see Kyungsoo, she wanted to hug him and punch him in the face all at the same time. She wanted to get out, as far away from these maniacs as she could. How could she possibly stay calm? But it wasn’t a choice.

‘She’s still out…..strange she should have woken up by now.’ She could hear their conversation.

‘Sooyeon.’ His voice was firm and close-by. ‘Stop pretending’ Dr.Kim’s voice caused her to shiver and reluctantly she opened her eyes and starred at him with hatred. He smiled back at Sooyeon, but it was one that scared her most.

Naturally, she did all she could, managing to knock him across the right cheek using her free hand which caused the other guards to run in alarmed. She resisted, with all her might but she felt like it was drained out of her. Using only 1 hand and her legs left her at a disadvantage. But that didn’t stop her from trying even harder. Throwing randomly punches and kicks everywhere, she managed to hit a few people before she was held down by force and no longer able to get out of the several men’s grips. She struggled and gritted her teeth as Mr. Kim leaned down to her ear, whispering cold, dark words that caused her to widen her eyes and fear to consume her body.

‘Welcome back my little angel. We have a lot of catching up to do’

Let the torture begin.

 

###

1 and ½ years later.

Kyungsoo stared at one of the photos he had found on his phone. A picture of the two, He was calmly looking at the camera while Sooyeon is grinning so wide that it seemed like was going to tear any moment. It was also the smile he adores yet missed. A smile that could probably create world peace he used to tease.

He walked around outside, dressed in black and blue, a shiny gold badge sat on the right hand side of his chest and lastly a black gun attached to his belt. He sighed but then quickly shoved his phone in his pocket when he heard a security alarm of a shop nearby go off.

‘Probably a robbery’ He thought to himself as he approached the scene only to see the culprit running off, successfully with a bag full of stolen jewellery Running in the same direction, he managed to grab on the figure and tackle the person towards the ground. He had noticed that the culprit had a particularly small body frame and that’s when he realised it was a girl. She was on the ground, glaring back at him, and waiting for him to arrest her. But he didn’t. Instead he was speechless, and doubted himself as he started to loosen his grip slowly.

She was extremely confused, but nevertheless took advantage of the cop who seemed to be spacing out and kicked him off herself and easily slipped out. He heard his fellow cop on patrol shout his name a couple of times and stopped to check if he was alright.

‘Are you ok?! What happened’ the man in similar uniform asked him. He sat there on the pavement. Just staring into nothing.

‘Sooyeon……………....’ He managed to say her name.

‘Sooyeon?! Who's that? .................Did you hit your head? Come on, we got to go back and get you checked out hey’ He helped Kyungsoo up, grabbing his right arm for support, leading him back to the car.

1 and ½ years had gone passed. 1 and ½ years of not knowing where Sooyeon is or how she’s doing. But one things for sure -

He knows she’s escaped. Yet again.

Flashback:
Kyungsoo sat on the floor of his living room, going through the plans he had been perfecting for weeks now. He had finally gotten everything straight and was determined to rescue Sooyeon.

How ironic, that he was the one who gave her away yet his trying so hard to save her.

Waiting until it was slightly pasted 1, he took his backpack, with all the essential he claimed he needed. (Mainly just a gun he had owned for a while now and other nick nacks.) He entered his car and the engine, chucking his bag in the back seat, he typed in the address that he hoped will eventually lead him somewhere useful and set off into the deserted road.

Finally arriving at wherever he was, he carefully hid his car on the side of the building. He observed his surroundings. It was literally in the middle of nowhere. Just covered in trees. But what puzzled him the most was why make it so obvious. It was literally a large building, built right in the middle of some trees, no one could miss it.

Literally. You could NOT miss it. (Unless you were blind or something)

He approached the building, being extra cautious, but while leaning against, he heard a window smashing near him, and before he knew it, alarms where flashing and ringing in his ears. Not knowing what to do, he instinctively ran towards the sound of the crash, where he saw a figure hiding.

Who else could it be? He was about to run towards her, but then he knew he couldn’t.

Because of what he did to her and because this time –

She wasn’t alone.

End of Flashback:

Ever since then, he just wasn’t the same. As if a part of him was also missing. The part of him that Sooyeon managed to take with her without even knowing it.

His heart.

Do Kyungsoo had temporarily left the business life, however it didn’t mean he quit his position. D.O is 100% still the boss, but for the meantime, he let Chanyeol one of his closest friends manage it, which he wasn’t too happy about at first but eventually gave in as his friend wasn’t that bad once he got use to it.

To keep himself extra busy to momentarily get rid of the emptiness, he unexpectedly found himself signing up for the police force, where he was trained harshly for 6 months (which successfully kept him extremely busy) and now for the last year, Kyungsoo was no longer sitting in his office filling paper works, but he ran around Seoul, keeping the people safe and solving cases.

This was how Do Kyungsoo was.

But all that didn’t matter to him. He knew he saw Sooyeon. The same Jeong Sooyeon he had spent his happiest moments with. His life wasn’t even important anymore. Because all he wanted to know was how she was.


Author's Note: Did all that make sense? I kinda think I'm cramping alot in one so oops..... But yeah, basically 1 and 1/2 years later, Kyungsoo works as a cop for da lols but his still boss of the company that Chanyeeol is minding for him. And Sooyeon escaped. That pretty much sums it up (: 

Have a nice day, and thanks for reading! xo

tumblr_mnnac0qRKc1rxqef7o1_500.gif