022

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 22

Reluctantly, Kyungsoo got out of bed this morning only to spend another day back at work. He walked in the building to be greeted by many, as he too returned polite thanks at their warm welcome, and quietly approached his small room, with his name placed on a metal bar in the middle of the door. It was a decent room, with a couch on the side, a desk in the middle and a few bookshelves and cabinets taking up the rest of the room. Kyungsoo decided to make himself extra busy to avoid what had happened a few days ago. But it didn’t work. Even while he was mindlessly filling out reports, his mind kept thinking about every possibility, and he couldn’t help but think that it was his fault that she was like this. What if it never happened and they were still the happy again. He sighed deeply and let out a frustrated groan when he heard someone call his name right after.

‘D.O’ He whipped his head up, slightly unintentionally glaring at the figure who smirked back at him.

‘Lucky you, boss gave you a case on the first day back too’ He laughed, chucking the yellow file towards Kyungsoo’s desk. He rolled his eyes at his close colleague and grabbed the file, opening it up before reading the scarce info written inside.

‘How am I supposed to do anything with this type of information?’ He creased his eyebrows. ‘It doesn’t even have his name for god’s sake! What am I going to do with just a ty security footage of him walking out from who knows where argh!’ He continued ranting as his friend took a seat on the couch.

‘That’s why I said lucky you’ He remarked, taunting the poor male stuck with the case.

‘Jaebum’ He glared.

‘Kyungsoo’ The boy innocently smiled back.

‘Don’t you have something better to do than annoy me’ He dug his face into his 2 palms.

‘What’s better than annoying my favourite officer’ He heard the cheerful boy tease and just as he opened his mouth to reply, JB had beaten him to it.

‘So……why’d you let the thief go the other day’ He suddenly brought it.

‘W-what’ Kyungsoo was caught off guard.

‘I’m pretty sure it was a girl, and I saw her push you off as if you weighed like a feather or something. And you my dear friend are not that light.’ He smirked.

D.O just glared at his closest friend in the building. ‘I wasn’t …. Feeling myself’ And luckily JB also shrugged it off. ‘You better feel yourself next time then’

‘Get out.’

‘You started it. Ok, Ok! See you later Kyungsoo-ah!’ He hollered as he walked down the echoed hallways, when D.O got up and practically dragged/pushed him out. D.O shook his head and closed the door.

He made his way back into his comfortable office chair. And leaned back, eyeing the file that sat across him.

‘Useless.’ He mumbled. But nevertheless picked up the file again.

‘Black hair, brown eyes? Around 20?’ Do they not know how many people have black hair and brown eyes? It might as well be me.’ He shifted his attention to the ticking clock.

5:41PM

‘Already? ‘He questioned, but then pulled out his draw, only to grab his phone and punch in a few numbers before he placed the device next to his ear, listening to the rings of the other line.

‘Hello?’

‘It’s Kyungsoo’

‘I know, I can tell from the caller ID genius’

He let out a frustrated huff.

‘Just listen, let’s go out for a drink tonight. I need a break.’

There was a slight pause before he answered. ‘Alright, I’m in.’

‘Oh and Kai, bring the others too’. D.O smiled before hanging up.

It has been awhile since they last went out as a group.

 

###

 

As the overwhelming music devoured them, the group had just finished waiting for Chanyeol (who was late as always) and made their way inside what Kai claimed to be ‘the best club in town’.

‘Man it’s been so long since we did this!’ Baekhyun yelled, trying to overpowering the booming music.

The rest happily agreed and were so ready for a night of chaos like high school times, when there was no responsibility and just fun and games.

‘Heaviest drink’ Kyungsoo ordered for himself. It hadn’t been long since they arrived but the other guys were already on probably their 4th drink and bouncing around uncontrollably.  Slightly intoxicated D.O let himself go for the night and also joined his pack, in the middle, mindless dancing and momentarily escaping from the world but in particular.

His thoughts of Her.

What was strange about the night was that the wild Kai was still sober and wasn’t as intoxicated as everyone else. He was the only one who could probably stay on his feet longer than 10 seconds without tumbling over or doing something stupid.

‘Anooother drink!’ D.O cooed loudly tapping on the counter recklessly.

‘I think you’ve had enough Kyungsoo’ Kai tried to stop him.

‘I’ll tell you once I’VE have haad enough!’ at this point he couldn’t even stand properly as he used Kai’s shoulder to support himself.

‘Come on, we’re going home.’ Jongin signalled his friends with a motion towards the door and the rest understood. Although they did drink a lot most of them had high tolerance of alcohol unlike Kyungsoo who still insisted to have more.

Sehun stood beside the road, hauling a 7 seat taxi to fit all as they were climbing in, D.O was causing a fuss. He was chucking a hissy fit, claiming that it was still too early (When it was currently 2:38AM) and unwilling to get in until Kai and Suho had to push him in.

‘This is probably the first time in my life I’ve seen D.O like this’ Chanyeol pipped up from the front.

Baekhyun laughed and joined in. ‘He’s wasted’ and to which the others snickered ignoring his little incoherent mumbles while his eyes were closed.

‘Ouch he bit me!’ Sehun, who had to sit next to him yelled angrily at the drunken friend. The rest just laughed, it was pretty amusing to see their friend like this. It was one of those ‘once in a lifetime’ moments and it was hilarious.

The car ride was nosy, and there was still a good 10 minutes before Suho’s house where they would stay for the rest of the night and for Kyungsoo’s sake, they was glad it was Friday and that he didn’t have to work because he probably wouldn’t be able to get up to work, courtesy of the massive hangover that awaits him in the morning. By the time they reached Suho’s house, D.O was knocked out and of course his good friends, excluding Sehun who grudgingly suggested they just leave him there, had to carry him inside.

He was slurring, but it wasn’t something that could be understood.

‘Man something must be up, his never like this.’ They crowded around the couch where he was sleeping.

‘So-eon.’ He mumbled with his eyes still tightly shut.

‘So- what’ Baekhyun repeated, catching what he said.

‘Sooyeon!! I miss Sooyoen. I neeed Sooyeon. I’m such an someone stab mee’ He whined before knocking out right to sleep again. The boys looked at each other and shared glances at each other.

They missed her too. But they knew it affected him most. Kai sat on the couch across the room, quietly pitying his friend before whispering to himself quiet words that were more than true.

‘He needs you Sooyeon’. 


Author's Note: Alohaa. Guess what? HBD TO ME AHAHAHA! Hooary~ ♥ Other than that fact, yes today is my brithday so here's chapter 22 LOOL I'd also like to say thank you to every single of you amazingg 45 subbies: 

 


 

 

 

 

 

                  


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
'
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I can't believe you all! :'[ It may seem really little to some people but this means so much to me lYK BRB WHILE I CRY A RIVER OMG I SRSLY LOVE YOU ALL! ♥  ♥