034

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 34

Like old times Sooyeon, Chen, Tao, Luhan, Lay, Xiumin and even Kris we’re lounging around at the hideout. Like the old times that she enjoyed. It’d been a while since they actually spent time with everyone there, usually due to their ‘hormonal’ age to which she was sure they spent the free time running around and well... the rest was explanatory.

‘Tao’ she called out not shifting her attention from the game of blackjack she was currently playing with Luhan, Lay and Xiumin.

Caught off guard, she chuckled hearing him stutter. ‘Uh y-yeah?’

‘Do me a favour and stop staring at me. I know I’m pretty and all…’ The others scoffed loudly while she smriked.

‘I just… I’m sorry you were dragged in…’ He shifted his gaze downwards. Sooyeon could only sigh as she motioned him to come over where she was sitting and obediently he followed.

In a swift motion, she lifted up her hand in front of the boy and flicked him in the head causing him to wince in pain.

‘Hey!’

‘Did you feel that?’

‘Obviously’ He growled rubbing his forehead. Sooyeon’s ‘flicks’ were more like blows to the forehead. It wasn’t fun considering her ‘abnormal’ strength ,she called it, was involved.

‘Then it means I’m doing hella fine so you can shut up now’ She gave him a sarcastic smile before petting his head.

Mumbling the boy nodded.

‘Sooyeon..’

She turned. ‘Yes Tao’ she answered as if he was a little kid, not forgetting to put down her last few cards down, ending the game. The other boys groaned, they had lost 6 times in a row.

‘You never actually umm...’

‘-he means to ask what the hell you are’ Kris butted in, grabbing a can of soda in the fridge ever so casually. The others glared at Kris to which he only shrugged in return.  They knew it was a touchy subject for her, but it was a lie to say they never wanted an answer.

‘It’s okay guys’ She gave them a reassuring grin. ‘I guess I do owe you all an explanation after everything.’

 

###

 

‘and ladies and gents that’s how you get someone so wonderful like me’ Sooyeon was a tough girl. Always was and always will be. She didn’t let her misfortunates consume her, neither did she live in depression after everything and it really did amaze everyone how she could still be so loud, so happy and on top of that brave.

She was indeed Wonderful.

Ok maybe wonderful was an overstatement but the guys still thought she was amazing.

‘Did you say that the D.O guy caught the freak?’ Lay questioned wide-eyed and to which she casually nodded.

‘That’s great! Then everything is over’ He beamed brightly that also rubbed onto her. She laughed and patted him, even if he was older.

‘I still have scars Lay, something not even you can heal…’ It was silent for a bit. ‘And I hate to say it but I’m sure there’s still people working on people like me. I’m sure of it…’

In the building she had stayed it, surely it wasn’t just them and her. It was spacious, almost like a hotel and therefore lead her to thinking.

Could there be possibly more?

Why didn’t they help, or better yet, why didn’t she ever see or hear them.

The boys watched her carefully as she silently thought and after what seemed to be a long time, they saw the edge of her lips, curl up into a grin.

‘How about… we go on an adventure?’

This couldn’t be good.

 

###

 

‘We are going to die.’ Chen concluded as he watched the building.

‘Relax you little wuss, look, all I need is confirmation that no one else is in there, if we blow up the building, bonus but I need to know, there’s no one else suffering.’ She looked up, her eyes practically begging as she whispered ‘please’.

Chen always gave into her.

‘Lead the way.’ He grumbled to which Sooyeon was super happy about.

‘I need a few outside in case something goes wrong.’ She immediately felt a glare. ‘I said incase’ Making the older male stay quiet for the time being.

‘Kris, Tao, Xiumin and Lay. You guys stay low outside while Chen, Luhan and I sneak in.’

‘And if anything goes wrong?’ Kris raised an eyebrow at her.

‘You’ll know.’ She answered vaguely and by then, she had already dragged the 2 other male along with her and it wouldn’t be long until they actually get in.

 

###

 

‘Wear these, so we blend in’ She threw them white coats that were conveniently hung up on the wall. ‘And if anything, just follow my lead’. Once the Chen and Luhan nodded she smiled and turned the knob of the door, exiting the room they had broken into.

Sooyeon, being herself, didn’t actually know what she was doing, but they didn’t need to know that. Whilst picking directions to turn in the white hallways, she accidently bumped into another ‘researcher’.

‘Dr.Jang?!’ He jumped but then calmed when he realised it wasn’t the mentioned named. He pulled himself up and dusted his coat before actually examining at who bumped into him.

‘Sooy-‘ Before he could even recognise her, she had pinned him against the colourless walls.

White walls that drove her insane.

‘I’m going to make this quick. Dr.Kim got arrested. I’m here to see if anyone else is held captive. We can do it the good or bad way. Are there anyone left’ She harshly growled. The male trembled under her grip, trying to process as fast as possible everything she had said.

‘Dr Kim’s…… been arrested?’

‘I’m not going to repeat myself’.

‘Dr.Kim’s gone.’ He stared at him while she observed his relived facial.

Was he… happy?

In the matters of seconds he had enveloped her in a hug.

‘You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting to hear that.’

‘What’ she turned to her friends who just shrugged.

‘You saved us. We’ve been here for as long as I can remember. Prisoners as well.’ She didn’t know what to say. Sooyeon had judged far too irrationally.

‘And to answer your question, there is… more of you’

Disappointment overwhelmed her. She was hoping not to hear those words.

‘Ward 254. 5 girls, since he believed that –

‘-girls can endure more pain. I know’ She bitterly cut him off.

He nodded slowly before continuing. ‘They’ve been kept there ever since Dr.Kim disappeared. Now we can all go back to living our lives, thank you!’ The 3 could hear the sincerely that flowed along with his words.

‘Can you do something for me?’ Sooyeon requested. He nodded.

‘Get every one of your staff out, unless you wanna burn in flames too, along with this building’ He immediately understood and had scurried off in the distance.

It may have sounded like a rash decisions, but it was only right if she did it. She couldn’t risk him escaping and coming back, or even the idea of someone else continuing this work. She couldn’t let it happen.

‘Chen… Luhan, can I trust you to get the rest of them out in under 15 minutes?’ She gave them a small smile as they nodded determinedly.

‘Thank you.’ She had barely whispered before walking in the other direction. ‘If you don’t make it out then I’m not responsible for your deaths’ she hollered with a smug expression.

The two laughed, shaking their heads at her causal attitude.

‘Wait….What about you?’ Chen had yelled, his voice echoing through the hallways, but by then, she had already sprinted off within a second, and had probably made it 2 levels above them.

‘She’ll be fine, let’s go. We don’t have much time’ Luhan patted his back, motioning him to go. With a small nod, the 2 proceeded throughout the hallways in search of ward 254.

Sooyeon didn’t tell them that she wasn’t actually sure whether she was able to get out safely, but in this state, she felt the need not to, considering she knew what they were going to say. The girl found herself in a familiar room. Half the size of a classroom. The place where she had called ‘home’ for 14 years. 14 long, painful years.

Having snap herself and reminding herself to be on track. To destroy the roots that had taken away her chance of ever having normal life.

It didn’t take her long until he reached the door. Ward 254 it read. Taking a deep breath, she pushed the door open and dropped. 

 

###


Author's Note: ............. I have no poor excuse as to why i haven't been updating but simply becos i've lacked motivation to finish this story, maybe it's becos i don't really have a particular plot or know where i'm going (PLANNIN IS FOR LOSERS #JKS) But you know, whatever happens, happens! Hope all of you are doing well though! And i'd really like to thank you guys for reading ^___^ Really.

2ejokoh.gif

OMG CALL ME BABY AJSDKFKGJKSDNFDAJSKFKFGOKSLFLKG/LL; I'M REALLY LOVIN THIS SONG OK bYE