025

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 25

Sooyeon huffed, her arms crossed and her face plastered with a frown. The surrounding 6 avoided her deathly stares, pretending to busy themselves with useless things like Chen who was on his phone, or Xiumin who claimed to be ‘reading’.

‘Guys.’ Her voice came out stern. The boys cautiously whipped their heads to the face her. They all gave her questioning looks even though they had already been quite aware of what she was going to say.

‘No’ Kris finalised before she could even open .

‘Argh! I didn’t even say anything yet!’ She whined, hitting the couch cushioning. The boy rolled his eyes at the younger female. ‘Fine then what was it that you about to say?’ He motioned her to go on.

‘You have to let me come to the rally. I’m all better! Seriously, you idiots kept me imprisoned for 4 days! I haven’t even seen sunlight and there’s nothing wrong with me’. She groaned. The boys had refused to let her participate earlier (even if she could easily take out the whole crowd if she needed to) only because they were worried. But Sooyeon found it annoying, how’d they treat her like a little kid when she could beat all their asses with her arms tied behind her back and her eyes blindfolded.  The rally was going to be dangerous, but that wasn’t what they were worried about. Because Sooyeon was the dangerous one.

She was different afterall. And they all were quite aware of this fact.

But did it stop them? Nope.

‘Sooyeon.’ She turned to glare at Chen who was most likely going to refuse.

‘You can go’ Luhan’s carefree voice echoed from the kitchen cut Chen off. Her face brightened up as she quickly moved her whole body in excitement to face Luahn who was now leaning on the couch.

‘Really’ she asked. Was there a catch?

‘Yep’ he hummed.

‘LUHAN!’ The others yelled in sync. The lad mentioned shrugged.

‘And this is why, you’re my favourite Luhan.’ She jumped on the elder’s back. ‘Have I ever told you how awesome you are?’

Luhan chuckled, shaking the girl off. ‘No but you can start’ he smirked.

She rolled her eyes, grabbing her denim jacket that was thrown on the floor.

Shoving her arms through sleeves of the jacket, she gave her friends a mischievous smile ‘Well, what all you sissy girls are waiting for?’

 

###

 

It was shortly passed 2 in the morning, but even though there was barely anyone on the streets of Seoul, the rally they were going to was packed. With Kris leading the way in, the group walked together, as if a pack of wolves. They entered the narrow passage way, with barely any lights and turned left. Walking no more than a meter or 2, the sound of loud music can be heard gradually getting louder.

Pushing the gate aside to walk in, they were greeted with drunken men, girls wearing minimum clothing or what Sooyeon would call them ‘s’ and a whole lot of alcohol and occasionally drugs. This isn’t any tea party, this - was the real deal. Almost immediately arriving, the girls dressed in miniskirts, croptops and tight dresses that looked like it was slowly cutting off circulation, started to sequeal like highschool girls, whispering ‘They’re here!’ and ‘I want them in me’ and more disgusting comments along those lines while Sooyeon glare at them.

‘Are they en 12’ she mumbled, and Lay patted her head, chuckling at her comment. 

The group grabbed some alcohol, before sitting themselves at their regular seats. It was empty as usual, because the people knew that it was theirs, and anyone stupid enough to sit there, was asking for a fight. Some of the girls seductively approached the group, occasionally trying to make small talk with some flirtatious gestures but failing miserably.

How desperate was all she could think. They were only after their reps and good looks, but with Sooyeon around, none of them could even lay a finger on the boys.

Tao had gone somewhere to but hadn’t been back for a while now, so bored, Sooyeon got up to go look for him. She wasn’t really bored, but she didn’t want to seem like she cared. After no more than a minute, curtesy of her overpowering smell senses, she easily sniffed Tao out, following the trail of the cologne the boy wore. She smirked when she saw him awkwardly wedged between 3 girls, seductively rubbing his arms or so.  Others would look at the scene and think that Tao was some playboy, skillfully pimping 3 girls at once, but in fact no matter how cool he tried to play it, Sooyeon knew. She approached him from the side, going unnoticed by the girls and saw a flash of relief when Tao spotted his saviour, but glared at her when she pretended to look away, mouthing ‘You’re on your own’.

‘Aw, you know, we could always ditch this place and go have some fun’ one of them said, reaching out to grab Tao’s arm, Sooyeon had enough of tormenting the poor boy so she took responsibility and had stepped in.

‘Touch him again, and I’ll break all the fingernails off you’re pretty little fingers and shove it down your throat’. The two other girls immediately backed away seeing the infamous Sooyeon. Chills running down their spines as what seemed to be their leader turned around glaring at the person who had just threatened her.

‘What did you say to me ’ She spat, carelessly before even realising who she was dealing with. Immediately she regretted her decision, and prayed for the best. Today was the day she could possibly die. The day she called Sooyeon a . The day she made her biggest mistake.

The girl wore a smile, but it wasn’t all that pleasant. ‘That’s me asking you nicely, and you called me a . My oh my. What to do with you’ She took a step forward while the girl dressed in a blue crop stepped backwards. She stuttered. ‘I’m sorry! I didn’t know’. Tao tapped her on the shoulders, he was having fun getting his revenge through Sooyeon, but it would just have to wait. Something serious came up.

‘We have… company looking for us’ He pointed towards the crowded area back where the others was.

Sooyeon sighed and gave the trembling girl a devious grin. ‘Consider yourself lucky today’. She grabbed Tao. ‘But next time, I’m going to snap you like a twig’ she hollered. The girl stumbled back, her legs giving in while her friends rushed to her side. She was truly a lucky girl tonight.

The two squeezed their way through the crowd, reaching the others.

‘What the hell is going on’ Sooyeon stepped in. She asked, although she was very well aware that a fight was coming their way, it wasn’t surprising a lot of gangs were fighting for the top, but unfortunately only one can be the best. And that group was hers.

‘Ah, why here she is now. EXO’s little angel.’ He mocked.

‘I didn’t ask you to talk’ she turned to her group of friends. ‘Who the is ugly over here’ She asked them instead, completely ignoring the fact that the man was right in front of her. The boys snickered. The male clenched his fist.

‘Aw what’s wrong? Did I offend this little baby’ she cooed as if talking to a 5 year old.

The blonde took a step closing the gap. ‘I like you. How bout I take you home and we can do other things instead. Girls would die to be asked by the one and only Zico to come back to his place.’ He whispered the last part ually.

Sooyeon smiled, deciding to play along as she traced circles around his chest. ‘Is that so Zico. Then how bout, you and I…’ She threw a punch across his face, successfully and easily knocking him to the ground, as he fell clutching his bruising cheek. ‘fight like men’ She finished, and by now, her boys were proudly howling like wild wolves.

‘No one messes with Block B’s leader’. One of his men stepped forward glaring at the girl.

‘Block B. Like building blocks’ she laughed. ‘Sorry but today, we’re gonna knock you all down then’. As soon as she finished her sentence, a full on fight was going all out. A fight for the title of the top gang. It was 6 against 7 so Kris decided not to get his hands dirty, so he kicked back and watched the show.

Punches and occasional kicks were thrown everywhere, and Sooyeon was enjoying the workout she was getting. She managed to knock out one of the guys within a few seconds, and was in the middle in helping both Xiumin and Lay. While signalling Lay to duck, Xiumin had violently shoved someone back which gave Sooyeon the opportunity to swing at the unfortunate fellow who hit the floor. Lay got back up smiling in appreciation but began to worry when Sooyeon froze, zoning out with a serious expression, plastered on her face, before it got too bloody.

‘Guys’ He called out worried to the others. Luhan quickly kicked the guy on top of him off, rushing to Lay. ‘Sooyeon, are you okay?’ He was worried that the terrible headache she had just come back. Out in the distance, she could hear a sound arriving. The irritation ringing filled her ears, as she stopped to distinguish what it was. Getting closer and closer, she got back to her senses when she heard her name being called.

‘STOP!’ She yelled, immediately quieting the whole place, her voice still echoing in the distance.

‘Sooyeon! What is it?!’ Chen yelled. Now they were truly worried.

She stayed quiet, making sure that it really is what she thought it was.

‘Cops’. She breathed and within the time it took for people to process it, it was quite frankly too late for them all to escape. She could hear the cops already on the scene.

Now it was a race against time, to escape.

They all got on their feet, despite the bruises and minor cuts, and sprung out, climbing over tables, chairs and other obstacles following Kris who knew a way out, since he was most familiar with area. They rushed out, helping each other until they stopped at a dead end.

‘Dead end?’ Tao asked starting to slightly panic.

‘No, up there’ Kris pointed towards a sturdy metal pipe that hanged from an abandon building that had a broken windows next to the fence. To get out, they needed to climb on top of the bar, and jump over the high fence right beside. ‘I’ll keep watch’ Sooyeon said, pushing them towards the fence.

As fast as possible, the members started to climb, some pulling the other injured up and Sooyeon keeping watch as the last climber. The couldn't waste time. They would get into a whole lot of if they were caught.

‘Hurry up Sooyeon!’ Chen shouted from over the fence. They were all safely over and were now waiting for Sooyeon. She could hear footsteps approaching, panicking she froze when she saw the familiar pair of eyes, holding a gun at her.

He too widened his eyes. But the 2 said nothing.

‘Go’ She whispered to the boys behind her.

‘No!’ She heard them scream, followed by many shouts of protests.

‘I said. Go’ she gritted her teeth, they all shared looks before hesitantly jogging off first. They would just have to trust her.

When the boys could no longer be heard. The only 2 left was the brown haired cop in front of her and herself.

‘This isn’t the first time we encountered, Mr.Do’ Her hands still raised in the air, noticing that the two have indeed met quite a number of times. Their meetings have always been unually. She had also noticed that everytime he'd looked at her, there was a pained look that struck his face. But right now, she was more focused on how she was going to make her getaway. But at the moment, there didn't seem to be any.

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but stare at the girl. He had been called in saying there was a rally he needed to get to, and guess who he found. No other than Sooyeon. His heart clenched at the pure sight or her. She was all brusied up, obviously she had been in some kind of fight, he could tell by the dry blood along the side of her lips, serveral rips in her jacket and a bruised cheek. He wanted to rush up to her, embrace her, tell her he was sorry. Treat her. Because it pained him to see her hurt, when ironically he had been the reason of why she hurt at one stage. The silence was so thick, a knife could slice it, but not for long when a voice called out.

‘Kyungsoo, is there anyone in the back?’ they both heard another cop call out from inside. He looked cauiosuly back at Sooyeon  who just looked at him nervously.

What was he going to say.

What was he going to do.

She remained frozen. Slowly, Kyungsoo lowered his gun and gave her a look that caused her stomach to quench.

He looked like he cared. She didn't understand why, yet it was all so familiar.

‘No’ he called back walking back in. Leaving Sooyeon dumbfounded but nevertheless grateful as she lightly made her way over the fence and using her speed to get out of the scene as soon as possible.

She honestly didn’t have a plan back there. But she guessed she didn’t need one.

But now, she owed him a favour. He did save her from trouble afterall.

 


Author's Note: Wow, that took me like at least 3 hours to write (becos i am a pro procastinator ok so shush) But here's a somewhat long update after 3 weeks of not posting anything oops. Soz not sozz (-; Just kidding! Acutally, i have like plans for each chapters, but clumsy me,  i accidently erased it so yeh lmao kill me. So now basically everything i write is either from memory, or i'm just gonna yolo it. Still hope it'll be good. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT SM'S RED VELVET? At first i was like errr wtf is this. But now, Happiness is like my jam eheheheehe. I really really like the message of the song so be sure to support them! 

(REALLY NEAT AND CRAFTY MV)

Thanks for reading and i hope you have a really nice day! xo