029

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 29

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed that day. He still remembered the cold breeze and cool air but that didn’t come close to stopping the warm feeling he had in his stomach. Heck he was now in a good mood every day. He sat from his desk, unable to control the grin that stretched from mouth to mouth as he quietly watch Sooyeon lying on his office couch.

Funny how a single person could do such an effect on him without even knowing it.

It has got to be at least 2 weeks since Sooyeon had agreed but to D.O it felt even longer. He didn’t keep track of time, it could be 2 months for all he cares. What made him happiest was that she actually attempted to get to know Kyungsoo in some rare cases. Although it didn’t happen as often, he was going to take what he could get and for him – that was more than enough.

Having her around again brought back so much life into him.

‘Do you guys usually get 4 cases a day?’ He heard her from the opposite end. He immediately lifted up his head enthusiastically but then composed himself before replying.

‘No, it's just you. Boss making good use out of you I guess’ He chuckled. ‘... but nice job on today Soo’.

She didn’t reply.

He looked back at the files on his desk, then up at her again.

‘’ he mentally cursed, realising he had called the lass ‘Soo’ as if he knew her for years.

‘Um, I can call you that right?’ He awkwardly covered up.

He watched as she gave him a small smile followed by a little nod, which sent relief feeling throughout his body. Until it fell silent again.

‘It’s just... You're not the first to call me that.’ He nervously gulped at her slight remark.

‘Must be coincidence’ he quickly made sure he pushed the topic aside and successfully, she shrugged it off.

‘Hey!’ She flew up from her lying position after a while and was now sitting upright. He hummed a slight ‘hmm?’ in response, pretending to be working however he was well absorbed to what she was going to say.

‘Why did you become a cop anyways?’ She questioned, flashing him a smile that almost drove him mad.

‘I-I…. well’ he stuttered, obviously not expecting that.

He took a deep breath as Sooyeon sat still anticipating his answer.

‘Well, someone I loved left me when I made the biggest mistake in my whole life and… I needed some sort of physical distraction I guess.’ He ducked his head low, eyes never leaving the page, but his mind already remising about back then.

About them.

Sooyeon nodded understandingly however she wouldn’t be her without her witty comments. ‘That’s a little gay but ok.’

Kyungsoo placed the pen down and propped his chin on his elbows, looking at her direction.

‘What’ She shot him a glare.

‘Why did YOU become a criminal?’ He used the exact same question. Both to mock her but also because he wanted to know.

She rolled her eyes, more of to buy time.

Buy time to decide if she really wanted to tell him.

‘That’s all I know to do. Kind of like… taught. It’s in my nature so I did what was easiest to survive. I’m sure something else happened. But..’ She paused. He watched her sour expression and instantly felt sick himself.

‘But I just can’t remember.’

He left it at that, just nodding in response. His eyes caught the time of the clock and that was his call to leave.

‘Come on, it’s time to go.’ He said to which she happily obliged to. From the corner of his eyes, he could her tailing him cutely as if she was a puppy, sliding across the pearly white tiles of the building. He silently chuckled, wondering how someone like her is actually capable of crime.

Just as they reached the door that made its way outside the lobby. The two was immediately called out to which made Kyungsoo tightly shut his eyes irritated, recognising the male’s voice, before turning around.

‘Kyungsoo! Who’s this cute little lady’ JB flung his arm around Sooyeon who looked at D.O a little awkwardly.

‘Hands off Jaebum’ the older growled, making JB stick his tongue out childishly before letting go off Sooyeon.

‘She’s pretty cute.’ JB commented shamlessly.

‘Ugh what do you want. Are you here just to flirt or?’ Kyungsoo now had his hands crossed.

‘Wow, someone’s a little grumpy. Sorry for flirting with YOUR little miss.’ He mocked, successfully irritating the poor male. ‘But what I'm really here for is to tell you that boss said there’s another case for you’ He handed over the familar creamed coloured folder.

Kyungsoo swore he had at least went through 4 of them today. This was the 5th case.

Was the boss trying to over work Sooyeon already? 

‘See you around.’ JB then turned to leave, not before throwing a wink at Sooyeon who gladly took it playfully.

She turned back to Kyungsoo who had already started reading the files. ‘Well… I like that one.’ She laughed, Kyungsoo just shook his head.

She them heard him let out a soft sigh.

‘Guess we aren’t leaving early afterall.’

 

###

 

‘A drug bust you said?’ Sooyeon questioned to which the male nodded.

Strange. She couldn’t smell the scent at all. 

The two cautiously approached the building, Kyungsoo’s right hand hovering the gun over his belt and his left holding a light, leading the way in the almost pitch dark. On the other hand as usually, Sooyeon was empty handed. He refused to let her use a gun, regardless of the fact she had held plenty of them and could probably handle a gun better than himself.

Of course, she had a gun. Several. Tucked away in her body, but he didn’t need to know that.

‘I think we got the wrong case’ Sooyeon commented while picking the lock with a wire she found on the ground.

‘Well, we won’t know till we go in right?’ Kyungsoo simply replied, his back as he guarded her.

‘Anddd… done!’ With a click, she turned the handle and pushed the door. She carelessly strolled in, as if she was familiar and looked for the switch as D.O instructed. While doing so, Kyungsoo still stood outside on guard in case of an attack. It was pitch black, but over the year, Sooyeon had realised she developed some sort of night vision, prior to her always being generally more active at the dawn of night.

You couldn’t blame her.

Who robs in broad daylight?

‘Kyungsoo! Got it’ She called out, flicking the several switches on all at once. However the bright lights wasn’t the only thing that greeted her.

Our little Sooyeon. How pleasant of you to visit.

She whipped her head around, gritting her teeth and tensed. Her feet refusing to move from her spot as she glared at the man who was comfortably standing in the middle of the abandon warehouse, with his arms behind his back.

Expecting the arrival of his dearest subject.

‘Sooyeon is everything ok?’ D.O had now walked in, however his eyes widened.

Dr.Kim…..’ He breathed.

And immediately, his eyes turned to Sooyeon, who also had her eyes on him. 


Author's Note: Damn son.... 2 more days till school and like im cryin rn. ;-; I haven't started any assignments either..... #THUGLIFE #SWEG #PRAYFORME Anyways, why do homework when you could update for my lovely subbies lie hell yeh! #PREACH Thank you for 60 SUBS like what guys seriously?! LIKE IM SO EMOTIONAL HERE'S CHANYEOL TO EXPRESS HOW I FEEL:

tumblr_inline_mprrtyWZX71qz4rgp.pngtumblr_inline_narly8bMNJ1r3hzyz.gif

Oh AND about the Jessica news. I ain't even surprised anymore. So over SM like ofc they are doing more like laters i'm out. Jokes I still need Sm cos they have EXO so yeh... #SORRYSM #ILOVEYOU

large.gif

Love you guys heaapss! Have a wonderful day as always and thank you for reading etccc ^_______^