032

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 32

In the lifeless room, walls painted a stale grey. Within one of the grey walls however was an overly large mirror that took up at least half of the wall itself. A table was positioned in the middle with only two chairs available and on one of them was occupied by no other than Jeong Sooyeon.

She sat, with no signs of panic or guilt.

Just waiting, for something to happen, or rather someone to come.

She slowly lifted her head when she heard the click of the door opening, but quickly hid her disappointment when greeted by a man in his 50’s. One of the head officers she assumed.

‘Miss Jeong, we have a few things we’d like to talk to you about, and we’d appreciate your cooperation, as I’m sure we both want to get out of here right?’.

Sooyeon huffed and smiled sweetly, entwining her hands together as she brought them towards the table.

‘I’d love to, but what’s in it for me, sir.’ She stressed the last word, successfully provoking him.

It had been at least 2 days. The police forces had caught their suspect of the murder of 6 other gang members, however getting her to talk was harder than expected.

They tried many ways. Bribery, sweet talk, enforcing fear and now resulting to starvation (which she dreaded) but easily showed no signs of weakness.

Almost as if she wasn’t human.

‘LOOK HERE, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, WE HAVE ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO LOCK PEOPLE LIKE YOU UP FOREVER.’ He slammed the table, secretly shocked at how Sooyeon didn’t even flinch but instead stared at him with her arms against her chin.

'That's sweet of you, Please do go on.'

It pissed him off.

‘We don’t have forever, you’ll end up speaking. I can’t believe someone like you would do that. Disgrace to the world really, can you even call yourself a hu-‘

‘What? A human?’ She chuckled, a laughter laced with amusement but also bitterness.

The irony. If only he knew what she really was.

He groaned in frustration, only to be even more angered when someone entered, asking him if he’d like any lunch.

‘No I’m fine.’ He bluntly replied, turning his attention back to the young girl in front of him.

‘I’d like something please! Carmel Latte and maybe a sandwich would be nice’ she winked at the assistant who bashfully nodded and escaped, before the chief could even tell him otherwise.

'That wasn't for you'.

'Well it is now' She smirked.

He just stared at the lass, loss for words. How could someone be like her.

He slowly slid into his seat, and studied her as she did the same.

‘I don’t get it.’

‘You shouldn’t get it.’ She only replied, making him squint his eyes at her.

‘How could someone possibly murder and injure another and not feel a single remorse in them… How could you even call yourself a pers-‘ He was cut off when the door opened.

‘Sir, if I may, I’d like to talk to her now…’ She looked at the newcommer and smirked.

It was about time Kyungsoo.

The chief nodded at him and looked at Sooyeon. He sighed one last time before making his exit.

‘It was a lovely chat! Please drop by again tomorrow chief!’ She waved, obviously taunting the old man.

When the door closed and the familiar locking click was heard, D.O carefully made his way to the empty seat, opposite of Sooyeon.

He placed down the food she had ordered earlier in front of her, which she gladly took it and for the moment, he could only watch her happily eat.

It was hard.

Hard not to hug her on the spot. Hard to believe she really did that.

There had to be a good reason.

‘Sooyeon I…’

‘-I’d like to tell you how sorry I am? How you broke my heart? Threw my trust out of the window? What, I what?’ She cut in, her voice was laced with so many emotions, it was hard to tell.

He looked down.

‘Save it. Just do your job’ She sighed, even though she was acting up, a feeling tugged on her chest, every time she looked at him.

How she’d wish it would stop.

‘Why’d you do it Soo. If… if you tell me I can help you. I know you wouldn’t do it for no reason, just please….’ I want to protect you.

‘Funny, if anything why would you help me, why do you act like you care? That’s what puzzled me most.’ She couldn’t control herself.

‘Listen. I know sorry is nothing, but if anything. I’ll prove it through my actions… If you’ll let me. I didn’t know what I was doing, I was a boy that was still hanging onto his first love, even though she had left long ago. It was wrong, and if I could do anything, I’d take it back.’ He sincerely told her, locking eyes with every word.

Now Sooyeon was speechless. She turned away, refusing to look at him in the eyes anymore and to acknowledge to bubbly tingles in her stomach.

Stop it.

‘A week ago, when one of Teen Top’s own memebers turned up half-dead? I killed him.’

Lies. That was a lie.

‘It wasn’t intentionally, he just got in the way and was picking a fight with me. Long story short, they came after me, and I did what I had to do.’ Something inside her made her feel sick.

It was quiet. 'I didn't kill all of them. You guys should be thankful.'

She was right, only 2 were pronouced dead. Minsoo who also went by the name of CAP and another one of his men, Niel.

Looking at Kyungsoo listening carefully and taking down notes made her feel wrong.

As if she didn’t feel bad enough already.

She could see he was really trying to help her. It was nice...

Shaking the thoughts out she scolded herself. She never felt this way, maybe she was sick.

Thank you Sooyeon. You don’t have to say anything but, you’ll be fine, I’ll make sure of that.’ His eyes told her that the ‘thank you’ had more meaning that it should.

And her instincts were on point.

‘I have to go now… but, if you need anything, just ring the button and I’ll come.’ He told her, with a hint of reluctant within his tone. He gave her a small, friendly smile before leaving. As he headed towards the door, he opened, only to almost collide into the group of boys, crowded on the other side.

‘Sooyeon.’

‘Hmm?’ She responded, she couldn’t quite see what was on the other side as D.O’s body covered the doorway.

‘You’ve got visitors that you’ll probably like to see.’ He stepped aside, revealing the 6 boys who all rushed in. Kyungsoo carefully closed the door behind them, giving them a little privacy and smiled.

‘At least they’ll somewhat boost up her mood hey?’ He bitterly chuckled inwardly.

 

###

 


Author's Note: oops, sort of been awhile again. Honestly I can't believe the year's coming to an end and Christmas is like in 23 Days. WOOWDWOFJDHAJNKSMDAFHBJDNFBJR CHRISTMAS Y'ALL AREN'T YOU GUYS HAPPY? 

Moving on, I'm thinking of ending this soon, maybe at Chapter 40 but we'll see :-)

There's so much going on rn, LIKE the B.A.P issue with their company (MY POOR BABIES), Jessica's solo and such alot others but I'm kinda just done for the year.... Hopefully KPOP picks up their next year, 2014 had a ton of problems LOL

tumblr_mr328dQb1l1szd3g6o1_500.gif

Have a nice day as usual! [:

COMMENTS, SUBSCRIPTIONS AND VOTES ARE LYK REALLY APPRECIATED OK GUYS!