014

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 14

 

‘Friday.’ He mumbled. He had until Friday to make his decision, And today was already Monday, which meant he had only 4 days. He started at his phones and let out a deep sigh before leaning into the side of the corridor’s walls for support.

What on earth has he gotten himself into?

What was he going to do?

It hadn’t been long until he found himself naturally running towards Sooyeon when he heard her panicked calls. Momentarily escaping the situation he was stuck in between.

‘Sooyeon! You’re awake.’ He quickly rushed to her bed.

‘Kyungsoo….’ He heard her soft voice, she still sounded a little weak, considering she had just woken up.

‘Yeah? Are you feeling alright? What happened?!’ He reached out to place his hand on her forehead, while bombarding her with questions, She looked up at him to see his face full of worried, but strangely, she felt as if there was something else bothering him.

She grabbed his hands and laced her fingers in his.

‘We’re at a hospital…. Please, take me home.’ He raised an eyebrow, wanting her to elaborate.

‘Take me home before –‘

‘I see that you are awake, that’s great news,’ They both whipped their heads towards the door that had just slid open, and in was the same puzzled doctor earlier. 

'But, I honestly still couldn’t understand what exactly happened so do you mind if we just do some tests’ He continued, standing on the other side of Sooyeon’s bedside, holding a clipboard in his right and a pen in his left hand.

At that moment, 2 nurses also entered the room and that’s when Sooyeon spotted it.

She shot D.O a look filled with fear. ‘Take me home.’ She asked for the 3rd time, this time her voice slightly trembled. She started to get uncomfortable as the nurses popped off the cap and started to place some liquid into the thin tube.

Kyungsoo looked at her worried glaze and saw where she was looking.

At the injections.

Before he could think, the nurses had already held out Sooyeon’s hand and was a split second away from piercing the sharp end into her flesh. Her body frozen and her eyes shut tightly, he could see her slightly trembling.

Didn’t she have more strengthen than I normal person would? And abnormally fast speed?

Why didn’t she do anything?

‘Stop. There’s no need due to the fact that you have no permission to do so, and so if you’ll excuse us, we would like to take our leave’. He shot up, throwing Sooyeon’s arm over his shoulders for support and helping her off her bed, but remembering to bow slightly before exiting the room, because he was still a respected authority, much so like D.O himself.

Slowly exiting the building, he could hear her finally letting out the breath that she’s been holding in for so long.

‘You’re really scared aren’t you’ He asked.

‘Do you even have to ask’ She sighed.

He rolled his eyes and eventually they reached his car.

‘Why didn’t you –‘

‘When I’m extremely scared or upset, I kinda of… forget about my powers.’ She cut him off, knowing exactly what he was going to ask.

‘Let’s go home’ He stated. Something they both agreed on.

 

###

 

Kyungsoo spent the next day at home, supervising Sooyeon for safe measures. She had told him about the whole hungry issue and how she stumbled on the bottles of Soju he had chilling in the fridge which didn’t make that much of sense but still manage to clear up most of the questions. Of course, he lectured her but then let her off the hook like always.

He just couldn’t stay mad.

He also stayed him, partially because he knew that he would get distracted. No matter how much he would like to ignore it, time isn’t getting slower.

And there was a still a choice needed to be made.

He sighed, and decided to check on Sooyeon in the bedroom. He shuffled towards the room and carefully opened the door, only to be greeted with Sooyeon sleeping on the study table, a pen still, but barely, in her grip and a book open and filled with writing,

He quietly smiled at the sight. She must have been really tired. From today. From everything.  He grabbed a chair and sat next to her, his arms crossed on the table it as he leaned his head on top, watching her.

‘What am I going to do with you’ He mumbled. He felt like he was baby-sitting.

But it didn’t mean he didn’t like it.  

Kyungsoo watched for a while before he finally restrained himself from staring any longer. Being the considerate person he was, he carefully picked her up and gently brought her to the bed where he tucked her in.

‘I literally feel like I’m baby-sitting’ He chuckled, before returning back to the desk where he tidied up some things. His eyes found its way to the book earlier. He starred at it, wondering what it could be. Curiosity got the best of him as he glanced at the 19 year old making sure she was asleep before picking up the book and lightly flicking through it, not being able to read anything in particular.

‘Do Kyungsoo’ He jumped at her sleepy voice.  He turned to see her eyes are still closed.

‘What’ He replied, the book still in his hands.

Book down’ She mumbled before wrapping herself with the blanket and going back to sleep.

He laughed quietly and did what he was told. ‘Not even surprised’ He whispered before leaving her to sllep and walking out of the room.

See this was the problem.

As much as he loved and longed for the girl he met 4 years ago, the 19 year old in that room, made the choice 10x harder. Before he met Sooyeon, he would of never hesitated in the choice. It wouldn’t be this way, if he hadn't grown such a liking to her, but he had to admit - Sooyeon made him happy.

But how strong was his love for her.

Which was stronger?

Hyerin or Sooyeon.


Authors Note: Happy B'day to the Queen AHAHAHA! Also, going overseas in exactly 5 days (end of this week) And i am supeeeer excited oh ma good! So yeah, i'm looking forward to spending 8hrs on the plane, most of it i hope writing pre-chapters so then all i have to do is post! ^_^ 

Until then, take care peeps! (-: hehe

*Waves*

tumblr_mx47k1QvXa1skdi8yo1_500.gif

PS: HOW CUTE IS OUR BAOZI OH MY GOD! (":