006

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 6

‘Please’

‘Please’

‘Please’

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee’

‘Sooyeon stop it, I’m busy’ He groaned. It was early morning when Sooyeon claimed to be extremely bored.

‘Please, just for one day! It’s so boring at home. I sear I’ll behave’. She continued pestering D.O

He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.

‘Sometimes I don’t know if you’re 19 or just 5’

‘Sometimes I don’t know if you’re 21 or 50. You act like you’re my dad’ She childishly repeated, crossing her arms. He shook his head, why even bother starting this. He would never win against Sooyeon.

‘Keep out of trouble ok?’ He said before he closed the door.

She let out an annoyed groan before dramatically falling into the soft couch.

‘Stupid 50 year old, doesn’t let me do anything!’ She grumbled angrily.

Hold up.

He never said no… Right?

She smirked before running to change.

Opening the front door of the apartment she smiled as the sun greeted her, shinning down warm ray of light. She started to walk but suddenly stopped.

Where exactly did Kyungsoo work?

That was going to be a problem. But not for long.

‘Tsk’. She smiled at her brilliant plan. She lifted her nose and started sniffing. People around her thought she’d gone mad, but that was the least of her worries. She hadn’t used her sense of smell since the escape. She wondered if it was still as effective as it was in the lab.

She remembered she was given a painful yellow injection, and suddenly her sense of smell became extra strong. She could pick up different fragrance in an instance and smell things from miles away, kind of like how polar bears could smell blood from afar too.  It was kind of useful, but it didn’t make up for nearly any of the pain she had to endure. This ladies and gentlemen was the side-effects.

She sniffed looking downwards, it wouldn’t be as effective but it’d have to do if she didn’t want to cause a scene. She remembered Kyungsoo told her to blend with the crowd. So this meant not doing anything crazy.

‘How boring’ she thought as she followed her nose until something interrupted her trail.

She sniffed the fragrance that she had grown a liking to in seconds.

‘Freshly Brewed Coffee?’ she read the sign and smiled.

Whatever this was, it smelt delicious as she walked in and ordered.

 

###

 

Kyungsoo sat busily typing up some of his latest business ideas. He was extra frustrated when one of the staff had told him that the sport business had drop in sales. He needed to think of an idea to get back the sales and more.

But how?

A vibration in his pocket snapped out of his thought.

‘Meeting now, come quick’ – Minhee.

He sighed as he reluctantly got up and headed down to the meeting room. He quietly got into the head seat and sat with his fingers interlaced with one another.

‘People, we need ideas’ He stated firmly.

‘Boss I’ve got one’ one of his co-worker, Youngjae stood up, opening a cap of a whiteboard marker and drawing on the board in front. He leaned back in his chair, intensively listening while nodding until his head whipped over to the door where his secretary stood.

‘Boss, someone’s looking for you’ she stepped aside to reveal a happily smiling Sooyeon, holding two cups of hot coffee and wearing a simple dress that complimented her skin and a light blue denim jacket on top. (x) Without anyone’s permission, she walked in casually, taking a seat next to Kyungsoo and acting like nothing’s wrong.

The female staff stared at this drop dead gorgeous girl, questioning their relationship while the male workers looked like they had just given up on life. They envied their boss.

Not only did he good looking and was successful, he also had a hot girlfriend. He basically won in life.

On the other hand Kyungsoo sat glaring at Sooyeon who innocently looked back at him. He sighed, she was as stubborn as a mule and there was no point in telling her to go.

‘How’d you get here’ He mouthed. She simply tapped her nose and he rolled his eyes and sighed, understanding her message.

He didn’t need this. He looked around at the other workers who still seemed surprised at her sudden arrival.

‘Pssst, I brought you coffee’ her smiled seemed to be contagious, because he soon found himself doing so also. Strangely, her presence alone seemed to make things 10x better. But he didn’t plan on telling her so.

Maybe he did need this after all. He gave the girl one last glance.

 

###

 

The meeting went on as usually as ideas were thrown around the room. Sooyeon sat there quietly listening occasionally poking Kyungsoo for ‘fun’.

At the opposite end of the room, Minhee sat in jealousy at how comfortable the 2 was. She studied Sooyeon, more specifically counting her flaws. What was there to like? She rolled her eyes. But she was only flooding herself with lies.

‘I’m sorry but who exactly are you? How do we know you’re not from another business trying to ruin our one?’ Minhee couldn’t take it anymore.

Sooyeon cocked an eyebrow. Just as she was about to answer in the sassiest way possible, Kyungsoo had already beaten her to it.

‘I don’t appreciate you speaking so rudely to my girlfriend’ His emphasized the last bit. Making sure his voice was clear and filled with pride. Sooyeon glared at him then looked back over to Minhee who seemed to slump back down into her seat and all the other females who thought they have the slightest chance with Kyungsoo, attempt to hide their frowns.

At the time, it seemed like a good idea. This way Sooyeon wouldn’t be suspicious of anything ‘out of the ordinary’ and that was exactly was she was. But this also helped himself as now he wouldn’t have to deal with woman shamelessly throwing themselves at him. It was nice at first but it soon got very irritating.

She smirked at Minhee who mentally drilling holes in her head and slightly cleared .

‘Actually, I have an idea’ She stood up and walked over to the whiteboard already filled with ideas and a graph in the middle to show progress so far. All eyes were now on her including D.O’s.

‘Um, alright so usually… Kyungsoo’s company generally attracts the male audience right?’ She started off, everyone agreed, it was a sports business after all and not many woman would be interested.

Minhee crossed her arms and smirked.

‘Kyungsoo? Big mistake, no one calls him Kyungsoo’ she thought as she sat waiting for D.O’s voice to scold the younger female. But that never came; instead she looked over to him listening eagerly to Sooyeon’s idea. She didn’t get it and this made her blood boil.

‘What if we did something so that we would attract the female audience as well?’ She turned away and started drawing. ‘That way, not only would you increase the sales again, you can gain more too if the other 50% of the population was interested.’ It was a simple yet brilliant idea that no one seemed to think of.

Kyungsoo smiled while the rest of the workers nodded, also approving the brilliant idea.

‘And how do you suppose we do that?’ Minhee seemed to be on fire today.

Kyungsoo turned his attention from Minhee back to Sooyeon.

‘Well, wouldn’t the others be happy to help?’ She looked at D.O with a small smirked. His grin seemed to get wider.

She was smart.

‘There’s more of them?!’ one over excited worker blurted before immediately covering . Sooyeon chuckled and flashed a bright smile before nodding.

‘Using his friends’ Kyungsoo thought about it, he wasn’t trying to be cocky but they have got a point, the group always seemed to draw attention when out, what difference was this?

This might just work.

And the Sooyeon could also help draw even more male customers. He had never told her but she was pretty good looking. Scrap that, she was extremely pretty. She could get 20 guys without even getting started.

It was a win-win situation, Sooyeon wouldn’t be bored, the group could hang out and sales would rise.

This might just work. He smiled as he watch Sooyeon take a seat.

All thanks to you. Sooyeon.

 

###


 

Authors Note: Sooyeon crashing Kyungsoo's workplace today hehe.

Well not really, maybe just his meeting [:

Happy Birthday Luhan! I've already posted it in the previous chapter

Only because i thought i wouldn't update today but waddup LOL.

Happy Birthday our Manly Luhan! ♡♡♡

tumblr_murellJJRo1slpvs1o1_500.jpgtumblr_mvryq7k4eK1s480o4o1_250.gif

Yes. Oh so very Manly Luhan.......