023

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 23

D.O sat drowned in his own thoughts that he hadn’t heard the knock at the door. JB popped his head as he creaked the door slightly opening raising an eyebrow when he hadn’t heard any answer. Casually he held his position and smiled mischievously, patiently waiting for the male to notice him.

But that didn’t seem like anytime soon.

And eventually he had become quickly agitated and walked in, making sure to slam the door behind him, causing Kyungsoo to slightly jump at the sudden noise. His eyes travelled to his friend how sat on the couch adjacent to him with his hands folded.

‘Do you know how to knock’ D.O started.

‘Do you know how to use your ears? He heard the male retort almost scoffing. He must have been too deep in his thoughts and didn’t hear the boy come in. JB sat still glaring at him.

‘What’ He returned the similar glare.

‘It just. You’ve been out of it lately.’ He paused. ‘You know what? Don’t worry, get your together we have work to do’. He stood up to take his leave, brushing off the non-existing dust off the surface of his pants.

‘How did you even become a cop’ Kyungsoo snickered, referring to his inappropriate vocabulary, as he was approaching the door.

‘Because of this’ He motioned his face and moved down to his body.

‘Good tactic. Scare the enemy with your face so they’ll faint. I like it.’ Kyungsoo smirked.

‘Ha.Ha. Hurry up we have to get going.’ JB rolled his eyes before officially exiting the room.

A small sigh escaped his lips as he grab his things and pushed aside his suffocating thoughts.

‘Snap out of it. You have work to do’ he mumbled to himself, but he knew that he wasn’t fully in the right mind.

At least, not at this time.

 

###

 

‘So what’s the details?’ D.O hopped in the car, asking his associate who was already in the driver’s seat.

‘Patrol at Seoul’s national bank.’ He replied, shifting the gears before hitting the busy night roads of Korea’s capital.

D.O nodded understandingly. The drive was short and they quickly got off at their stop, carrying a night watch bag each and approaching the barricaded building. Kyungsoo had a job and it was to watch over the bank, however as his eyes curiously wondered around, he started to question why. The security was in top shape. It would have been literally impossible to break in without getting caught, and even so, break out once you managed to get in. It was sealed from top to bottom, with heavy metal bars, aligned in horizontals crossing over the vertical cold bars.

But a job was still a job, and Kyungsoo breathed into his frozen hands, rubbing them together in attempt to fight the cold atmosphere the city’s night. He looked over to his partner, who wasn’t too far away but had kept a distance in order to keep patrol on his own side. He was doing the same thing, except he didn’t seem to be too bothered.

It was going to be a long cold night.

‘Sleep. I’ll take the first shift.’ He heard the male call out. ‘I know you’re tired. All you’ve been is tired for the last few days. You need it’ He continued. Kyungsoo looked up and gave him a small appreciative smile. ‘Thanks’ he called out, but his eye lids have gotten heavy by the time he finished and by now, he had dozed off.

 

###

 

12:51AM.

The ringing of the alarms had abruptly awoken JB who had jumped up, trying to comprehend what was happening, D.O was already wide awake, and immediately sprang into action. Instinctively he ran towards the sides of the bank, trying to locate the possible routes that the robbers would take. His instincts were right as he had collided with the figure that couldn’t be recognised as the overwhelming darkness made everything so vague.

The thief had chucked the bag at the distance, and was using both their arms in attempt to escape his grip. Kyungsoo heard the person grunt aggressively underneath him.

‘It couldn’t be’ He mumbled still making sure his grip was strong. ‘It couldn’t be!’ he repeated even louder this time, pulling off the mask that hide the person’s the identity.

He prayed that it wasn’t her.

But his prayers weren’t answered as the dark brown eyes glared aggressively back at him. Still struggling against his strength.

‘Sooyeon’ He accidently breathed, as once again he let his feelings lead the situation.

She creased her eyebrows, but nevertheless stayed silent, keeping her aim straight, and that was escaping the cop that was holding her down. Or else she’d be in a whole lot of trouble.

Sooyeon aggressively flipped D.O, taking advantage of his state for the second time. ‘Why is it, that it’s always you’ She thought eying him. 'it was nice meeting you again' She smirked before hastily getting up and speeding away, not forgetting the grab the bag literally filled with thousands of hundreds.

Once again, D.O had let her easily slide out, as held his bruised wasit he got from the collosion.

‘You ok?!’ JB shouted, concerned over his friend.

‘Yeah, but sh- they escaped’ He mumbled weakly. JB softened and lead D.O towards the wall, where he gently placed the male down to rest.

‘Yeah, but at least you aren’t that badly injured.’ He replied, trying to make him feel better. They sat in silence before they both groaned.

‘Boss won’t be happy about this’ D.O chuckled facing his friend, also trying to lighten the mood. JB ‘tsked’ before laughing too.

‘You are so screwed’.

‘No’ the brown haired male corrected, leaning his head back onto the cold bricked walls.

We are so screwed.’

 

###

 

By now it was half pasted 1. Tao kicked the garage door harshly a couple of times before the sound of hurried footsteps lifted up the barrier and both Tao and Sooyeon strolled in, both carrying at least 3 bags each over their shoulders.

‘Nice, even the toughest securities can’t keep us out’ Luhan commented, throwing the duo a thumbs up.

‘Thanks to Sooyeon leading the way really’ Tao motioned his head towards Sooyeon who as always carelessly tossed the bag randomly and kicked Xiumin who was on the couch off so she could lie down. Xiumin growled at her but she couldn’t care less, besides, he was now occupied with arrange and calculating the new arrivals so she was off the hook.

She couldn’t care less about what was going on. All she focused on was the irritating headache that she was having. She closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down, but that didn’t seem to help the agonizing pain had only gotten worse. The boys were too busy to notice her until she has dropped to the floor, letting out a high pitched scream that shocked them all.

‘Sooyeon! What’s wrong?’ Lay was the first one to attend to her side as she was clutching the sides of her ears.

‘Make it go away! Make the voices stop Lay. PLEASE’ she cried out, begging. Something that surprised them all because Jeong Sooyeon does not beg.

The boys started to freak out, but it quickly calmed down when Chen came running to her aid with some random medications he had found. In quick actions, he plopped it down into and forced her to swallow. She was still slightly sobbing, unwilling to look up or snap out if it anytime soon. But it gradually got quieter as she knocked out almost immediately after. The boys carried her on the couch, and covered her from the chilling cold in hopes that she would get better. They stood with worried expressions on their face, as they watched her uneasy facial expressions, even when she was asleep.

This was the first ever time that Sooyeon had burst out uncontrollably like this that it scared them alot. And they just hoped that this was the first and last time that it would happen.

For her sake at least.

‘What had just happened?’ Tao asked slightly afraid.

‘I don’t know, but I hope she’s okay..........’ Luhan added sincerely, patting the younger male, earning nods from the others.

'What did you even give her Chen' Xiumin asked worried.

'Sleeping pills' Lay replied instead, holding up the labelled box while Chen shrugged.

‘She’ll be alright’ Kris said reassuringly, even if they act like they wanted to rip each other's throats out, even if he hated to admit it, he cared about her. She's basically family to him. To all of them.

‘She’s a tough one’.

###

 


Author's Note: Oops, It's been like 2 weeks or s/t............ I blame school tbh HAHAHAHA Missed you guys heaps! But I'm back and i hope you enjoy. Posting this at 12:36AM ok #trueluv 

So yeh, Enjoy and have a nice night i guess? Bye y'all xo