004

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 4

‘Food’s ready Kyungsoo’ Sooyeon called him from the kitchen bench. She had just finished plating and was now bringing the dishes to the table.

He smiled in content before switching the TV off. Just as he was about to take a seat, their heads whipped to the door at the sound of the bell ring.

‘You get it’

‘No! It’s your house and may I remind you I’m supposed to be keeping a low profile’ She defensively crossed her arms.

He shook his head playfully before peaking at the window. His eyes widen and he abruptly shot up, pushing Sooyeon towards the main bedroom.

‘Stay in here, don’t come out’ He said hurriedly without an explanation.

‘KYUNGSOO-‘before she could finish her sentence he had already closed the door and she could hear the sounds his footsteps disappearing downstairs. She huffed and looked around. She had only been in D.O’s room once and didn’t realise all the photos around, so with that she started pacing around the room, from one photo to another.

She landed on a photo, couldn’t have been long ago, and in it was Kyungsoo and a familiar pretty woman. A frown unknowingly reached her face.

Who was this woman? Sooyeon studied her face carefully.

‘I’ve seen her before…’ she thought long and hard, but nothing came up. All she knew was, that woman, wasn’t someone she particularly liked so much.

 

###

 

A few more impatient rings followed by several bangs on the door was heard before D.O running as fast as he can reached the door and opened it.

‘Hi guys’ he greeted his 5 friends, trying to sound as casual as possible.

‘Took you long enough’ 1 out of the 5 muttered, while making his way in with the others and comfortably making his way inside.

‘Er, sorry I was cooking’ he lied.

‘For 2? Either someone else lives here or you have a very big appetite’ another roaming around the room questioned, immediately catching the other’s attention.

‘As far as I know, it’s neither of them’

Kyungsoo mentally cursed Bakehyun for being so observant. ‘Well I… -‘

‘Was having dinner with me’ Sooyeon carefully walked down the stairs.

Everyone in the room faced the female who was now next to Kyungsoo, while he didn’t know how to feel. He was thankful she caught on quick and saved his . But how was he going to explain this to his friends now?

And he could of sworn he locked the door. How on earth did she get out? But he shouldn’t even be surprised. For the nth time. She was different.

He looked at his friends who starred at Sooyeon in awe like a bunch of hungry lions and she was the prize meat.

He sighed. 5 eyes were now on him while he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

‘Um, guys meet Sooyeon?’ He let out a worried laugh.

His friends were still in shock. Looks like he had a lot of explaining to do.

‘Hey Kyungsoo. I’m hungry’ He glared at Sooyeon who did not make it any better.

 

###

 

The 7 sat on the floor eating happily. The meal for 2 was abandon since that wasn’t enough for the other 5 and D.O wasn’t so happy about that. He was actually looking forward to Sooyeon’s cooking because although he hated to admit it, it was really delicious. Maybe even better than his and considering she only had a short amount of time to learn too.

‘So…  How’d a workaholic like you get a hottie like her?’ Chanyeol winked, successfully embarrassing his friend.  Kyungsoo shot bright red, glaring at his taller friend and then worriedly looked at Sooyeon who casually and thankfully ignored the comment and continued eating their chinese take away while watching TV.

‘Yeah, even Kai’s past girlfriend’s aren’t as pretty as her’ Baekhyun laughed while the tanned male rolled his eyes.

‘We met on a subway, he offered me his seat’ She replied seeing D.O wasn’t. He didn’t deny that they were together so she wouldn’t either. She decided to just go with the flow.

She also found it very amusing how Kyungsoo was so flustered around his friends. This was the first time the usually composed and formal Do Kyungsoo was shy. That was new. And she was enjoying every bit of it.

The rest nodded and left Kyungsoo alone, however Sooyeon was now being bombarded with questions, left and right.

‘How old are you?’ Suho asked

‘Old enough’ she laughed and rolled her eyes playfully while the other boys howled.

Kyungsoo glared at his wild friends before answering. ‘She’s 1 year younger than Sehun.’

‘Where are you from?’ She looked Sehun who asked her and then back at Kyungsoo nervously. ‘Around…’ she chuckled sheepishly and they left it at that.

The whole night was spent getting to know each other, laughing and doing all sorts of things. She eventually got close to all the boys, except for Kai who for some reason she felt uncomfortable around. They did talk here and there but something was off. She had seen him somewhere. Maybe not him but another version of him.

She sat next to Suho who was the least wild and didn’t ask her questions all related to Kyungsoo. She enjoyed his present as they had a nice conversation.

‘You know, D.O usually doesn’t let just anyone call him Kyungsoo.’ He told her out of the blue. She raised an eyebrow and looked back at D.O who was happily laughing along with his friends.

‘Yeah, it’s only us 5 and his parents.’ He paused if he should mention her. But he decided for now, it wasn’t a good idea.

She nodded and unknowingly smiled too as she continue to watch as the other boys who were wrestling, Kai was happily on top of Baekhyun and the others pretending to be the referees.

Kai…

That wasn’t his name… was it?

‘KIM JONGIIN! Get off him!’ Kyungsoo’s voice scolded the younger male.

Kim Jongin.

Kim Jongin? She heard this before. Her mind flashing back to the time in the lab and her body slightly trembling.

‘What does Kai have to do with them?’ She thought quietly until someone interrupted her train of thought.

‘Hey Sooyeon. Last question of the night before we all leave. Out of all of us, who do you like best?’ Baekhyun slyly asked. She snapped out of her deep thought and looked up to see 12 eyes al participating her answer.

D.O especially. Although he tried to hide it in his face, his eyes said otherwise.

‘Huh? Oh…’ She looked at the boys again. Chanyeol was grinning widely. She mentally laughed at his eagerness.

‘I like … Chany- Baekhyun’ She grinned. Baekhyun high-fived Sooyeon while Chanyeol sulked at her tease. A frown unknowingly spread across Kyungsoo’s lips. He wasn’t satisfied with her answer, but what could he do.

Why was he even disappointed? The 2 weren’t even a couple, yet he couldn’t help feel a slight twist in his stomach.

‘Alright, go. It’s getting late’ D.O stood up, ushering his friends out.  Sooyeon did the same, walking them out while the complained to the male.

‘BYE SOOYEON!’

‘It was nice meeting you!’

‘Let’s hang out again’

‘I’M BETTER THAN BAEKHYUN’

She chuckled before Kyungsoo closed the door and let out an exaggerated sigh.

‘That was fun’ Sooyeon laughed amused.

‘Fun’ he scoffed playfully. He couldn’t stay upset.

Fun it was. He smiled as he looked in her direction. At least she had fun.

 

###


 

Authors Note: Happy Black Day to all y'all single peeps out there like me LOL

tumblr_inline_mowwbapds21qz4rgp.gif200_s.gif

-Cries while Eating Jajangmyun-

ALSO WHO ELSE IS EXCITED ABOUT EXO'S OVERDOSE OH MY GOOOOSH!

-SPAZZ ATTACK- COS I SURE AM

I MEAN LOOK AT HOW HOT THEY ARE OH MY GOD I CAN'T.

HALP CALL 000/911/119. PLZZZZ

tumblr_n3va2fhuEs1rqtfpio1_500.gif

D0n't l00k @ Me lyk th@t. I ain't the only one. -Flips hair-