027

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 27

For the first time in 2 years, Sooyeon actually made an attempt to dress up. Although it wasn’t much, it was definitely something the boys haven’t seen her wear in so long. She threw on a black plain tank top and her denim shorts laced with a black belt that showcased her long legs (x). Although her outfit was nothing out of the ordinary, it looked great on her. What surprised them most was when she actually had a touch of makeup on and it reminded them that no matter how different or tough she acted, Jeong Sooyeon was still a girl.

She casually made her way through the lounging boys in the living room and just as her hand reached out to grasp on the lift of the garage door she just had to stop and glare.

‘Who are you, and what have you to Sooyeon’ Kris as usual snorted making Chen laugh but only to receive daggers shooting his way from a particular lass.

‘Shut up Kris, I think our baby looks rather nice’ Luhan commented from the kitchen as the others silently nodded. Sooyeon quickly hid her blush and smiled thankfully. She wasn’t so use to this either.

‘Don’t ask, blame Kai.’ She grumbled ducking under the garage door. ‘Don’t wait up, I might be late’ she hollered on the other side of the barrier before it fell down with a loud ‘bang’.

Lay turned to look at Chen. ‘You can’t possibly say she doesn’t look nice’.

‘I don’t plan on telling her’. He shrugged. ‘Now, is it just me, or are you all trying to fight the urge to follow her?’ He smirked slyly.

 

###

 

Kai was seated across the fidgety male, watching him amused as he just couldn’t seem to keep still. The older male was no doubt nervous as we constantly had his eyes kept on the door.

Kai shook his head.

‘I can’t believe I’m doing this for you’. He crossed his arms over his chest, leaning back into his chair.

Kyungsoo looked up and smiled. ‘You owe me anyways’ he shrugged happily.

Kai didn’t actually agree at first. He was quite hesitant over the idea that Kyungsoo proposal but eventually gave in when his best friend gave him the old fashion guilt trip.

‘You know I hate you’ Kai dug his face into his palms, he had a very bad feeling about this. Kyungsoo ignored the younger latter, only giving him a soft hum in return.

A day before, kai had received an ‘important’ call from Kyungsoo at 3AM in the morning claiming he couldn’t sleep unless Kai had set up a ‘meeting’ with Sooyeon. Of course, grumpy that someone had called early in the morning he muttered some profanities over the phone before agreeing and knocking right back out.

However this morning, while eating breakfast, Kai had realised what he had done and slapped himself a few times.

Jongin’s thoughts was put on hold when the older male kicked him under the table.

‘She’s here! She’s here. What do I do? How do I look? She’s here’ Kai rolled his eyes before answering, but before he could open his mouth, Sooyeon had already spotted the two and was making her way other to Kai.

‘Hey! Kai…’ She stopped.

‘Who’s this’ She motioned her head to the lad who was trying to hid his nervousness.

‘You look nice today Sooyeon and this… is my friend I want you to meet.’ He answered casually as she sat down.

‘Ah I see, Um… I’m Jeong Sooyeon I guess. Nice to meet you?’ She extended her hand offering a handshake. She finally was able to get a glimpse of his features as she raised an eyebrow.

Kyungsoo gulped and looked at the hand before clearing his throat. ‘Nice to meet you too. I’m –‘

‘D.O. Officer D.O’ she cut him off before turning to Kai.

‘Why did you bring a cop, did he pay you?’ She glared at him, obviously catching on.

Kai said his prayers. He was so dead.

‘Actually I asked Kai for a ….meeting. I mean the other day when you helped me… I wanted to say thanks I guess’ D.O replied instead while Kai hastily nodded.

She glared at the two boys in front of her, he stare to strong, that I could almost pierce through their flesh.

‘You are quite aware of what I do Officer D.O’ She folded her arms. ‘And the last time I checked cops and criminals, don’t mix.’

‘I’m not asking you to date me or anything!’ He mentally wished. ‘I just wanted to say thank you. And…’

‘We’re even, it’s okay’ she collected herself calmly. 

### 

It had been 10 minutes after Kai had made an ever so lame excuse to get himself out and so the two sat, silent. A long awkward silence before any one of them started again. Just a whole lot of intense starring. He had chuckled at the sight when she was quietly mumbling how ‘dead’ Jongin would be once she get home, but he was soon interrupted.

‘Why am I really here’ Sooyeon never was a fond of the quite. She saw a slight twitch in D.O’s upper mouth but she could tell he was containing his smile well. But not well enough.

What was so funny?

But what she didn’t know was it was only a bitter smile. Her sudden outburst made him remember. How she really didn’t like the quite, but she didn’t need to know that.

She shrugged it off.

‘Well… I just wanted to proposal an idea.’ He waited for it to sink in a little before continuing.

‘What would you say, if I wanted you to help me? Catch the criminals I mean, no catch and bonus I’ll keep the law away from you and I’ll pay you.’ She squinted at him confused.

Did a police officer just ask for her help?

‘Do you… know who I am?’ She raised her head to meet his eyes.

Kyungsoo’s heart was longing to scream yes, and in his head, he had already felt her soft lips 6 times by now.

‘Not fully’ he choked out the lie.

‘I know you’re Jeong Sooyeon the infamous and youngest criminal that hasn’t been quite since you started 2 years ago. I know your speciality is in and out. In other words robbing quickly what you need and only what is necessary. You don’t like to deal with unnecessary trouble yet you love picking fights and going to rallies.’ The words came out like a breeze.

Only because he really did spend hours rehearsing it.

She smirked, an amused look was plastered on her face.

‘You think you know me don’t you’. She sadly sighed.

‘I know.. you don’t like the quiet and that you love instant noodles, especially ramen. You have a thing for trouble.’ He chuckled at the memory but soon it died down. ‘And…. that you’re different’ He wondered if he really did the right thing by saying that.

‘Different…’ She repeated.

Could he possibly had known? But how?

‘Different and you could help me. Think about it please.’ He got up, digging through his pocket. He smiled at her before gently placing a card in her hand.

‘Sooyeon.’ She liked the way her name rolled off his tongue. ‘This is my number. Do us both a favour please…. Because -’ He didn’t finish. Instead he fought the urge of staying and finally left.

Sooyeon stayed silent as she watched him leave just like that.

How did he know that?

Why did he act as if he knew her from head to toe?

She stared at the paper that was now in the palms of her hands and sighed. Her fingers lightly outline the messy edges of the paper and she couldn’t help but let her eyes be glued to the cutely written number and name.

But then her ears twitched.

‘-I have to protect you.’ She heard him mumbled. Her head slowly looked, but he was already out the door. Her feet felt heavy and so she stayed. Glued to her seat.

In moments like this, she wished that she didn't have what she had. She wished she couldn't hear from miles away.

Sooyeon felt uncomfortable upon hearing those words. It sent a sensation headed right for her fragile heart.

She didn’t understand why.

Her body seemed to let out a breath. A breath she didn’t notice that she was holding for so long. Jeong Sooyeon was a confident lass. No one had ever made her feel this way.

‘Who are you exactly?’.

 

###

 


Author's Note: One more week of school I figured i'd update before then ^_^ Not much to say today so enjoy! Thank you for reading and remember to subscribe, comment and thumbs up as they are alwaaaaays greatly appreciated! <3

Or not. I ain't yo mama. 

tumblr_inline_mtzu1xRUfc1qb7oam.gif

Peace out girl scout hehe (-: