012

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 12

‘Sumgyeodo twinkle eojjeona
Nune hwag ttui janha
Beire ssayeo isseodo
Naneun twinkle tiga na’

‘……………………………………………………………’

‘Ttan saram deuldo da bitnaneun
Nareul johahae
Kkeutkkaji gyeonggyehaeya hae
Boseogeul humchin neojanha’ ♪ Sooyeon sang, on the top of her lungs, one of the songs she had heard on TV, jumping up and down on the bed.

The first day they were back together, you could tell the house immediately had gotten 10 times louder thanks to one single person singing, early that morning.

‘Yah’

‘Yah Kyungsoo-ah, you still aren’t going to wake up?’ She watched as he made no attempts of getting up even after all her singing.

‘YAH!’ She jumped on top of him, letting her full body weight collapse over him. She smiled in delight when she heard him grunt finding it amusing and let out a small chuckle when he finally groaned mumbling words on the lines of ‘Alright I’m wake, GET OFF ME!’ 

‘Good! Hurry up and change, we’re out of food and quite frankly I happen to be extremely hungry.’ She whined before walking into the living room.

He shook his head, something he found himself doing often whenever Sooyeon was around, nonetheless, he obeyed and went straight to the bathroom to brush his teeth and get changed.

 

###

 

‘Can you like be any slower’ She whined when they finally reached local supermarket. D.O gave her a glare as she innocently returned a smile.

‘Let’s go’ she pushed him towards the trolleys before dashing off, into one of the closest aisles. He let out a sigh. He was beginning to doubt whether he wanted to return afterall. But they both knew that deep inside, it was quite obvious he did. He watched, trailing as she started grabbing junk like a 5 year old, barely being able to carry it in her arms before she came back dumping it into the cart he was pushing behind her. Silently laughing at her enthusiasm, he slowly picked out what they actually needed.

‘Hey! That’s mine!’ She attacked his arm retrieving the snack he was about to place back and plopping it back into the trolley.

Rolling his eyes, he didn’t bother put up a fight because he knew she hadn’t notice the other 20 missing snacks he had successfully put back so he thought he’d let her have this one.

‘and lastly, fruits check.’ He mumbled ticking it off the list of ‘what to buy’. He looked up. It was way too quiet.

‘Sooyeon?’ He called out, standing in line. He could of sworn she was right next to him a minute ago.  He creased his eyebrows as he saw a familiar figure running towards him.

‘Sooyeon check’ She laughed and it seemed to be contagious as he quietly laughed too as he realised she probably heard him from the other end of the store. People were giving them weird looks as the girl who was literally across the other end of the store coming running when Kyungsoo called out her name that was barely heard10 meters away but 50? The 2 exchanged glances and said no more.

’70,600 won please’ Although it wasn’t that much to him, it was quite a lot for one grocery trip. He glared at Sooyeon who innocently avoided his eyes and started to pick up a few bags and already headed out the door.

He sighed as he handed over the cash, mumbled a quick thanks before picking the rest of the grey bags and following after Sooyeon. He suddenly stopped in his tracks seeing Sooyeon surrounded by 4 men, dressed in suits.

‘Sooyeon!’ He dropped the bags and ran immediately towards her.

‘Stay back!’ He heard her yell. But this time, he couldn’t. This time he wanted to help her. Ignoring her demands, he carelessly threw a swing at the closest guy that fell to the ground grunting before kneeing another one. He did grow up with EXO and they had plenty of gang fights all the time. However this was different. He felt a slight pain in his stomach before he hit the ground. Kyungsoo held his cheek before he noticed blood dripping out. His eyes widened but not in fear, with thrill. Getting back on his feet, he used the end of his elbows, knocking the guy who hit him out cold before grabbing Sooyeon and running.

Now Sooyeon was completely amused. When she told him to stay back, she thought he would obediently listen as she could have handled it in no more than 10 seconds on her own. She was worried that he’d get his assed kicked but when it was the other way around, she realised she underestimated him. When did a Business man like him, someone so formal and polite, fight like a thug?

She her grin got bigger as they both ran, eventually she started laughing to the point where even D.O couldn’t help but laugh. Even in this dangerous situation they were giggling like high school girls.

Panting they finally hurriedly got into the house and locked the door. Sooyeon immediately plopping herself down onto the couch while Kyungsoo had his back against the door, trying to catch his breath.

‘That was fun’ He heard he say. He rolled his eyes, but it was true. It was the most fun he had had in a while, ever since highschool was over, he didn’t have anymore time to be revkless and childish, getting into fights, going out. He quickly got himself enrolled into one of korea’s top business university and when he got his degree, went straight to work. Everything was planned from the start to the end.

And he hated it.

He looked over at Sooyeon who had her eyes closed. One arm resting on her stomach and the other handing on the side of the couch. He placed a hand on his heart, he had gotten use to the fast pace or stomach tingling whenever she was around, but today, it  was different. He finally got up and threw a blanket on her. It was only 8 so he’d wake her up from her nap later. He had a moment to closesly observe her features and felt like if he got any closer, his heart would explode. He quickly got up and rushed to the toilet, splashing water onto his face.

Why was he being like this?
 

That he didn’t know, but he blamed it on the adrenaline he had a while back. Or maybe hormones. That made sense too.

 

###

 

‘Boss, we couldn’t get her back because she had some help. However we did find this’ One of the men handed him a black leather wallet.

‘Do Kyungsoo, 21.’ He read the ID he found inside. ‘Was he the one who helped?’ Mr Kim questioned calmly. He was a calm man that appeared so nice almost angelic. But that was all a mask, as his actions said otherwise.

He smiled. ‘Run a background check on him.’ Flicking his wrist. The man nodded once and exited the room.

‘ I think we just found what we needed to bring my Dearest Sooyeon back.’

 

###


Authors Note: GUYS DOOM WEEK IS OVER! AND ALSO IN EXACTLY 3 WEEKS FROM NOW I'M GOING OVERSEAS. I DON'T THINK YOU WILL CARE BUT I AM HELLA EXCITED AND THE PLANE TRIP TAKES 8 HOURS WHICH HOPEFULLY MEANS 8 HOURS OF WRITING CHAPTERS FOR THIS FANFIC! 

image

Yeah that's all ahha, have a great day/night (: