[8] The Pretention

Obliviously Yours [+1]

 

                “Oh...Minho, what are you doing here?” Jessica didn’t expect to see Minho when she opened the door. It’s Saturday already. Minho went to fetch Krystal. They would be going to the party.

                “Hello, noona. I’m here to fetch Soo Jung.”

                “Of course, you always do. Why did I even ask? Come in. Soo Jung is still getting ready.” She lead Minho inside and let him sit on the couch. “What do you want? Juice? Cola?”

                “No, noona. You don’t have to bother. I’ll just wait here.”

                “Okay. Watch T.V. if you want. I’ll go to my room now. You look good, by the way.” Jessica went upstairs straight to Krystal’s room.

                “Soo Jung-ah, your boy...friend is waiting downstairs. Hurry up.” Krystal sent a defiant stare to her unnie. Her unnie always refer to Minho as her ‘boy...friend’. She already got tired of telling her that they are just friends because her unnie won’t stop it anyway. She‘s just thankful that her Yoong unnie has not yet adopted this habit of her Soo Yeon unnie. “Where are you two going anyway?” Jessica asked.

                “We’re going to a party.” Krystal just finished wearing her light make-up. “How do I look?” she asked her unnie.

                “Pretty like me.” Jessica laughed. “Don’t you want to wear high heels?”

                “Those would just hurt my feet. I’m still taller than you even without heels.” It’s Krystal’s turn to laugh. She hurriedly went downstairs.

                “Yah! Come back here. You!” Jessica chased her down.

                Downstairs, Minho has been flipping the channels when he heard hurried footsteps on the stairs. He was immediately up on his feet when he saw Krystal at the bottom of the staircase. He was out of words at first. She's a beauty in any clothes she wears. Then he noticed, she’s wearing a black and white ensemble, a black and white above the knee dress with a black biker vest and white flat shoes. “Are you copying me?” He said.

                Krystal looked at him and he’s also wearing a black and white outfit. He’s wearing a plain black fitted v-neck shirt inside a white dress shirt with thin black stripes that also fits him just right. “I did not copy you. It’s just coincidental.” She said.

                “Wow! You two have matching clothes.” Jessica said.

 

_______________________

 

                “I told you to dress to kill.” Krystal said. They are now on their way to the party. Minho’s driving and she’s seated on the passenger seat.

                “My appearance itself is already to die for. Stylish clothes are not that needed.” He smirked. She just scoffed and rolled her eyes at his comment. “Whose party is it anyway? And why do I need to pretend to be your boyfriend?”

                “You’ll see when we get there.”

 

________________________

 

                The place is full with familiar people. It seems like Jonghyun knows a lot of celebrities since Krystal can see a lot in the party. Minho left her for awhile to get them drinks. “Krystal-ssi, you came.” Jonghyun popped up out of nowhere.

                “Of course. Nice party you have here.”

                “Thanks. Where’s your boyfriend anyway? I thought you are going to introduce him to me.”

                “He’s with me. He just went to get drinks.” She saw Minho approaching them. “Oh...there he is.” Just in time that Minho had reached them. “Jonghyun-ssi this is my boyfriend...”

                “Minho?” Jonghyun said as he turned to see who Krystal’s boyfriend is.

                “Jonghyun hyung?” Minho said in shock.

                “You know each other?” Krystal was as shock as both of the guys.

                “Yes. Our noona are best friends.” Jonghyun explained. “I didn’t expect that Minho would be your boyfriend. If you told me before, I already have stopped bothering you.”

                “Sooyoung unnie?” Krystal asked Minho.

                “Yes.” He went beside Krystal and placed his hand on her waist to make it seem like they are together. Krystal jumped a little at his action but she realized she must act like it’s a normal thing. “Sooyoung noona is best friends with Jonghyun hyung’s noona, Hyoyeon noona.”

                “I’ll leave you two first.” Jonghyun then went away from them.

                “You didn’t tell me you knew him” Krystal accused Minho.

                “I didn’t even know this is Jonghyun hyung’s party until now.” Both of them are busy bickering but Minho’s hand was still at her waist and both of them didn’t notice it. From afar they looked like a couple having a playful bickering with the close proximity.

                “Minho? Krystal?” A familiar female voice broke in their conversation. Minho suddenly took his hand off Krystal’s waist when they saw who it was.

                “Noona?!”

                “I didn’t know both of you would be here.” Sooyoung said. She saw the two in the party. She went to them with Hyoyeon.

                “Jonghyun probably invited Minho here. Is she your girlfriend? She looks familiar.” Hyoyeon cut in and asked Minho.

                “I see you’ve already met Minho’s girlfriend, noona. She’s the maknae of the Jung sisters.” Again, Jonghyun managed to appear out of nowhere.

                “Ah...that’s why she’s so pretty. I’m friends with both of your unnie.” Hyoyeon addressed Krystal.

                “Noona, mom and dad are looking for you.”

                “Oh...I’ll go to them. Come with me, Sooyoung.” Hyoyeon then turned to the ‘couple’. “We’ll be back.” She then walked ahead and pulled Sooyoung with her.

                “We’ll talk later.” Sooyoung mouthed to them.

 

________________________

 

                Ding Dong. Ding Dong. “Unnie, please get the door. I’m inside the bathroom right now.” Yoona shouted from the bathroom. She just arrived from a shoot. Jessica informed her about Minho and Krystal’s ‘date’ as Jessica would like to call it like that. “Just a second.” Jessica said as she slowly made her way to the door. As soon as she opened the door, she was shocked at first but then she smiled at the newly arrived visitor.

                “Jessi, I’m back!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Thank you for reading...=)

sorry for any mistakes...

 

 

***if there are SONEs out there reading this, i think you already know who the visitor might be since there's only one person who calls Jessica 'Jessi'.....=)