[19] The Yearning

Obliviously Yours [+1]

 

                “Oh. There you are.” Sulli said as Krystal entered their classroom. “We’ve been waiting for you.”

                “Why?” She approached them.

                “Taemin was looking for Minho.” Sulli noticed that no one was behind Krystal. “No Minho? Where’s he?”

                “I don’t know. I was a bit late this morning I thought he went to school before me so he won’t get a tardy mark.”

                “No matter how late you are he always waits for you.” Luna stated. “Where could he be? Maybe, he’ll be absent today.”

                “Maybe. I’ll tell Taemin.” Sulli went to look for Taemin. Krystal went out of the classroom and tried to contact Minho. His phone can’t be reached. She tried a couple of times more but still it can’t be reached.

                The day went by with them not knowing where Minho was or why was he absent. Classes were already done and they were chatting outside their classroom. Onew suddenly approached them. “Did you know?” He asked. All looked baffled with his question.

                “What is it, oppa?” Luna asked.

                “I was informed that Minho went to U.S. this morning.”

                “What?” Krystal was alarmed by Onew’s information.

                “You didn’t know? One of your sisters was there to see him off. I thought I was the only one uninformed.” He shook his head in disbelief.

                “I’ll go now.” Krystal quickly said and immediately made her way home.

 

________________________

 

              “You knew yet you didn’t tell me.” Krystal blamed the first person she saw inside their house, Yoona.

               “What are you...” Yoona didn’t know what she was talking about at first but then it dawned into her. She already knows about Minho’s departure. “I wanted to tell you.”

           “But you didn’t, unnie. You didn’t.” Krystal doesn’t know why but she was feeling anger towards her sisters because of keeping something from her. Was it so important that I’m feeling anger? She asked herself. Yes.

                “Yes, I didn’t. I’m sorry, maknae-ah.” Yoona apologized.

                “Don’t blame her. I told her not to tell you because we promised Minho.” Jessica butted in. Krystal gave them a disappointed look before proceeding to her room. She slammed her door and sat on her bed. She can’t explain what she was feeling at the moment. Then there was a knock on her door but she chose to ignore it. The door opened revealing a very regretful Yoona.

                “Soojung-ah, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. Believe me I wanted to but we made a promise not to.”

                “But I’m your sister, unnie.”

                “I know. I should’ve told you.” Yoona felt guiltier. Krystal saw her sister’s face. I shouldn’t blame it on them.

                “You just did what you promised to do, unnie. I’m sorry. I just don’t know what’s happening to me right now.”

                “Don’t be sorry.” Yoona held out a small mp3 player to her. “Minho asked me to give this to you.” Yoona then exited her room. Krystal stared at it for awhile thinking if she should listen to it or not. After battling with herself for a minute or so, she connected it to the talking speaker that Minho gave her. She pressed play.

“Soojung-ah, hello. I don’t know what to say at all.”He laughed. “It feels weird to talk to you like this.” He paused for awhile. “Okay, here it goes. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to fetch you this morning. I have a flight to catch. I’m going to your parents and try to win them over to call our engagement off.” Hearing this, she felt a little ache on her heart. “Your Jessica unnie warned me about how hard it is to change your father’s mind. But don’t worry I’ll try...no, I’ll do everything to make him come around and bring you good news.” The ache grew bigger. Tears started to blur her vision and threatened to fall from eyes. “That’s why I don’t know how long would I stay there. I didn’t tell you this because I don’t want to be a burden to you anymore. I assure you, I won’t go home unless I’m bringing you good news.” Her tears started flowing. “One more thing. I wanted to tell you this and I should have had a long time ago but I don’t want you to be burdened by it so just forget about it after hearing it.” Again he paused. She waited. “I love you.” He said softly. It was so soft that if she wasn’t paying attention, she would think that she was just hearing things. It was so soft that if she didn’t see that the head and the mouth of the stuffed toy moved, she would doubt that she heard something.

                I love you. She cried even more as it echoed over and over in her mind. She knew how he felt for her for a long time now. She sensed it through his actions towards her and on how he looks at her. She just kept on denying it to herself. She kept on telling herself that he was like that because they were best friends since they were kids. She was terrified of the truth. Why? She doesn’t know the answer to that question. Maybe because she’s confused. She feels insecure. And most of all she was afraid. Afraid to be hurt and to hurt Minho. Afraid that she might lose him if things doesn’t work out right.

 

________________________

 

                Days passed, still he was not back. She tried calling him but his phone was off. She realized how life could be so incomplete without Minho around.

                Her sisters and Sooyoung planned to have a sleepover at the Choi’s. A bonding thing they do when they have time. She had a chance to escape the older girls’ attenton. She entered his room and saw his phone on his desk. That’s why he never answered. Her eyes travelled around the room and it landed to a familiar bow tie. She remembered that was what he wore on that party. He danced with her that night. The one wearing a black dress.  She remembered their conversation. Realization came into her. He was not a liar. There was someone who was wearing a black dress and that was her. Her eyes went back to his desk as she recognized a paper bag placed on a corner of its top.  That was the paper bag from Luna. She got curios of its contents so she moved towards it and grabbed it. She took a peek on what’s inside. She can’t believe what she saw. It was SHINee albums. She took the albums out and looked at it skeptically.

                “You couldn’t believe it too, huh?” A voice startled her. “I never thought he would listen to their songs. I don’t know how or why he became interested in them.” Sooyoung continued as she approached Krystal. “By any chance, are you a fan of them?” Sooyoung playfully questioned her. She nodded her head. “Ah...maybe, that’s why.”

                “Unnie...”

                “Hmm?”

                “I’m sorry.”

                “Huh? What for?”

                “I feel like I’m responsible for making Minho go to U.S. and for making him go against your parents’ will.”

                “It’s not your fault. That’s what he wanted. Also, he didn’t go against our parents’ will. If Minho wants the engagement to be called off, all he needs to do is ask and our parents would be okay with it. Don’t feel guilty about anything.” Sooyoung smiled at her to show her sincerity. “I have one thing to ask though.”

                “What is it, unnie?”

                “Did my brother never really had a chance to be your boyfriend? I mean like, did you not ever consider him to be a potential guy that can be your boyfriend?”

                Sooyoung’s question made her think. “A...” Before she could answer Sooyoung spoke.

                “You don’t have to answer that. Why did I even ask you that kind of question?” Again Sooyoung smiled at her dismissing the question. As the answer became clear to her, tears started to flow from her eyes. She hugged Sooyoung who was shocked by her sudden cry. “Hey, why are you crying?” Sooyoung tried to soothe her. “Is he that bad, huh? That kid, he really does at a lot of things, doesn’t he?” Sooyoung joked to lighten the mood up. Krystal ardently shook her head to show her objection to Sooyoung’s last statement.

                “YAH! Choi Sooyoung! Why are you making my little sister cry?” A voice interrupted them. Jessica and Yoona entered the room. “I’ll make you pay for making her cry.” Jessica continued her playful scolding.

 

________________________

 

                It’s almost two weeks already since Minho went to U.S. Krystal went through everyday normally though sadness can be seen from her face.

                “I heard Minho-ssi is back.” Jessica blurted out. The three sisters were having dinner. Krystal’s ear perked up with interest when she heard the name ‘Minho’.

                “Yes, I saw him earlier.” Yoona answered. This made Krystal look at her sisters.

                “Minho?” Krystal questioned.

                “Yes, Lee Minho-ssi just got back.” Jessica replied. Her answer disheartened Krystal. It was another ‘Minho’. Yoona noticed Krystal’s reaction to their conversation.  “When will you shoot your CF?” Jessica asked Yoona.

                “After tomorrow, I guess.”

                “Unnie, I’ll go to my room now.” Krystal stood up and went to her room.

                “You just have to ask don’t you?” Yoona exasperatedly looked at Jessica. She also stood up.

                “What did I do? I was just asking about your work.” Jessica innocently uttered. Yoona walked out on her. “YAH! Who will wash the dishes?” She shouted.

                “Wash them yourself!” Yoona shouted back.

                Upstairs, Krystal was already preparing to go to sleep and was looking for something to wear in her closet when she saw a specific hoodie. Don’t be scared. I’ll always be here. She remembered Minho again. She decided to wear that hoodie to sleep.

 

________________________

 

haru tto haru na saragadaga

day after day as I live my life

geudae ireume tto nunmuri namyeon

I get teary after hearing his name

 

                Krystal was pulled to a noraebang by Sulli and Luna to have fun. And now Luna was singing a sad song and was pulling Krystal to sing with her. She got up and sang with her. Taking in the lyrics of the song made her sadder. After a number of songs more, they all went home.

                Krystal was doing her homework inside her room when she heard her sisters were having fun  singing with their newly bought home karaoke. What’s with karaoke today? She asked herself. She heard her sister sing one of her songs.

 

nal saranghandamyeon dwedorabwajwoyo jogeumman deo ppali geudae

If you love me, look back at me, just a little faster

heundeulligi jeone ta eobseojigi jeone nae soneul jaba jwoyo

Hold my hand before I move on, before my love dies out

 

                Again with the lyrics. It’s making her sad. It’s like their song choices are meant for her. After awhile the music and her sister’s singing stopped. “Soojung! Come down here. We have a visitor.” Jessica called for her. She went downstairs and saw the guy she was longing to see.

                “Hello, Soojung.” He smiled at her, making her heart skip a beat.

                “Minho.” That’s the only word she uttered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

sorry for any mistakes...

thank you for reading...=)

 

sitinur ~did my writing style changed? maybe, it's just because i was excited about something these past few days or it's just because the last two chapters were inspired by the song 7989 that's why it's a bit different....i don't know if i could continue with it though...=)

 

 

that's all for this chapter...THANK YOU to you all...=)

i'll sit here and wait for your comments...

                                                                          

 

 

 

 

nah...just kidding..i'll start with the next chapter and post it as soon as it's done...=)