[10] The Jealousy

Obliviously Yours [+1]

 

                “You want to have ice cream, right? I know a great ice cream parlor near here.” Krystal said. She wants to divert Sulli’s attention.

                “Don’t you want to go inside the cafe? Let’s join Luna and Minho there.” Sulli said attempting to open the door of the cafe. But Krystal was faster and she pulled Sulli away from the door.

                “Let’s go to the ice cream parlor instead. I heard they have a new product there. Come on.” Krystal insisted. And since Sulli was being forcefully pulled, she just went with her. They’ve arrived in the said ice cream parlor and as Krystal said it really is great. There are a wide variety of ice cream flavors to choose from and also a wide variety of toppings to pair your ice cream with. They both ordered their desired flavors and sat down on one of the store’s tables. Sulli was observing Krystal while eating. She seems to be a little bit too quiet since they went to that ice cream parlor. She might not be as talkative as Luna normally but she's not that quiet either. “Krystal.” Sulli waved her hand in front of Krystal’s face. She still seemed to be spacing out. “Krystal.” Sulli now snapped her fingers in front of Krystal. This somehow got Krystal’s attention.

                “Oh. You were saying something?” Krystal asked.

                “You’re here in front of me but your mind seemed to be out there somewhere. Are you okay?”

                “I’m fine.” She stated in English. “So how’s your secret admirer? Don’t you think he’s just messing with you?”

                “I don’t think so. His letters seem to be sincere. Also, he said he’ll reveal himself soon. He just needs to gather some more courage to do it.”

                “He’ll reveal himself soon?” NO!!! “Do you think you’ll like him? Maybe, he’s not all that, you know.”

                “He gives the impression of a sweet guy.”

                He is but you can’t like him. “Don’t tell me you like him already.” Say no. Say no.

                “Not really. But we’ll see.” Sulli smiled mischievously.

 

________________________

 

                “You are with...” Sulli tried to tell Luna that she and Krystal saw Luna and Minho in the cafe but Krystal cut her off. And gave her a look that says ‘dont tell her we saw them’. “So you’ve met that someone you were saying?” Krystal said instead.

                “Yup. I was able to meet him. We had coffee.” Luna answered. “We talked about...”

                “You don’t have to tell us. I’ll go to the restroom first.” Krystal said then she walked away.

                “What’s with her?” Luna asked Sulli about Krystal’s sudden weird reaction.

                “I really don’t know. I asked her she said she was fine.”

                “She doesn’t look fine though. Anyways, as I was saying...” Luna continued to narrate what she and Minho did and talked about. Then Sulli had an inkling of why Krystal was acting like that.

 

________________________

 

                “Yah, what’s with you? You’re unusually quiet.” Minho asked Krystal. They are on their way home. He insisted on still accompanying her home even though they don't do high jump practice anymore. He said that since they finish their own things to do at almost the same time, he would still accompany her home. Also, it’s like a habit to both of them to go home with each other as companion.

                “Nothing.” She answered in English. A few more steps they’re already in front of her house. “I’ll go inside now. Bye.”

                “Okay. Good night.”

______________________

 

                As days passed, Krystal was happy that somehow she and Taemin are getting a bit closer to each other since she became a part of his group. But then she noticed that Minho and Luna are suspiciously getting closer and it seems like they are hiding something. They have a secret that she doesn’t know about. And it bugs her because she can’t explain why it agitates her. I thought best friends don’t have secrets with each other. She thought to herself.

                “Krystal, you are spacing out again.” Luna said.

                “What’s with you, really?” Sulli added.

                “Nothing. What’s that?” Krystal pointed at the box of chicken that Luna is holding.

                “Oh. This? It’s for Dubu. Now, you reminded me of it. I gotta go now. See you at lunch.” Luna hurriedly said.

                “Dubu?” Sulli voiced out.

             Tch. Dubu? Is that what she calls him? Krystal on the other hand thought. He’s not that fond of chicken. He likes ramyun.

 

________________________

 

                At lunch, Luna and Sulli are seated beside each other and on the other side of the table Krystal is seated in between of Minho and Taemin. “Let me get that for you.” Krystal said as she wiped the small dirt  near Minho’s lips. Minho jumped a little at her sudden and intimate action though he liked it, it intrigues him why Krystal would do that especially in front of their friends.

                “What’s with you?” Minho whispered.

                “Didn’t you see?  Jonghyun-ssi passed by. Remember, you are my boyfriend in front of him.” Krystal whispered back.

                “Oh.” Minho disappointedly uttered. He’s getting his hopes up again when it shouldn’t.

                “Minho, here’s what you asked for.” Luna interrupted them. She then passed a paper bag to Minho.

                “Thank you.” He smiled.

                “Minho, don’t wait for me later, okay. I’ll go home by myself. I’m already finished. I’ll go first.” Krystal announced then she stood up and took her leave.

 

________________________

 

                On his way home, Minho saw a familiar figure sitting on one of the swings in the playground near their street. He decided to approach the person. “What are you doing here?” He asked the person.

                “I should be the one asking you that question. What are you doing here? Don’t you have something else to do like maybe go and meet up with Luna?” Krystal retorted. Minho can see her slightly annoyed face. He softly laughed and he began to push the swing that she was sitting on.

                “Why would I be meeting up with her?”

                “I don’t know. You tell me. That’s what you’ve been doing for almost a week now.”

                “Are you jealous?”

                “Why would I be?” She scoffed at him.

                “Don’t worry your still my best friend.” He smiled at her and took a sit on the next swing to hers. “She just asked for my help since I’m friends with Onew hyung. I didn’t know she likes that Dubu so much.” Minho laugh at what he said like it’s impossible for Luna to like someone like Onew.

                So, he’s Dubu and the box of chicken was for him. Krystal managed a small smile as she realized that it was for Onew, Luna’s long time crush. She felt like something has lifted a burden that she’s carrying. “Oh.” That’s her only reply.

                “Come on. I’ll take you home. It’s dark already and your sisters might get angry at me when your home late.” Minho said as he jumped off of the swing like what they both used to do when they were kids. Krystal did the same and as she landed she got off balance. Fortunately, Minho’s reflexes were fast and he was able to catch her before she fall face flat on the ground. Krystal found herself staring directly at Minho’s eyes and their faces are uncomfortably too close for her. When Minho realized the very little distance between their faces, he looked away and cleared his throat. “Uhmm...let’s go.” He nervously uttered because his heart was rapidly beating.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

thank you for reading....

sorry for any mistakes....i know the last scene was a cliché one, i hope it's okay with you...=D

...sorry it this chapter doesn't have a title....as of now i can't think of any...any suggestions?