[7] The Pretend Boyfriend

Obliviously Yours [+1]

 

                “I said would it be okay if we get to know each other?” Kim Jonghyun, the unfamiliar guy, repeated.

                “I’m sorry but I already like someone else. We could be friends though.” Krystal declined.

                “I saw you on T.V. yesterday. You don’t have a boyfriend yet nor a suitor.” Jonghyun said. Hearing this, Krystal is inwardly blaming her sisters for forcing her to guest on that show. This is what she hates the most. “I’m really sorry but I have to go now. Bye.” She hurriedly excused herself and went straight to the gym.

                “You’re in a hurry. Why? Are you running away from someone?” Minho asked in concern as he saw Krystal entered the gym, catching her breath.

                “Don’t mind me. Let’s start.” She dismissed.

 

________________________

 

                A week passed and the unfamiliar guy was still consistent in asking Krystal if they could get to know each other more. Krystal on the other hand was consistent on avoiding him. She’d do anything just to avoid him. She doesn’t know why she refuses the guy’s request but to her it’s just friendship that she could offer. She thought that maybe it’s because of her feelings for Taemin which nobody knows about.

                One afternoon she was again left alone walking along the hall. Yet again out of a sudden Jonghyun stood before her. It’s like a déjà vu of last week’s scene. “Hi, Krystal-ssi.” Jonghyun greeted.

                “Jonghyun-ssi, hello. I already told you, let’s just be friends.”

                “Why? Don’t I look good enough to be your boyfriend?”

                “It’s not that...” Krystal think of some excuse, she thought.

                “Then what? There’s nothing wrong to get to know each other since we both are single.”

                “Actually, I have a boyfriend...” she blurted out of panic.

                “You have?”

                “Yes, I do have one. That’s why it’s only friendship that I can offer you.” She continued her lie since she already started it why not go with it until the end.

                “Really? I don’t believe you. You’re just making an excuse.”

                “I’m not making an excuse. I’ll introduce him to you if you want to.” ...what did I just say? You’re just making it worse. Krystal mentally reprimanded herself.

                “Then I’ll be glad to meet him. I’m having a party on Saturday. I’m inviting you and please bring your boyfriend there.” Jonghyun said and handed Krystal and invitation. “See you there.” Jonghyun smiled and walked ahead.

                “Babo, Soo Jung. You’re in trouble now.” Krystal mumbled while hitting herself on the forehead with her fist.

 

________________________

 

                “Earth to Soo Jung.” Minho waved his hand in front of Krystal’s face. He was talking for a while now when he noticed that there’s no reaction from her. He observed her and she looked like someone who’s in big debt and can’t think of a way to payback. “Tell me.” He said.

                “Tell you what?” Krystal answered but still she’s in deep thoughts.

                “You have a problem, right? Tell me what it is.”

                “I don’t have a problem.” She said in English.

                “Liar.” Minho said and that made Krystal look at him. She glared at him. She contemplated for a second. Minho gave her a nod that tells her to speak up and say the truth.

                “Fine. I do have a problem.”

                “Then tell me. Let me help you.” She again was in deep thinking. Can Minho really help her? Of course he can. He always does. Never had he let her down.

                “Be my boyfriend.” She said. Minho’s face was a sight to see. His face displayed shocked and displayed that made Krystal want to laugh though she stopped herself from doing so. “Not for real. Just a pretend one.”

                “Ah...” Minho managed to sigh after the shock. He thought it was for real that he doesn’t know how he would react to it. As much as he wants to be Krystal’s boyfriend he knows that Krystal doesn’t like him in that way. “I think I can’t help you with that.” He said. He’s afraid to act ‘cause he might take it seriously.

                “Why not? Please, Minho.”

                “You know I’m not good at acting. We might be caught.” What a lame excuse. He thought.

                “Please help your best friend. Just this once. Please, Minho. Please. Please. Please.” Krystal pleaded showing her puppy dog like eyes to him. “I’ll do your English assignments. Please.” She said with a pout.

                Aish~how can I resist that look you just put on? “Fine. You promise to help me out in English, okay?” Minho surrendered to her pleading look.

                “Thank you!!!! I promise to help you. Thanks!!!!” Krystal hugged him because of so much joy. “Be ready on Saturday. We’re going to a party. Dress to kill, Mr. Flaming Charisma, huh?”

                “What for?”

                “Of course, my boyfriend should be the best looking guy there.”

                ‘My boyfriend’ That’s pleasant to here from her. If only it was true. “Okay. Go inside now. It’s getting cold.” He said instead. He must stop his daydreaming.

                “Thanks again. Bye. See you.” Krystal smiled at him and went inside.

                “Good night.” He said. It’s going to be a long night on Saturday. He thought on his way home.

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Thank you for reading...i hope you enjoyed it....

sorry for any mistakes...=)