[12] The Confession

Obliviously Yours [+1]

 

                “We don’t have practice on Friday, right?” Krystal asked Taemin.

                “About that...yes, we don’t have any but I have a favor to ask.” He said.

                “What is that?”

                “Can you learn the choreography of this song and still meet us on Friday?” Taemin handed her a cd.

                “On Friday?...uhmm...well...” Krystal was contemplating. She promised Minho that she would help him on his English assignment on that day but she’s thinking that she can’t say no to Taemin. Minho would understand...No! I promised him. She thought. “I’m sorry Taemin but I made a promise with Minho that I’ll help him on that day. I’m sorry.” She apologetically said.

                “Oh. Don’t feel so down about it. It’s okay.” He smiled at her.

                He’s so considerate. “Okay. I’m sorry again. I’ll see you then, bye.”

 

________________________

 

                “I’ve always wondered why you and Sooyeon noona are fluent and good in English.” Minho uttered. It’s already Friday. He and Krystal are now in the school’s park like place. They are seated in one of the bench and tables there.

                “Since we have a business in the U.S., my dad wants the first heiress to know English and that’s Sooyeon unnie. But then Sooyeon unnie decided to be a singer and the second heiress followed her by deciding to be an actress. Yoong unnie was never interested in business that’s why ever since she was in grade school instead of studying English she trained so hard to become an actress. And all that lead to me receiving the English lessons that made me this fluent in that language.” She explained.

                Not so far from where they were, Sulli was standing in the middle of the park. She was supposed to meet Taemin there about ten minutes ago. He asked her to tutor him in Math and she said yes since Taemin has been a good friend to her.  Abruptly, her phone rang.

                “Hello?” She answered.

                “Sulli, are you there already? I’m sorry. I’m running late. I’m really sorry.” Taemin said.

                “It is okay, Taemin. Are you still coming?”

                “Yes, I’ll be there. I’m really sorry.”

                “Okay. I’ll wait for you here. Bye.”

                “Thank you. Bye.”

                She put down her phone and waited. A guy wearing a Reppo II Backpack then passed by her. ‘No Other’ by Super Junior was played loudly from that speaker. Then suddenly a number of people started dancing to it in front of her. She was shocked at first but then she was entertained watching the number of people grew a little more. It’s like a mini flash mob.

                The loud sound and the pack of people caught Minho’s and Krystal’s attention. “What’s happening there? Is that like a mini flash mob?” Krystal asked her companion.

                “I think so. Is that Taemin?”

                Taemin really was there. He was the one in the middle. Every time everybody was down as the choreography goes he’s the only one left standing. He also sang along with the song. Sulli was even more shocked to see Taemin in the crowd and it seemed like he was the one who leads it. At the end of the song, Taemin pulled out a single red rose and offered it to Sulli. She then remembered.

                The morning of the same day, she opened her locker and to her surprise she only saw a little card. It was not accompanied by a rose like all the other days. Then she read what was inside the card.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Please let me be

the ONE for you.

                                           -the man with the single red rose

                Earlier, she was a little bit confused by what that card is for. Now, after what she saw, she doesn’t know what to feel or how to react. “You...” That’s the only word she said as Taemin went closer to her.

                “Yes, me. The man with the single red rose.” He smiled sweetly at her. She accepted his single red rose.

                “Why? How?”

                “You may not remember this but more than a year ago we bumped into each other inside a record shop. I saw you listened to one of the individual cd players there then you bought one album. I went to that specific player and listened to the song that you played last. And that’s...”

                “That’s ‘No Other’ by Super Junior. That’s why you seemed familiar.” Realization came into her.

 

________________________

 

                As soon as Minho saw the red rose in Taemin’s hand, he pulled Krystal up, gathered and carried their things and dragged her out of there. He can see her pained expression. Seeing it, makes him hurt too that’s why he yanked her and took her somewhere else. He took her near the Banpo Bridge. They’re now in front of the Han River. “You can shout now.” Minho said. He knows that when she’s upset, shouting out loud makes her feel better.

                “AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” Krystal yelled as loud as she can. She yelled as many times as she can. Minho knew how she feels and it pained him even more. Again she yelled for the nth time, he can’t take it anymore and he pulled her on his embrace. He badly wants to take away her pain and if he can’t, at least he wants her to share it with him. He tried to soothe her as he ran his one hand up and down her back and the other one’s holding her tight and close.

             She found his action calming. She felt better in his embrace. It’s like he took the ache inside her away as he hugged her tight.

                After a few more minutes, they sat down on a nearby bench. It was already dark and the Moonlight Rainbow Fountain was enlightening the city. They were both quiet for a long time now. “It hurts me to see you like that...” Minho started. His eyes were still glued to the colorful fountain in front of them. He didn’t want to look at Krystal because he might lose his courage. “Soojung-ah, I’ve been meaning to tell you this for a long time now. Since we were kids, I’ve always...” He halted as he felt a sudden load that hit his shoulder. He turned to see what it was. He smiled. It was Krystal’s head. She’s deeply asleep. He put away a stray strand of hair on her face and pulled her closer so she’d be in much comfortable position. “You didn’t hear anything.” He talked to the sleeping figure beside him. “I’ll let you sleep for a while.” He said as he again watched the beautiful bridge fountain.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

thank you for reading...=)

sorry for any mistakes....