[18.2] The Date [Minho]

Obliviously Yours [+1]

 

                “Minho!” Yoona said in shock as she saw Minho standing in front of their door one afternoon. “What are you doing here? Soojung is not here yet.”

                “Actually, noona, I’m here to talk to you and Jessica noona. Would that be okay?”

                “Sure. Come in.” She lead him inside and let him sit on the couch. “Wait here for awhile.” She went to get him something to drink and also she called Jessica.

                “So what is it?” Jessica asked. All three of them were sitting in the living room.

                “I just want to notify you two that I’ll go to U.S. to ask your parents to call off the engagement.”

                “What? What about your parents? Did they approve of this?” Yoona questioned.

                “I told them already. They said if I’m able to persuade your parents to call it off then they would agree with it.”

                “Why are you going to do this?” Yoona again asked.

                “Our father is a person who is hard to persuade. Once he already made his decision, it would be very hard to change it.” Jessica simply stated. To Minho, it sounded like a warning.

                “It’s for Soojung.”

                “For Soojung?” Yoona can’t understand his reason.

                “She doesn’t need someone who clings on to her like a puppy. I’m just being a burden. She’d be happy to have this engagement off.”

                “You’re not a puppy, Minho. Soojung said you’re a frog.” Jessica joked. Though she really meant to tell him that what he thinks of himself was wrong.

                “Unnie!” Yoona reprimanded her. But somehow it made Minho smile.

                “I was just joking. See, it made him smile. When are you leaving?”

                “Three days from now.”

                “But you can’t go now. What about your school? Why don’t you just wait for some more weeks or maybe months?” Yoona was trying her best to stop Minho.

                “I’ve settled things in school, noona.” He tried to smile at the two. “Please don’t tell Soojung about this.”

                “But Minho...don’t do this.” Yoona pleaded. She turned to Jessica. “Unnie, help me out here.”

                “We promise not to tell Soojung.” Jessica ignored Yoona. “Good luck on your mission to change our father’s decision.” Yoona stayed silent. She can’t believe her sister was just letting things happen.

                “Thank you, noona. One more thing.”

                “What is it?”

                “I would like to ask your permission, can I take Soojung out tomorrow?”

                “Okay. Sure.”

 

________________________

 

                He saw Krystal sitting on a bench from afar. He decided to approach her but then he saw someone who covered her eyes. It’s was Key. Kim Kibum, Krystal’s partner on that ice skating competition when they were younger. The guy that Krystal was crushing on before Taemin. The guy that he was jealous of. Key’s family moved to U.S. just after the said competition and now it’s already been a week since he came back. Krystal had been spending almost the whole day of everyday with him. She even calls him ‘Kibum-ie’ and not ‘Key’ like everyone else does. Looks like my decision was just right since you already found your prince. You won’t need a knight anymore. He thought to himself as he watched the two laughing with each other. I’m sure he can make you happy. You’re always smiling when your with him. Finally, he got near to them and Krystal noticed him. Key turned to him and greeted him. He greeted him back. “I see you’re talking. I might be interrupting something. I’ll just talk to you later.” He turned around not wanting to be a disturbance.

                “No. I was leaving already. You two go and have a talk.” He heard Key said. “Bye. See you around.” Key bid to Krystal. He took the empty space beside her.

                “So, what is it?”

                “I wanted to ask you something.” He was contemplating if he should still ask her out.

                “Go ahead. Don’t worry I don’t bite.”

                “A...uhmm...are you free tomorrow?” He summoned all his courage just to ask her that.

               “Tomorrow? Yes, I am. Why?”

              “Can you go on a date with me?” He saw her eyes went wide. Babo. Don’t say date. She won’t go with you. Take it back. He berated himself. “Uhmm...no...let’s not call it a date. Not a date, I’ll rephrase my question. Can you hang out with me tomorrow?”

                “Sure.” She smiled at him. “Where are we going?”

                “Anywhere you want to.”

                “Okay.”

               “Thank you.” He smiled in relief. He can’t believe that they’ll be going out tomorrow.

 

 

________________________

 

                He fetched her from her house. He was glad that Krystal’s sisters kept their promise but still Jessica kept on teasing them two. When he asked her where to go, she said she would like to tour around Myeong-dong and now they’re walking along with lots of people on Myeong-dong. He noticed she was smiling since they left her house. Maybe, she’s still having a hangover of her past week that she spent with Key. He sadly thought. Added to that sad thought of his was the fact that their engagement would not last long. He would return to being just a best friend to her.

                She kept on dragging him to different shops. She’s walking on a fast pace while he was walking slowly. He wanted to savor every minute of this ‘date’ with her. He wanted it to last long that’s why he was walking slowly.

                As their so called date went by, he momentarily forgot about the things that made him sad. He was enjoying every single thing that he was doing with her. He was dragged to every single shop there is. Then they took so many pictures at the Media Art and photo zone of the N Seoul Tower.

                They went up to the Analogue Observatory to have a snack. As he was waiting for their orders to be served, he took it as a chance to stare at her. This is how it would feel like to watch you from afar. I’ll have to get used to this from now on. “Here’s your order, Sir.” The employee’s voice disturbed him from his musing.

                “Thank you.” He said and went towards her. “Here. Mango flavor, your favorite.” He handed her the cup of ice cream and sat beside her.

                “Thanks. What’s yours?” She asked.

                “Chocolate chip cookie dough.” He said staring at her.

                “Oh. Seoul is really beautiful at night.” She said looking at the scenic view in front of them. He continued on staring at her. “You want some?” He heard her asked. He was shocked by her offer that he didn’t realize that he nodded his head. She then fed him with a spoonful of Mango flavored ice cream. “It’s yummy, huh?” She smiled at him. He doesn’t know how to react but he can feel his cheeks getting hot. There's no doubt he’s blushing.

                After awhile, he was again taken aback by her action. She suddenly leaned to him and rested her head on his shoulder. He then bravely tried something he never thought he would be able to do. He put his arms around her and slightly pulled her closer. Don’t pull away. He prayed. His prayer was answered, Krystal welcomed his action. After awhile, he decided to break their silence. “Do you want to see the city in a closer view? We can go up to the Digital Observatory and use the telescopes.” He regretted what he said. How could he have said that, he’s still taking pleasure of this moment.

                ” No. It’s fine here.” Her answer made him feel at ease.

 

________________________

 

 

                As they were walking home, he tried another bold move. He walked beside her and reached for her hand, laced his fingers with hers. Sadness went back to him as he realized that it’s already the end of the day. He knew she was looking at him but he could not hide his sadness.

                “Just for awhile let me hold your hand.” I won’t be able to hold it again.  He continued in his mind. She nodded. He was thankful for it. “We’re here already. Thank you for hanging out with me.” He said not wanting to let go of her hand.

                “Thank you too.”

                “Good night.” He finally let go.

                “Good night.” She answered back. He can’t believe what she just said.

                “That’s a first.” He stated. “You never said ‘Good night.’ to me before.”

                “Then I’ll say it again. Good night.” She smiled at him. That made him melt inside. “Go now. It’s getting late.”

 

_________________________

 

                Knock. Knock. Someone knocked on his bedroom door. “Come in.” He said while packing his clothes that he would be bringing.

                “Minho, are you sure about this?” Sooyoung said as she entered his room. Jessica called her and asked her if she could somehow still stop her brother. She had already tried when he asked permission from their parents. She wanted to try again, maybe this time he’ll come around. “Is this what you want?”

                “Yes, noona.”

                “There’s just two months left on the grace period given on you two. You’ll be officially engaged by then. You just have to wait a little more then you’ll be able to have her.”

                “That’s why I’m doing this. I can’t wait for two more months. I’m afraid by that time I won’t be able to control myself and become a greedy who will selfishly own her and not let her go even if she’s not happy with me. I don’t want that to happen, noona.”

                “It’s still two months. You don’t know what could happen. She might love you back.”

                “For her to love me back, that’s an impossible dream, I’m fully aware of that.”

                “Minho...”

              “Don’t worry, noona. This is for everybody’s sake.” Sooyoung hugged him tight. She felt really sad for her brother.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

sorry for any mistakes....

thank you for reading...=)