[16] The __________

Obliviously Yours [+1]

 

                “Unnie, hurry up!” Yoona shouted. She and Krystal were standing beside their front door waiting for Jessica. They were all dressed up for a Chinese New Year Ball open for all celebrities and whoever they want to invite.

                “Just a sec! I’m almost done.” Jessica shouted back while climbing down the stairs.

                “Faster, unnie. My feet are starting to hurt already.” Krystal whined.

                “Fine. Fine. Let’s go. What about our dates?”

                “Your dates? They’ve been waiting for a long time already.” Krystal pointed at the two men in suits leaning on a car outside their house.

                “What about your date?” Yoona ogled Krystal.

                “Yeah, where’s Minho?” Jessica added.

                “He’s not my date, unnie. Let’s just go now.” Krystal replied coldly and proceeded to the car awaiting them.

                “Just weeks ago she was acting like a girlfriend taking care of him while he’s still injured and now she’s being cold again. What’s with your sister, really?” Jessica said shaking her head disappointedly.

                “My sister? For your information, she’s your sister too. She’s actually more of like you, unnie. At times, she’s cold just like you.” Yoona stuck her tongue out to Jessica and walked to the car.

                “Yah! She looks more like you!”

 

________________________

 

                They arrived at the ball location. Krystal was left alone by her sisters and their dates as they mingled with other celebrities around.

                “The princess looks exquisite tonight.” A voice from behind startled her. She really does look beautiful in her black tube knee-length dress. She turned around to see the owner of the voice –though she already knows whose is it— smiling at her. She was shocked to see a dashing guy with a charming smile in front of her. He looked handsome with his side swept hair and wearing a suit with a black and white bow tie.

                “You don’t look bad yourself too.” She gave him a small smile to mask her real reaction to his looks.

                “I see you two have talked about what to wear, huh? You’re dressed to match each other.” Luna said coming from behind. She was accompanied by Sulli.

                “No. We didn’t plan this.” Krystal denied. Luna doubted her so she looked at Minho for any reaction. He moved his head from side to side to support Krystal’s statement.

                “Really? That would be more interesting.” Sulli said. The ‘couple’ had unreadable facial reactions.

                “Minho, do you mind? We’ll take Krystal for a bit.” Luna asked.

                “No. Go ahead. You don’t really have to ask permission.” Minho answered.

                “Why are you asking for his permission?” Krystal asked as Luna and Sulli are pulling her somewhere else. Minho decided to go have something to drink.

 

________________________

 

                “Look at him.” Sooyoung stated referring to her brother being alone and just observing Krystal talking to her friend from afar. “How can he have her if he’s just looking from afar? Even when there’s competition, he’s still like that. Are you sure Taemin doesn’t like Soojung in romantic kind of way?” She asked Tiffany. The two of them together with Jessica and Yoona are seated in one table monitoring Minho’s moves.

                “No. Taemin is courting my sister.” Tiffany replied.

                “If that’s so then, let’s have Soojung’s attention be at Minho. But how?” Sooyoung questioned the three.

                “Let’s make her jealous.” Jessica stated.

                “How so? Are you even sure she’d be jealous?” Tiffany inquired.

                “She’ll be. We just need the right girl to make her jealous.” Jessica said.

                “The Kwons.” Yoona uttered.

                “That’s right. Let’s get the Kwon sisters to make her jealous.” Sooyoung agreed. The Kwon sisters are the famous duo in show business. Both are beautiful in their own way; one being y looking and one being innocent looking.

                “Okay. I’ll talk to them.” Jessica stood up and made her way to where the siblings were.

 

________________________

 

                “Can I ask you two a favor?” Jessica said.

                “Sure. What’s that?” Yuri, the older Kwon, replied.

                “I need your help. Can you two please talk to him?” Jessica pointed at Minho. “Even just for a bit.”

                “Jessica unnie, isn’t he your sister’s boyfriend?” Seohyun, the younger one, asked.

                “Won’t your sister be jealous if we do that?” Yuri added.

                “Well...that’s the point of it.”

                “Eh?” The sisters didn’t understand what she meant.

                “It’s like this...” Jessica explained the situation.

 

________________________

 

                “I think it is Minho’s lucky night.” Taemin stated as he and Onew approached Luna, Sulli and Krystal who were having a chat. Tiffany asked him to bring up this topic.

                “Huh? Why is that so?” Sulli asked. Taemin directed them to Minho’s direction. They all saw him talking animatedly and smiling with the Kwon sisters.

                “Who could blame him? He does look good in that suit. No wonder girls would talk to him.” Luna said.

                “I heard, he likes ‘noonas’ too.” Sulli added.

                “He could just choose from those two. They’re both beautiful anyway.” Onew pointed out.

                “I think Yuri kind of looks like you, Krystal.” Luna said turning to the quiet Krystal.

                Lucky night? Tch. Noonas? Tch. Looks like who? Krystal quietly ranted. “They are beautiful, I do agree. But I don’t think I look like her. Haven’t you seen my Yoong unnie? She’s the one I look like.” Krystal tried to calmly say.

 

________________________

 

                “Come on.” Minho tugged Krystal to stand.

                “You know, you have to ask properly if you want to dance with me.” Krystal retorted while being pulled to the dance floor. A slow song was playing and couples were dancing.

                “I won’t be your first dance of this ball.” He said as they arrived to his planned destination. The song that was currently playing just ended. Just before the next song was played, Minho spoke to the couple in front of them. “Hi. Sorry to interrupt but would it be okay if we exchange partners for the next song?” The couple smiled at them and agreed to his request.

 

________________________

 

                “I know you two weren’t dancing before you asked us to exchange.” Sulli said knowingly. She and Minho were now dance partners as to what Minho requested earlier. Minho smiled at her knowing that he could not deny what she just said. “Why didn’t you danced with her?”

                “I’m not the one she wants to dance with.”

                “You don’t know that.”

                “I do. See, she’s happy.” He motioned to Krystal and Taemin dancing a few meters away.

                “But what about you? I know you want to dance with her so badly.”

                “It’s okay. To see her smile like that and be happy is more important.” He smiled.

                “You’re a great guy, Minho.” Sulli somehow felt bad for him. She decided to help him in one way or another.

 

________________________

 

                On the outside, she looked happy to be dancing and listening to Taemin’s short stories but on her mind there’s another thing going on. You dragged me here so that you could dance with another girl? Earlier it was the Kwon sisters and now, Sulli. I can’t believe this. Krystal thought while she was secretly peeking at Minho and Sulli. “Tch!” She wasn’t aware that she scoffed loudly when she saw Minho smiled. Taemin looked at her weirdly.

 

________________________

 

                The song ended and Taemin asked to have his partner back. Minho decided to lead Krystal back to her seat since he had already done his ‘job’ but their sisters pushed them back to the dance floor. “Why don’t you two have a dance? It’s the last slow song of the night already.” The three suggested. Since Minho and Krystal can’t really say no to them, they did dance to the song. At first, Krystal was looking everywhere but Minho’s face then she heard him say, “Thank you for dancing with me.” He smiled charmingly. The moment she looked at him, her heart suddenly skipped a beat. She was thunderstruck for seconds and her mind went blank because of their close proximity and his enchanting smile.

                “Thank your sister and my sisters for that.” She said coldly after recovering from what just happened to her. “And why are you smiling like that? Is it because you’re too happy that you had a little chat with the famous Kwon sisters?” He just continued to smile at her. “Tell me, who do you like the older one or the younger one?”

                “...”

                “What? Just tell me.” She insisted.

                “The one wearing a black dress.” He patted her head. She scanned their surroundings and spotted the Kwon sisters, one wearing a cream colored dress and the other one was wearing a white colored one. Liar. She accused him on her mind. Neither of them is wearing a black dress.

 

________________________

 

                “What are you doing?” Minho asked Krystal. They were now on their way home. They’ve decided to just walk since it’s not that far. Krystal was taking her shoes off.

                “I’m taking it off. My feet are killing me already.” She explained. He took off his shoes too. “What are you doing?”

                “Here.” He handed her his shoes. “Wear these instead.” She hesitated. He lowered himself and helped her wear his shoes.

                “Minho...”

                “Give me that.” He swiped her high heels away from her hands and carried it for her. She did not do nor say anything and just let him be. They continued to walk. “I’ll sleepover, right?” He asked. He had always been sleeping at the Jungs whenever Krystal would be left alone because of her sisters’ works. Her sisters said that they wouldn’t worry if Krystal won’t be home alone overnight so they’ve tasked Minho to be her companion whenever they would have overnight schedules.

                “Yes. My sisters would be going to the after party and I think they have work after that.”

                “Ouch!” Minho suddenly uttered. A small piece of glass cut his bare foot. He wrapped his handkerchief to his injured foot and continued to walk. Seeing this Krystal took off his shoes that she was wearing and gave it back to him.

                “You’ve injured yourself. You should wear your shoes.”

                He didn’t want to at first but then he wore it and lowered himself in front of her. “I can’t let you walk on barefoot. I’ll just give you a piggy back ride if you don’t want to wear my shoes.” He shrugged his coat off. “Here. To cover you.” She didn’t move. “Come on. It’s getting late already.” She doesn’t have any choice but to just go along with him.

                “I have three wishes right? Will you sing for me then? That’s my first wish.” Krystal broke their silence. She could smell his scent. That scent of him that makes her feel comfortable and safe.

nae mameul ppaeseun geudae

You who stole my heart.

nae soneul nochi mayo

Don’t let go of my hand

nareul sallyeojwo SOS

Save me, S.O.S.

naega jigeum galkke

I’ll go now

syupeomaencheoreom naraseo

Flying like Superman

Jikyeojulge

I’ll protect you

                He started to sing. She smiled at his song choice. She rested her head on his shoulder and suddenly felt sleepy. He just noticed that she was asleep when he already finished singing the song. He had to wake her up when they arrived in front of her house. “Yah, sleeping princess, wake up now. We’re here already.”

                “Thank you. You can put me down now.” She unlocked the door and went inside. “Go and wash your wound then just sit there and make yourself comfortable. I’ll go get the first aid kit.” She instructed. A few moments later she came back to the living room carrying a first aid kit. She saw Minho on the couch flipping through the T.V. channels. She sat in front of him and grabbed his injured foot.

                “I’ll do that myself. You can take a rest now.” Minho said moving his foot away from Krystal.

                “It’s no big deal.” She again grabbed his foot. He didn’t complain since she insists. “Are you hungry?”

                “No. I’m still quite full. Don’t mind me and just go and have a rest.”

                “There. Done.” She said after tending his injured foot.

                “Thank you.”

                “You’re welcome. I’ll go up now.”

                “Okay. Good night.”

 

________________________

 

                It was two o’clock in the morning and Krystal got up from sleep. She suddenly felt thirsty so she went down to go and get a glass of water. As she reached the first floor, she noticed that the T.V. was still on. Is he still awake? She wondered. She walked towards the living room and saw a sleeping Minho on the couch. She smiled and went back to her bedroom to get him a blanket. She turned the T.V. off when she got back. She tucked him in and noticed that he has a frown on his sleeping face. You must be having a bad dream. She tried to smoothen his crinkled forehead. She reached for his hair and it trying to appease him from his nightmare. Seconds later his face became peaceful. She indulged herself watching him sleep. It’s rare for her to have this kind of sightseeing.

                “I’m sorry if I can’t be more than just your best friend. I’m still confused myself...I bet with all the treasures here on earth that you’d be a wonderful boyfriend to your future girlfriend. That girl won’t regret being with you. She’d be very lucky to see your heart melting smile every day.” She talked quietly. “I’ll envy her.” She chuckled at what she said. After some more minutes, she decided to go up and continue her sleep.

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

untitled chapter...=(

sorry for any mistakes.....

 

thank you for reading...=)

for all the subscribers and those who write comments, especially the regular ones....THANK YOU!!!

to all new subscribers/readers [KhunKrystal]...WELCOME! i hope you enjoy reading this fanfic

faeriecrownprincess  ~ it's a relief that you are enjoying in reading this fanfic =) [i kind of think its quite boring at times]

 

Min_stal ~here's some aegyo for you too..hehe

 

***credits to all the owners of the GIFs...i don't own any of them***

***credits to Prosecutor Princess for the idea on the 'piggy back' thing...=)***

 

that's all...THANK YOU again...i'll update as soon as i can...¡adiós