[18.1] The Date [Krystal]

Obliviously Yours [+1]

A/N: i don't know if i should call this Krystal's POV since it's not. but this is all about on her side of the chapter.

________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

                “Two months.” Krystal muttered to herself. She again was staring at the ring on her necklace.

                “Two months? What’s with two months?” Luna, who was seated next to her, doing homework, asked. They were inside the library. “And what’s with that ring? It’s becoming a habit of yours to look at it these days.” Krystal looked at her and just shrugged her shoulders. “Come on tell me.” Luna stopped what she was doing and faced Krystal. “I know there’s something bugging you about it. Tell me what it is. I might not give you the best advice but I’m a good listener. It would make you feel better to let it out.” Luna persuaded.

                “Two months. There’s only two months left and I might be wearing this ring on my finger.” Krystal said. Luna gave her a perplexed look.

                “I don’t get it. Why would you wear it after two months?”

                “There’s only two months left on the one year grace period that was given to us. By two months time, I’d be officially engaged.”

                “WHAT?” Luna said quite loudly that made everyone inside the library turn their heads to them.

                ‘SSSSHHHHHH!!!’ A number of people silenced her. “Ms. Park and Ms. Jung, if you’re just going to have a chat, the library isn’t the right place for that.” The librarian admonished.

                “We’re sorry, Ms. Chu. We’ll go now.” Luna apologized to the librarian. She gathered her things and pulled Krystal out of the library.

                “Officially engaged? With whom? Why did you not tell me about this?” Luna began to question Krystal as soon as they stepped out of that quiet place.

                “Okay. I’ll tell you everything.” Krystal said. She narrated everything to Luna while they made their way to a bench just in front of the school building.

                “You seemed to be okay with it though.” Luna stated when Krystal finished telling her everything.

                “What?”

                “What I want to say is that even though you verbally disagree with the arrange marriage that your parents did and you verbally had a plan with Minho, it was all just words. You never acted on it. From my point of view, your actions opposed everything you said.” Krystal did not say anything as she was trying to understand what Luna’s point was. So Luna continued, “You said you want him to have another girl. You want him to have a girlfriend. Yet you easily get jealous when he gets close to another girl.”

                “I don’t get jealous. Why would I get jealous?” Krystal denied.

                “Sure, you don’t.” Luna sarcastically agreed. “Then you cooked for him and took care of him when he was injured.”

                “He’s my best friend.” Krystal reasoned.

                “Uhuh.” Again, Luna sarcastically agreed with her. “Tell me; did Minho ever agreed to your so called plan?” Luna looked at Krystal who was deeply thinking. “I guess not. You both wanted it from the start.”

                “...”

                “Think about it, Krys.” Luna patted her on the back. She stood up. “I’ll leave first. I have to meet Onew oppa. Bye.”

                Luna left. Krystal remained unmoved. She was trying to understand everything that they just talked about. Luna left her confused. Suddenly, a pair of hands covered her eyes for her back. She tried to guess whose it was. “Minho?” She questioned.

                “Sorry to disappoint. Not Minho.” The guy sat beside her. She smiled at the owner of the hands.

                “Kibum-ie, hello. How are you doing? Have you settled in yet?” She asked.

                “It’s already been a week since I’ve arrived but still my house is a mess.” They both chuckled. “I should get somebody to arrange my messy house for me.”

                “You’re still a ‘Diva’, huh?” Again they laughed. “How’s school?”

                “The school is trying to fit with me.” He smugly smiled. “Humor aside, I’m getting a hang of it now. Thanks to you.”

                “You better be. I’ve spent almost my entire week with you.” Then Krystal saw Minho approaching them. “Oh, Minho.” Key turned his head to the newly arrived guy and greeted him. Minho greeted Key back.

                “I see you’re talking. I might be interrupting something. I’ll just talk to you later.” Minho said turning away from the two.

                “No. I was leaving already. You two go and have a talk.” Key stood up. He turned to Krystal, “Bye. See you around.” He said in English. Minho then took the empty spot on the bench.

                “So, what is it?” Krystal asked.

                “I wanted to ask you something.”

                “Go ahead.” She said. She was amused by Minho’s appearance. He looked nervous and in doubt at the same time. “Don’t worry I don’t bite.” She joked to make him feel more comfortable.

                “A...uhmm...are you free tomorrow?”

                “Tomorrow? Yes, I am. Why?”

                “Can you go on a date with me?” She was shocked by his statement. Her eyes went wide and she doesn’t really know how to react but something inside her was bursting with excitement. “Uhmm...no...let’s not call it a date. Not a date, I’ll rephrase my question. Can you hang out with me tomorrow?”

                “Sure.” She smiled and tried her very best to not show too much anticipation. “Where are we going?”

                “Anywhere you want to.”

                “Okay.”

                “Thank you.” He charmingly smiled at her. There goes the skipped beat on her heart again.

 

________________________

 

                “Unnie, where would you go on a date with your boyfriend?” Krystal asked her two sisters.

                “Watch a movie, a play or a musical. Any place where I could sleep while he’s being entertained by watching something.” Jessica laughed at what she said.

                “All you care about is sleeping, unnie. What about you, Yoong unnie?”

                “Me? I would like to experience the random date.”

                “Random date?” Krystal asked.

                “Like an unplanned date...” Ding Dong. Ding Dong. Yoona was halted by the sound of their doorbell.

                “I’ll get that.” Jessica announced as she made her way to the door. She opened the door and saw Minho. “Soojung, your date’s here.” She shouted.

                “Noona, don’t call it a date. Soojung might not come with me.” Minho uttered.

                “You don’t know that.” Jessica knowingly replied. Krystal then came. “Oh! You two always dress like you’ve planned it. There’s always something similar in one way or another.” Jessica commented as she saw what the two were wearing. They both have something pink on.

 

________________________

 

                She had been smiling since they went out of her house but the guy walking beside her looked so blue and it’s making her worry. Is he feeling alright? Maybe, he’s sick. Maybe he’s not enjoying what I suggested to do. She followed her Yoong unnie’s idea of a random date. She brought him to Myeong-dong, one of the busiest place in Seoul. Since it has a lot of shops and some historical place, she thought that it would be the best place for a random date. She was walking on a fast pace since she wants to do a lot of things with him. She dragged him to different shops. Slowly, the frown on his face disappeared and was replaced with a happy smile. Seeing that he also was having fun, she felt delighted and at peace.

                Then she dragged him to N Seoul Tower. They took pictures at the Media Art and at the photo zone. After taking a lot of pictures, they went up to the Analogue Observatory to have a snack.

                She was seating on the snack area, in front of a window panel that gives a view to Seoul’s night view.

                “Here.” A cup of ice cream was handed to her by her companion. They ate a lot while touring around Myeong-dong that’s why they decided to just rest and have an ice cream. “Mango flavor, your favorite.” He sat down beside her.

                “Thanks. What’s yours?”

                “Chocolate chip cookie dough.”

                “Oh. Seoul is really beautiful at night.” She remained focused on the scenic view. She then felt his eyes on her. “You want some?” She asked then she scooped up a spoonful and fed it to him. “It’s yummy, huh?” She smiled at him who was blushing on her action. When she finished eating, she leaned on his shoulder and rested her head on it while watching the night sky and Seoul. He reluctantly placed his arm around her and she welcomed his action.

                “Do you want to see the city in a closer view?” He asked breaking their comfortable silence. “We can go up to the Digital Observatory and use the telescopes.”

                “No. It’s fine here.”

 

________________________

 

                They were now walking to her home and to her surprise; he was walking beside her unlike in the past where he’s always a few steps behind her. His next action stunned her even more. He reached for her hand and laced his fingers with hers. She looked at him. His face was nonchalant like he had done nothing odd. Somehow she felt that he looked sad again just like earlier that day.

                “Just for awhile let me hold your hand.” He said still faced front.

                She nodded. She looked at their intertwined hands. They fit together. She thought. She felt comfortable with it. You can hold my hand even for a long time. She wanted to say out loud.

                “We’re here already.” He announced still holding her hand. “Thank you for hanging out with me.”

                “Thank you too.”

                “Good night.” He slowly let go of her hand.

                “Good night.” She answered. He eyes went wide as he heard what she said.

                “That’s a first.” He stated. “You never said ‘Good night.’ to me before.”

                “Then I’ll say it again. Good night.” She smiled. “Go now. It’s getting late.”

 

________________________

 

                “So how’s your date?” Jessica asked as she saw Krystal entering the house.

                “Fun.” She was grinning at her sister. “I’ll rest now, unnie.” She then proceeded upstairs.

                “We should tell her, unnie.” Yoona said as soon as she was sure that they were out of Krystal’s earshot. “She has to know.”

                “No, Yoong. We promised Minho, remember?”

                “But she’s our sister. We should be on her side” Yoona reasoned. “Unnie~” She tried to use her aegyo.

            “That won’t work.” Jessica rebuked. “Trust me, Yoong. This will turn out to be fine.” Jessica reassured.

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

sorry for any mistakes...

thank you for reading...=)

 

i'll post Minho's side as soon as it's done...