[3] The Two Different Plans

Obliviously Yours [+1]

 

                “What?!” Jessica, Yoona, Sooyoung and Krystal said though their facial expressions varied. Jessica and Yoona have a smile on their faces thinking that what they are wishing for will come true. Krystal’s face can’t be read. It’s like a mixture of shocked and angered one while Sooyoung was shocked at first but then she also smiled. Minho choked on his food after he heard what Krystal’s dad announced and Krystal instinctively patted his back and gave him a glass of water. The three older girls saw what happened between the two and said “They’re getting married.” Then squealed like fangirls who just witnessed a sweet moment between their favorite couple.

                “No!” Krystal stated. “Dad, Uncle don’t you think it’s already an old tradition to arrange your kids into marriage. No one does that in the present day anymore” [a/n: their families are that close that they call each other’s parents ‘uncle’ or ‘auntie’]

                “It’s not an old tradition, Soo Jung-ah. People still do this kind of things. Besides you two look good together. You’ll make a good couple.” Her mother answered. “Don’t they?” Her mother asked her sisters. The two nodded their heads while grinning widely.

                “But mom...we’re too young to be married. We’re not even finished with our studies yet. Moreover, I don’t think we are compatible. Right, Minho?” she turned to Minho. He just stayed quiet. “Aish...yah, help me out here.” She whispered. “Right, Minho?” Krystal repeated loudly.

                “...uhhh...Yes, you’re right.” Minho said and gave them all a fake smile.

                “See. We can’t be married.” Krystal pointed out.

                “Well, what about let’s have deal?” Mrs. Choi offered. “We’ll give you a year to prove to us that to wed you two is wrong. When that happens then we’ll call the engagement off.”

                “Auntie, can’t we cancel it right now?” Krystal pleaded.

                “No. That’s the only offer I’m giving. Take it or leave it.”

________________________

 

                “I can’t believe this.” Krystal whined. After the dinner, the adults went to the lounge of the Jung residence to talk and catch up. Their sisters went to Jessica’s room. Krystal pulled Minho to their garden to have a private talk with him. “We have to make sure this wedding won’t happen. You have to help me. We’re a team here, okay?”

                “What do you want to do? It’s not like we can stop them.” Silence engulfed the two. Krystal seemed to be in deep thoughts while Minho just stared at her and watched her face as it changes expressions while she thinks deeply. “Let’s just get married.” Minho seriously said.

                “Haha. You’ve to be kidding me. Stop joking and think of a good plan.” Krystal uttered.

                “There’s no way out of this.”

                “There’s always a way.” Krystal paused for a while then suddenly she thought of something. “Ah....what about you go to Golgulsa Temple and be a monk there?”

                “What? Why me?”

                “You’re the guy here. Also, I don’t want to shave off all of my hair.”

                “No. I don’t want to do that too.”

                “Then become a priest. That way it’s impossible to be married.”

                “No.”

                “Yah, I need cooperation from you here.”

                “How would I cooperate with you? Your ideas are weird. I told you there’s no way out.”

                “We won’t give up. I got an idea. You know Hwang Jin Ri, right?” [a/n: there’s a reason why Sulli’s surname is Hwang]

                “Yup. That’s Sulli, right? Our new classmate in our literature class?”

                “That’s right. Why don’t you date her?”

                “No. I don’t like her in that way. As much as you don’t want to get married to someone you don’t love, I also don’t want to date a girl just to use her as an escape to something.”

                “Please....you’re Choi Minho, ‘Mr. Flaming Charisma’. In just a few months our problem will be solved.” Krystal pleaded with her puppy look expression.

 

________________________

 

                “We have to do something.” Jessica stated. They were in her room. She figured that Krystal would say no to the arrangement that’s why she planned to have Yoona and Sooyoung help her to make the wedding happen.

                “What do you plan to do, unnie? I think it would be easier if one of them is on our side.” Yoona said.

                “Minho didn’t disagree with the arrangement though I think it would be hard to get him to side with us but I know secretly he would want to.” Sooyoung informed the two.

                “Why is that?” Jessica asked.

                “Of course, he always takes Krystal’s side. Since we are young, he always supports her.”

                “She’s right, unnie. It has always been like that.”

                “I thought of something. This would be our first move.” Jessica said then she motioned for the two to come closer.

                “Unnie, there’s no need to whisper. They’re not even here.” Yoona protested.

                “Aish~ just come closer. This way it feels like we’re on a secret mission.” The two then obliged then Jessica started to explain the ‘first move’ that she thought of. 

                “Unnie, why does it have to be me?” Yoona said loudly.

                “Yoong, just do it okay. You have almost the same height as she is. You’re perfect for it.”

                “Sooyoung is tall too. Why can’t she do it?”

                “I’m much taller” Sooyoung stated while running her hands through her long legs as if bragging about the length of her legs. “Also, my hair is short.”

                “Fine. Point taken.” Yoona dejectedly said. They all went back to whispering with each other.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Thank you for reading...=D

 

Thanks for all the comments....=)