[13] The Stalker

Obliviously Yours [+1]

 

                “Oh...maknae-ah, where are you going?” Yoona said in surprise. It’s a Saturday afternoon and Yoona just got home from a drama shoot when she bumped into Krystal who’s exiting their house. She’s wearing a black jacket, dark colored baseball cap and aviator sunglasses. Yoona eyed her suspiciously. “And what are you wearing?”

                “Uhmm...Minho and I are going somewhere...ah...bye.” She answered hurriedly and ran out their gate.

                “Be safe! Don’t be home late!” Yoona shouted. She entered their house and saw Jessica sleepily climbing down the stairs. “Unnie, do you know where Soojung is going?”

                “No. She just said she’ll go somewhere.”

                “And you allowed her to go? You didn’t even ask?”

                “I was sleeping. She talked to me while I was sleeping so I guess I just nodded my head when she said she’ll go somewhere.”

                “Aish~ I’ll just call Minho then.”

                “Minho will accompany her? It’s weird that he didn’t fetch her. That’s a first.” Jessica contemplated. Yoona on the other hand dialed Minho’s number.

                “Hello?” Minho answered.

                “Minho, I just want to ask where are you and Soojung going?” Yoona asked.

                “Me and Soojung?”

                “Yes, she said she’ll go somewhere with you. Is she lying about this?”

                “Ah...” Minho can’t think of an excuse. Krystal lied to her sister because they really weren’t going anywhere. He didn’t even know where Krystal is right now. “No, noona. She didn’t lie. Well, actually she did. It’s not just me and her. Luna, Sulli and Taemin are coming with us. We’re going to an amusement park.” He lied and tried very hard not to be caught.

                “Ah, I see. Take care of our baby Jung, okay? Be safe too. Thank you, Minho. Bye.”

                “Yes, noona. Goodbye.” Minho heavily sighed. He had to find Krystal now.

 

________________________

 

                It’s already been a week --a week and a day to be exact-- since Taemin’s confession and Sulli accepted him as suitor. Krystal was relieved that they’re still not in a romantic relationship. So now, she decided to stalk them on their date. She knew about it through Sulli’s stories and she secretly followed them to Everland. She trailed them to every attraction that they tried. Even to the place where they ate, the Venezia Restaurant. Of course, Sulli loves pizza. She pondered as she sat in not so far table from the two. She tried her hardest to not be discovered by the dating pair.

                Taemin and Sulli decided to went inside the Ball House. They were throwing balls at each other and laughing. People see them as a sweet couple that’s having fun with each other. Krystal occasionally throws a ball at one of them and when the two would look for where the ball came from, Krystal would dive into the pool of balls. Then they went to the Amazon Express, Krystal was too busy keeping an eye on the two that she didn’t put her cover properly. That’s the reason why her jacket and part of her shirt got wet. After that, they went to the Horror Maze. Of all the places, why here? And why when it’s already dark? ~aish. Krystal hesitated on going inside. But then she decided to go inside, she shall continue with her ‘stalking’. 

                As she entered the maze, she already shivered because it was really dark and she doesn’t know where to go. Also, she don’t know what to do when a scary creature would just pop out in front of her or when someone would grab her or even just touch her. “Aaahhh!” She shrieked when somebody held her and led her to the right way out. “Sssshhhh.” That’s the only respond she got from the person who held her. Somehow, she felt comfortable with that person. The smell of that person is familiar to her. As she reached the end of the maze, she wasn’t able to see who led her out. That person suddenly disappeared like a ninja. She looked around for Taemin and Sulli. Aigoo, you’ve lost them. Babo. She reprimanded herself.

                “Krystal!” She heard Sulli’s voice from behind.

                Oh, no. I’m caught! “S-sulli...T-taemin...H-hi” She stuttered and nervously smiled at them.

                “We didn’t expect to see you here. Who are you with?” Taemin asked.

                “Uhmmm....ahhh....” Think of an excuse, Soojung. Think of an excuse fast.

                “Soojung!” They all turned to the source of that voice. “Soojung-ah, I told you to wait there for awhile.” Minho came running to Krystal. Krystal was shocked to see Minho there. She looked at him trying to understand what he meant by what he just said. Minho signaled her to just go along.

                “I was just looking around.” She said.

                “Oh. I thought you got lost.”

                 She gave him a whack at his right arm. “I’m not a kid, you know.”

                “Are you two on a date?” Taemin interrupted them.

                “Date?” Krystal gasped.

                “No. We are with our sisters.” Minho answered.

                “Really?” Sulli eyed them suspiciously.

                “Yes. Why would we date? You...you two were the ones who are on a date.” Minho teased. “Come on, Soojung. Our sisters might be looking for us, now. Let’s leave them so that they can continue their date. Bye, guys.” Minho pulled Krystal away.

                “Bye.” Taemin and Sulli waved at them.

                “What are you doing?” Krystal asked Minho when they are already out of the audible range of the two.

                “You’re still a bit wet.” He ignored her question and shrugged off his hoodie. “Here, use this. Go and change there.” He pointed at the ladies’ restroom. Krystal just looked at him. “Go. You don’t want to get sick, do you?” He pushed her towards the restroom’s direction.

                Krystal just followed what he said. She took off her shirt and jacket and wear Minho’s closed hoodie. Then she smelled a familiar scent on the jacket. She continued sniffing the hoodie while walking out of the restroom. Minho noticed what Krystal was doing. “Don’t worry that’s a clean hoodie. Also, I don’t have any body odor if that’s what you’re worried about.”

                “No, it’s not that...” Then she realized. Don’t be scared. I’ll always be here. That’s what Minho told her when they were inside the Ghost House in Lotte World. The man with a familiar scent who held her inside the Horror Maze was Minho. “You...you were with me in the Horror Maze, weren’t you?”

                “Me? Why would I even be there?” He looked everywhere else but her eyes.

                “Don’t lie to me, Mr. Choi Minho.”

                “Look! There they are. You were following them, right?” Minho changed the subject and pointed at Taemin and Sulli who were about to go to another attraction of the park. “Come on.” He tried to pull her.

                “No.” Krystal resisted his pull. “Let them be. I’m been following them all day. I’ve crossed the line already. I should have given them privacy.”

                “Soojung...”

                “Let’s go home now.”

 

________________________

 

                “I’m home.” Krystal announced.

                “Oh, maknae! How’s your day? Do you want to join us?” Jessica asked. She and Yoona are sitting on the couching watching their favorite drama while eating junk food.

                “It was tiring, unnie. I’ll go to bed now.” Krystal said and climbed the stairs at a snail’s pace.

                “Soojung, did you change your clothes?” Yoona asked. Krystal was a bit startled.

                “This one? Minho lent it to me. I got wet in one of the rides.”

                “I see. Go on and rest you look tired. Good night.”

                “Good night, unnie. Don’t stay up too late. Both of you have work tomorrow.”

 

________________________

 

                “How did you find me?” Krystal asked Minho. Again their usual talk through the phone at night. “You’re stalking me, aren’t you?”

                “Between us two, I think you are the stalker. Technically, I really should be with you since you told your sister that I’d be with you. You’re the one who’s following people like a stalker.”

                “Haha. Really, how did you know that I’d be there?”

                “Let’s just say I have a ‘Soojung Tracker’.” She giggled at his response. Then there’s just silence. Both of them aren’t saying anything yet it’s not uncomfortable. Thirty minutes passed when Minho decided to speak again. “Soojung, are you still awake?”

                “Yes, I am. Just stay with me until I fall asleep.”

                “Okay.” He waited until he could hear her even breathing and a rarely soft snore from her. “Good night.” He said before he ended the call.

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Thank you for reading...=)

sorry for any mistakes.....

 

...i'm sorry if it's crappy...i'll try to make up for it...