Both Are Screwed II

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I took for granted, all the times

That I thought would last somehow

I hear the laughter, I taste the tears

But I can't get near you now

 

He sips the bitter taste of his coffee and continues to stare down at the busy morning of Tokyo city from his hotel room with the accompany of Richard Marx's Right Here Waiting. He wonders how many people with unfixable broken hearts are welcoming a new day like him right now. How many people are miserable because they want something they can never have?

 

Wherever you go

Whatever you do

I will be right here waiting for you

Whatever it takes

Or how my heart breaks

I will be right here waiting for you

 

He lets out a weak smile as Richard Marx sings soulfully. He's not waiting. He is running away from her as far as he can because that's the only thing he can think of. Staying beside her means he can only be her friend and what's the point of hurting her by being there when he knows he can't control his feelings. He knows she will feel miserable if she knows that. So loving her as much as he wants from afar like this is better. But sometime, he really wonders if Bom really doesn't know what his true feeling for her is.

 

"I love you" He used to say those words out loud.

 

"I love you too, Soo Hyun" She replied every time with a smile.

 

When she said that, she didn't lie. He could feel it but at the same time he also knew the love he has for her and the love she stores for him are different. She is his first love and the love of his life when she loves him only in brotherly and friendly way. It was always painful for him to know that yet still he managed to keep it away from her sharp vision. But the cut she gave by announcing her marriage is the deepest wound that it's impossible to heal completely.

 

"Please don't do this, Bom" He did beg her that night when she showed up at his house's door with the news that she was going to marry the great G-Dragon. "You don't love him and you will just get hurt in the end"

 

She didn't reply anything but smiled her beautiful smug smile while sipping the wine luxuriously. She was always stubborn and strong willed women, he knew it. Maybe that was one of the things he was attracted to her in the first place. If she wanted something, she'd got it. If she set her mind on something, there was nothing she wouldn't have in this world. And now she wanted Kwon Jiyong and who would stop her?

 

"Do you really have to go that far to keep your promise to Dara?" He asked hesitantly.

 

A crease formed bettwen her brows and she looked up at his face before she answered. "Actually I have to do this, Soo Hyun. I promised her that I would marry Jiyong no matter what it takes" There went another cut on his already bleeding heart at those words as he stared back at her blankly that night.

 

The sound of someone knocking on his hotel suite's door brings him back to the present. He turns away from the glass window and picks up the remote from the table to stop the music. The knocks appear once again and he frowns at the urgency in it. Who is that? He's not expecting anyone right now.

 

"Who is it?" He asks as he walks to the door but when no one answers back, he takes a peek outside from the peephole. There's no one outside and the frown on his face deepens at the thought of someone doing some pranks on him. He steps back from the door and takes a sip of his coffee. Knocks appear again and this time, he can't take it anymore. He yanks open the door quickly with the intention to catch the culprit this time. But the sight of the person in front of his door makes him jump back a little and yelps.

 

"Surprise!" The woman with the blonde hair shouts amusedly at his reaction.  

 

"How in the hell did you get here, Chae?" He asks with wide eyes after he found his voice back.

 

Chaerin rolls her eyes at his question. "Just get out of my way and let me in, Soo Hyun" She said and at the same time shoves him aside to make her way inside the room.

 

"Do my staffs usually let anyone in the hotel?" Soo Hyun mutters sarcastically as he closes the door back and glares at Chaerin who is now observing his room casually.

 

"Oh, you do know that there's no close door for Lee Chaerin in this world, Soo Hyun" She retorts playfully.

 

He scoffs at her remark and "When did you get here?"

 

"Wednesday" She sits down on the leather couch and glances at him before she takes her phone out from her bag. "I came to Japan with two purposes this time, Kim Soo Hyun. One, to take care of the business that is bothering Bom and second..." She pauses for a few seconds and stares straight at him. "I'm going to take you back with me no matter what"

 

"You are the most troublesome woman in this world, Lee Chaerin" He scoldingly said and walks towards her.

 

"I will take it as a compliment"

 

He sighs and putting the empty coffee cup on the table, he throws himself on the opposite couch. "I told you to give me some times, Chae. I need time"

 

"I gave you a week to think" She states flatly and hands her phone. "6 months of running away is more than enough, Soo Hyun. It's time for you to go back. So call her right now and tell her that you are coming back. That is her phone number"

 

"Tsk. I know her number, Chae" He said, annoyed, yet takes the phone from her anyway before that stubborn woman can throw it at his face.

 

"Then why you never called?"

 

"Because it's the best for everyone"

 

"You mean it's the best for you?"

 

He glares at her. "You know what, Chae? You are the cutest person in the world when you are being quiet"

 

"Thank you. But cute is for puppies" Of course this is Lee Chaerin they are talking about.

 

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter