Secretly So Broken

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Bom arrives in front of Chaerin's house, it's only 5:30 in the morning and the city is still under the darkness created by the heavy snow. But the ever so alert guard of the household recognizes her car in an instance and opens the door for her quickly.

 

"Good Morning, Ms. Park" He greets her with a polite bow. Actually, it's Mrs. Kwon now. She corrects him silently but words don't come out from her frozen lips. Her whole body is stiffed because of the half an hour under the cold water and another 4 hours in the cold room without turning heater. She thought it would make the pain in her chest go away but the effect Jiyong has on her has frightened her because even after torturing herself like that, the crack pain is still there. It's jumping on her heart, trying to find a tiny way to get through into her heart so that it can free her prisoner nightmare, so that it can make her life miserable than it ever was.

 

She takes fast steps into the warm house and her feet lead her to the familiar room of her friend upstairs.

 

"Bommie?" A confused voice calls her when she passes the great room on the way.

 

Bom forces a tight smile on her face before she turns to look at the owner of the voice. A graceful middle aged woman is standing there with a concerned look on her face. "Eomeoni" She greets the woman.

 

"Oh, it's really you, sweetheart. What are you doing here so early?" Mrs. Lee said as she walks towards Bom and wraps her arms around her body as a greeting hug. "Is everything ok?" She asks and at the same time slightly shudders at the coldness of Bom's body. "And why are you this freezing?"

 

Bom smiles at her concerned voice. "Everything's fine, eomeoni. It's just the weather outside" She lied smoothly. "Chaerin is still in bed, I guess?"

 

"Yes" The woman replies as she frees Bom from her arms and "Go stay in Chaerin's bed. I don't know why you are here but you will have to eat your breakfast with us, ok?"

 

"Neh"

 

Chaerin's family is like her second family. Bom spent most of her time with them since she was young and Lees always considered Bom as their own child. When Bom was 16 years old, she decided to exchange the school to U.S where her birth mother's relatives were and because they were worried that she would be lonely, they made Chaerin go with her. That's how much they love Park Bom.

 

Chaerin opens her eyes sleepily when she enters her room and "Don't tell me you want to talk about business at this hour" she said sullenly as she glances at her alarm clock.

 

"Just go to sleep" Bom murmurs. She takes off her coat and hangs it in the closet before she slips under the warm blanket beside Chaerin.

 

"God! Did you sleep in the morgue or were you filming human version of frozen the whole night, Park Bom Lee?" Chaerin yelps loudly at the touch of Bom's cold skin and turns to glares at her. Her sleepiness has run away now.

 

"I need to learn self defense, Chae. Make schedule for that" Bom said with closed eyes.

 

"What?" Chaerin blinks her eyes several times, confused. What is she talking about? "I mean why?"

 

"It's complicated" She murmurs.

 

"How complicated?"

 

Bom sighs and opens her eyes to look at Chaerin's curious face and how her eyes narrow with concern at her wary expression. After a minute or so, "I kissed Kwon Jiyong" She confessed weakly. "No, I mean he kissed me but I didn't fight enough to get away from that"

 

"Oh" Chaerin's brows shoot up. "Well, that's not that complicated though, you know" She tries to reason, hoping that she can ease the unnamable expression on Bom's face. "I mean what's the point of refusing physical relationship with your own husband, right?"

 

"You know we are not in that kind of comfortable relationship, Lee Chaerin" Bom said exasperatedly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter