It Could Have Been Her

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong glares at the man across from their seat who is obviously has his eyes only for the woman sitting beside him. It seems like it doesn't give any idea to him to back out from that damn situation the fact that, he, her husband, is sitting right here beside her with her hand clenching in his tightly. With that anger inside him, he might grip Bom's hand a little tighter because she winces slightly and turns her head toward him with a confused frown on her face.

 

He knows it's not her fault that the er who is sitting and staring at her shamelessly across from her happens to be her classmate from US since they took their seats in the plane. He also knows it's not her fault that the man has successfully engaged her into a business conversation which, judging from Bom's expression, she's interested. But that doesn't help him at all as the burning fire in him starts to swallow him piece by piece as the time passed by with that bastard day dreaming about her at his presence.

 

"What's wrong, Jiyong?" She asks him softly and the anger inside him almost slips away at her voice. God! How much he loves the way she's looking at him now without her usual guarded expression. A little crease is there between her brows as she examines him, not with annoyance but with pure concern for why he's trying to break her hand that she has let him holds since they stepped out of their house. And the way she has dressed today doesn't help him from to stop feeling this overwhelming amount of love.

 

Jiyong knows Park Bom is beautiful and her usual formal business dresses she used to wear every day to go to work let the rest of the world knows how incredible and y her body figure is and he's used to seeing her in that kind of clothes. But what he didn't know was she could manage to be cute and adorable too. Today, her long brownish hair is pulled back loosely in a clumsy knot above her nape which makes the front strands frame around her face in a way that makes his heartbeat skips. Her huge gray chrome hearts hoodie is covering her body till her mid-thigh with skinny black jeans under it.

 

And that sight of her is so endearing somehow. She looks really young in that way. So young and less intimidating.

 

"Jiyong?" She calls for his attention and squeezes his hand when he's just staring at her intently. "Are you ok?"

 

Is he ok? He's not sure because with the amount of love he has for this woman and the times his heart stops working whenever she's around, he's not sure he can safely say he is ok.

 

"You are cheating" He finally said.

 

"What?" She asks, tilting her head side way with confusion written all over her face. The bastard is still staring at her without understanding a word they are talking.

 

"You talking with him is cheating. You promised me 4 days, Park Bom"

 

"I did" She nods but her confusion is still there. "But what is that has to do with you trying to break my hand?"

 

Jiyong tugs her hand gently so that she has to lean towards him closer while giving a dead glare at the man who has finally remembered his presence beside her. Right! you, bastard! She's mine! Without giving a warning, he presses his lips on hers which she's surprised for a second but responds back right away. Damn! He loves her so much that it physically hurts.

 

"Because that jerk is obviously gawping at you" He murmurs against her lips when they finally pull away.

 

"Jiyong!" She hisses disapprovingly and glances back at her friend who is now trying to burn a hole on the book in his hand with a glare. "That's just not true"

 

Really? Jiyong stares at her with wide eyes. A very smart and sharp person like her doesn't know that? Then again, he thought, it makes sense. Because she also didn't know how that Kim Soo Hyun guy looked at her with so much intense feelings. And she also doesn't notice the way Jiyong looks at her every now and then.

 

"Change the seat with me" He said and her brows shoot up with surprise.

 

"What? Why? You are not making sense, Jiyong" That little crease is there again, on her forehead, and this time, he leans in to kiss it.

 

"Please, Bom? If you don't want to see I beat the living hell out of that bastard"

 

She scowls and glances back to the man with apologetic expression even though her foreigner friend doesn't understand anything. "Stop acting immature, Kwon Jiyong. He isn't trying to do anything" Then she turns her head to the man again and continues their unfinished conversation. But Jiyong feels satisfied somehow because Bom presses her side a little closer to his body. He smiles, knowing that she's trying to give him some reassurance even though is saying otherwise.

 

And he doesn't want to stop any of these little interactions between them even after the given 4 days has passed. He wants to keep her beside him for the rest of his life no matter what it takes and he knows it's his mission to make her fall for him during this trip.

 

Jiyong leans back into his seat further and puts the headphone over his ears before he takes her hand back in his. He doesn't want to hear what that bastard has to say more because whatever that is, it would just piss him off. So listening to the songs he's currently working on, Jiyong closes his eyes to concentrate on them.   

 

# # # # # # #

 

"I will keep that in mind, Mike" Bom says as she finally cuts their conversation to check some paper works she has brought along with her. Jiyong is quiet beside her so she turns to see what he's doing only to find him fast asleep with his headphone on, while his hand is still holding her hand. She smiles unconsciously but the smile fades away quicker than it appeared as she questions if her actions are really the right thing to do.

 

She shakes her head mentally to stop overthinking for once. He's not in love with you, Bom. He just needs you to pretend to be loving wife for 4 days for his relatives' sake. He's just using you. So stop feeling guilty. She forces herself to think like that. But what was that semi breakdown about he had last Saturday? He didn't really tell her what was wrong except for kissing her holding her for the rest of the day.

 

A dry sob rips out from sleeping Jiyong and Bom tears her eyes away from the paper in her hand to look at him, concerned. His hold tightens on her hand and he sobs again. What the hell? Red alert rings in her head ear splittingly and she turns her whole body to his way.

 

"Jiyong?" She calls him softly and gives a reassurance squeezes on his hand to remind him that she's here. She has dealt with her own share of nightmares for all these years time to time and she knows how much they can be terrified. But does he usually have nightmares? Jiyong shivers slightly and frowns, still deep asleep.

 

Is he cold? Her own frown is already on her forehead and she tilts her body slightly to drag the blanket behind her. It's a trick work to do something with only one hand but she manages to wrap the material on him successfully anyway. He shivers again and groans. What's wrong with him? She checks his temperature to see if he's sick but apart from the cold sweat on his forehead, he's fine.

 

"Dara" He whispers with so much pain and she stops worrying at that point. ! Stupid, Park Bom Lee! It's not even a nightmare and you are here, freaking out like a pathetic. She doesn't acknowledge the crawling pain inside her as she pulls her hand out from his free. She needs space right now and his touch only burns her. He always burns her and she's not better than those typical weeping females from the dramas that can't stay away from the poison that is obviously killing them inside out. She hates it, knowing that she's weak. But then, this is not the first time she acted stupid when it comes to Kwon Jiyong. He has always been her priority in her whole life and she always wanted him to be happy.

 

Use him then, Bom! She encourages herself. 4 days! Just 4 days, do whatever you want and it's not for him. For yourself. And after that, just go find peace for your own good. You've been through enough. But even if she happens to leave him, Bom knows sure as hell that, it will be for his sake and happiness. She grits her teeth and wants to hit herself so bad for being so blind and stupid.

 

With a gasp, Jiyong finally jerks awake from his sleep and looks around comically as if to see some murdering sense in the plane. Then when he can eventually register where he really is, "Oh god" he murmurs tiredly and leans his head on her shoulder as he inhales deeply in her neck. She goes tensed immediately because she doesn't want him to touch her right now when she's still trying to control her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter