Realization

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If there are really gods and angels in this world, Jiyong only wants a wish from them. He wants to go back to that dark time and changes everything. He could have protected Dara and she would be still here with him, smiling her sweet smile he loved. His memory would be filled with her smiles, not that tear-stained face he remembers. And most of all, his world wouldn't be haunted by a certain woman called Park Bom if Dara has been still alive.

 

"Please, stay away from her, Jiyong" Dara said those words with her shaky voice. She was too upset that night because he told her that he met Park Bom that afternoon at a cafe and had a cup of coffee with her. He didn't have the heart to blame Dara for her outburst because he too realized that something inside him went wrong whenever he met with Park Bom's eyes. Those brown bright eyes were too powerful for him to handle.

 

"It's nothing, baby. We just met by coincidence" He tried to calm Dara down but even to his ears, his reasoning sounded unconvinced. Her eyes reached to his face and narrowed. She didn't believe him too. But as he stared her eyes back, he noticed that they looked like with Park Bom's. Only that they didn't held any power like the way Park Bom's eyes did and he hated himself for even thinking like that. He wished a truck to hit him when he saw a tear escaped from Dara's eyes.

 

"I knew this would happened" She whispered to herself and covered her face with her hands.

 

"Hey, look at me" He said softly as he moved her hands from her face and held them in his. "I love you, baby. And the rest of the world knows that now" It was true. Dara decided to announce their relationship to public 3 months ago, a week after Park Bom's arrival. He didn't question about her decision because he too needed to remind himself that he had Dara. Their fans were cool about their announcement like they expected except for Dara's family. Dara's parents' reaction towards their relationship was weird even though they didn't say anything directly. He couldn't point out the exact thing, but Jiyong thought they looked slightly annoyed at Dara. But he didn't ask Dara anything since she stayed impassive about that.

 

"But does your heart know that too?" He couldn't answer immediately as he stared at Dara, confused at her question.

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"I'm asking if you like my sister, Jiyong"

 

"Of course not!" He said quickly. He admitted that he felt strange whenever Park Bom was around but it couldn't be translated into liking her. He wasn't even sure about what that strange feeling was. "I told you. You are the one I love" He said as he tried to hold Dara but she just pulled herself away from his reach while shaking her head slowly.

 

"I don't know, Jiyong. I feel anxious for some reasons. I have never won my sister in my whole life and it's true that I don't want to lose you to her" Jiyong didn't like Dara's word. He felt like he was some kind of rope in their tug of war and Dara was talking like she must have him because she wanted to win in that game. But he couldn't say anything back as Dara's phone suddenly rang.

 

Dara's eyes narrowed at the caller ID before she answered her phone. "Unnie" Her voice was soft unlike her expression. Jiyong held her free hand and stared at her face absentmindedly. Dara was beautiful but her beauty wasn't so distracting like Park Bom's. If he had to differentiate them, Dara was warm, soft and pure. She was so easy to read. But for Park Bom, she was like a mysterious perfect statue for Jiyong. Cold and frozen with that poker expression gluing on her face 24/7.

 

He looked at Dara questioningly when Dara gasped suddenly and her face went pale. She shook his hand off and stood up from the couch where they were sitting. "No, unnie. I can explain about that" She said pleadingly. "Where are you, unnie?....ok..ok. I will come there right now and I will explain everything" She ended the call and collected her things from the couch quickly without a word.

 

"Hey..hey. What's wrong?" He asked worriedly and tried to stop her.

 

"I have to go, Jiyong"

 

"But I thought you would stay with me tonight"

 

"I can't" She said as she shrugged her coat on. "There are some misunderstandings between me and Bom unnie. I need to go to her immediately"

 

"Do you want me to drive you there?" He asked and suddenly he felt ominous.

 

"No, I will just see you tomorrow" She said and after a peck on his cheek, she was gone. He didn't know that would be the last kiss she gave him or that would the last time she talked to him. He didn't know after she walked out of his condo, he would see her again in almost lifeless state with blood covering her body. Everything changed. The fate changed as soon as she left him that night.

 

# # #

 

"The visiting time is over, Mr. Kwon" The kind voice of the nurse wakes him up from the past and he realizes that he has been sitting in this room for hours already. But just like the past three years, there's no movement from that person on the bed today as well. Jiyong stares at the very still man for one more time. He is the only one who knows what happened that time apart from Park Bom. They are the only survivors in the car accident and Park Bom won't talk anything while this man remains in comatose state for 3 years. He is Jiyong's last hope to know what happened to Dara.

 

"Nothing change at all?" He asks the question which he knows the answer already.

 

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kwon" The nurse said apologetically as she checks the patient attentively.

 

"Please don't hesitate to contact me as soon as something change" He said those words he has been saying for the past 3 years and prepares to leave.

 

"Ah, Mr. Kwon" The nurse calls after him, remembering something.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Your wife is here too"

 

"Where?" He said and glances towards the door. It's weird of her to visit this man when he knows she has never come here. But the nurse is not the one who gives him the answer though. The door opens harshly at that moment and reveals his manager with his messy hair. He must have been sleeping in the car while waiting for him. But his eyes are alarmed as he signals Jiyong to come out of the room because the nurse is glaring at him.

 

"What's wrong, hyung?" Jiyong asks with a frown as soon as he closes the door behind him. The man explains nothing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter