A Glimpse Of Her

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't want to talk about this now" Jiyong heard Bom hisses those words at the officers who are intending to get some information about the incident. Her face is paler than he has ever seen and her expression cold and blank, as if her mind is not here with them at the moment. They are sitting together on the couch with his arm wraps around her shoulder which Bom doesn't complain. So he naturally pulls her closer to his side. 

 

"Mrs. Kwon, please" Officer Jang said tiredly. "If we want to lock him in jail, we need every specific detail to do so, ma'am"

 

Jiyong seriously wants to punch the man for the changes on Bom's face at his words. Her breath hitches and she shudders slightly with the terrible memories of about half an hour ago. "No" She chokes and turns her face towards Jiyong, to hide her face in his chest and sobs.

 

"I don't think she's ready to talk, officer" A gentle voice of a man voices out from the left couch and Jiyong tilts his head a little to look at the person. He almost forgets the presences of that man and Lee Chaerin because they were too quiet for the whole time which is very unlikely of the Blondie. Jiyong eyes meet with hers and she doesn't shy away from his look as most of the females would. Instead she stares straight at him back, as if she is trying to unlock every single secret he has kept in his head. And a crease forms between her brows when he tightens his arm around Bom.

 

Just because he is in the staring contest with Chaerin, that doesn't mean he doesn't know what that man beside her is doing. Kim Soo Hyun. Jiyong has seen that man before, at their wedding. And even though it was only once, he remembers it clearly because that man was gazing at Bom with obvious adoration and love, just like the way he is doing right now. Jiyong notices how Soo Hyun interlaces his hands tightly while looking at Bom sobbing quietly into his chest. It's as if that man is wishing he was the one holding her and the obvious pain on his face every time a sob comes out doesn't help Jiyong either.

 

Lee Chaerin seems to notice his distraction because she shifts her eyes to Soo Hyun to confirm her guess. Then she smirks at Jiyong and "Bommie? Can I get you to your room so that you can change?" she asks softly at Bom. It's so clear that she wants to tear her friend away from him.

 

Officer Jang and the others sigh in frustration but don't dare to push their luck since it was their fault in the first place for things turning out this way. Only if they were more careful and they all know something bad is going to come their way as soon as this news reaches to Mr. Park.

 

"No" Bom said, finally turns to look at her friend with her expression still cold and blank. "You can go home now"

 

Chaerin scowls at her stoic statement. "I'm not going anywhere, Park Bom" She retorts stubbornly.

 

"Er...Ma'am. We still need to write the report" One of the officers said nervously for the nth time and that seems to push Bom to her limit.

 

She struggles out from Jiyong's hold and stands up, wrapping his jacket on her tightly and glares at everyone. "If I say no, then that meant NO! You want your stupid details? Then come back when I'm ready to talk!" Then she wipes away the remaining tears on her face roughly that she winces when her hand unintentionally brushes the bruises on her cheeks.

 

Jiyong and Soo Hyun immediately stand up but Jiyong is the one who gets hold on Bom and he turns her around to check her injuries. "Are you ok?" He asks softly, looking intently at the purple colors on her pale skin. He should have kill that bastard earlier. "Do you want to go to the hospital?"

 

She shakes her head. "I just want to go to bed" She said and "ALONE" she adds firmly when she saw Chaerin stands up from her seat at the corner of her eyes.

 

"I told you I'm not going anywhere"

 

"Lee Faith Chaerin" Bom voice is so cold and they stare at each other for a while. It seems like they are having a private conversation with looks and after a few long seconds, Chaerin finally lets out a defeat sigh because Bom is clearly showing that she needs time, like really needs time, alone, and it would be so unwise of everyone whoever tries to push Park Bom at time like this. Chaerin also can see that something is troubling her.

 

"I will come back first thing in the morning" Chaerin said, mostly sounds like a warning.

 

Bom ignores it. "Please call aunt Inyoung for me on your way back and tell her to come here. She will know it" Lee Inyoung, Chaerin's aunt and her personal doctor, is the only one she needs right now after experiencing the shock in earlier incident. Otherwise, she will be back in the place just exactly like 3 years ago.

 

Then she's about to go to her room when the phone in the living room rings. She closes her eyes and sighs, knowing that the caller will be none other than her parents. She turns to face Jiyong once again and "Please try not to panic them" she swallows soundlessly at his burning eyes. Even times like this, she wants nothing than to have his arms around her. Even times like this, she's still falling too hard. Something has changed in his eyes but she doesn't know what it is or she's too tried to figure it out. "Tell them they can come here in the morning but not now. I don't want to talk to anyone right now"

 

"Ok" He said softly and walks towards the phone to answer while she turns to leave the room.

 

"Bom" Her breath stops for a second at the gentle calling. Of course she can't ignore him. Her best friend. No matter how mad she was at him for the last 6 months, that gentle voice has solved everything.

 

"Soo Hyun" She calls his name, acknowledging his presence as she stops in front of him. "We will talk later. Not now"

 

He nods slightly and she knows that he understands her, like as always. He won't push her. "I will be back tomorrow with Chae"

 

"Ok" Then she takes three steps to the entrance before she suddenly decides to turn to walk to him again and kicks him in the shin, surprising everyone in the room.

 

"Oww! What's that for?!" Soo Hyun asks, holding his leg in pain and Jiyong turns to look at the source of the sound with a deep annoyed frown on his face.

 

"That's for ditching me at my wedding" Bom hisses and leaves the room, to curl up in her bed before her doctor can come to save her.   

 

# # # # # # #  

 

Jiyong tiredly rubs the back of his neck and leans back on the couch. It's 3 in the morning yet instead of lying in his bed, he's here, worried sick about Bom who is upstairs and locked in her room with Dr. Lee Inyoung for the past 2 hours. He only saw the bruises on her cheeks. Maybe she has got some serious injuries he didn't see for the doctor to take this long?

 

He exhales out a deep sigh and leaning forward again, he buries his face into his hands. Everything is so crazy for his liking. But only three things are making his head spinning. First, Park Bom. He can't deny it anymore that he is in love with her. Yes, I love her, damn it! He exclaims inwardly. And because of that first fact, the second thing makes him miserable. He was in love with her younger sister before that.

 

Dara, who has died in his arms, who has looked at her sister with full of hatred before she died. He feels like he is cheating on that girl who has loved him 'till her last breath. He feels as if loving Bom is something he shouldn't, something forbidden. Even though Dara's not here anymore, even though no one would accuse him for falling for Park Bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter