Head And Tail

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chaerin, can I talk to you for a minute, alone?" Jiyong asks flatly from the entrance of the dining room where Lee Chaerin and Kim Soo Hyun are talking quietly. Mr. and Mrs. Park are in the guest room, resting now after a long hurtful hours of talking about the incident previous day. Lawyer Choi Dong Wook has gone back to his home.

 

Chaerin narrows her eyes slightly at Jiyong but when his face gives nothing away for her to know what he might say, she scoffs under her breath. Even time like this, she still dislikes him, that arrogant bastard. But she doesn't have any reason to avoid him and never will. So after giving Soo Hyun a glance, she follows after Jiyong who walks quietly out of the house from the back door. He stops near the beautiful pool and turns to face her, his face's blank.

 

"To what do I owe this honor, Jiyong?" She said and crosses her arms on her chest while cocking her head slightly to examine him. When she does that, Jiyong realizes, she looks so much alike with Bom. Maybe that’s one of the reasons why they are friends.  

 

"I want to know what's really wrong with Park Bom"

 

Chaerin's brow rises in mocking. "Since when are you so interested in Bom?"

 

"It's not your business" He hisses coldly.

 

"I can give you back the same word, Kwon Jiyong. It's not your ing business!"

 

She heard Jiyong spits some words under his breath which she supicious as profanities before he glares at her. "Don't ing play with me, Lee Chaerin. She's my wife and I have every right to know what's wrong with her"

 

"But Bom seems to think the other round. Otherwise, if she really wants you to know, she would have told you, don't you think so, Jiyong?" She ends with a snort and looks at Jiyong's face with pleasure when he winces slightly, as if those words hurt. He goes quiet for quite some times that she thought he won't say anything more.

 

But after two or three minutes, he looks away from her and stares up into the snowless night sky. Then he inhales deeply. "She seems in deep pain" He said.

 

"She is"

 

"But I can't do anything for her" Chaerin frowns and looks at his side profile carefully. What the hell is wrong with this bastard? "I couldn't do anything for her this morning either except for standing and staring at her like a stupid" He swallows with difficulty and runs a hand through his hair desperately. Then he turns to look at her again, startling her with his painful expression.

 

Chaerin gasps and takes a step back. "Jeez! What's wrong with you, Kwon Jiyong? Did you hurt your head or take some forbidden drugs? Because it's not funny. It's creepy!"

 

Jiyong ignores all of her remarks and asks what he really wants to know. "Now tell me. Is there something wrong with her? This is not all about the incident yesterday, am I right? There's something more. I know there's something deep and I want to know what it is"

 

They stares at each other for a minute before Chaerin her temple with a sigh. "Honestly, Jiyong, I don't know and it's freaking the hell out me"

 

"Oh, come on, Chaerin. You are her best friend. Sure she will tell you everything, won't she?"

 

"I'm not that nosy, Jiyong!" Chaerin snaps. "And it's all her right to decide if she wants to confide me with everything or not. And if she happens to keep secrets from me, it's her freedom and I won't push her. That's what best friends are for"

 

"But what can you do to help her if you don't even know what her problem is?!" He's slowly his temper. He tries to stay calm but this frustrating female is testing his limit and he's going to snap soon too. Hours without seeing Bom's mocking stares and smug smiles are already too much to handle. Not knowing if she's going to be ok when she wakes up is the torture for him.

 

"I told you that's what freaking me out! I don't know what's wrong with her, Kwon Jiyong. And for your information, even though her personal doctor is my aunt, she won't tell me a word. Not even Bom's parents can ask the details from her because Bom told her not to tell anyone and she would protect her patient confidentiality with all cause. So don't try to rub the salt on my wound and now excuse me to check on my friend" She said and turns around to leave. But after taking a few steps, she stops and looks over her shoulder.

 

"Bom told me something though" She said, glaring at him. "That you'd mistaken her with Dara and kissed her when you drunk. That it ing hurt her" Then she left.

 

It's as if the pain he's experiencing right now is not enough, there goes another cut. As if he's not cold enough, there's another round of icy rain inside him and he sinks down on the cold ground while burying his face in his hands.

 

# # # # # # #

 

Before she can fully resurface from the deep sleep, her mind is already working too hard. There are so many things she needs to do regarding her shopping mall. She has to meet with the owners of the stores inside the building and solves the problems, compensates for their lost. That's not a big deal for her. She can do it. The thing she really cares about is, how fast she can build her empire back? Sure, spring is coming so it would help the workers. She hopes so. 

 

Then she finally opens her eyes and squints slightly when the light assaults them. The pain is still there. She can feel it but at the same time, she knows she can handle it. She has rest well and strong enough to deal with this right now.

 

"Hey, beautiful" A gentle voice calls her from her side and she turns to see her friend, sitting beside her bed. It's so good to see him smiling at her that she almost forgives him for what he has done. Almost. But as she raises her hand to rub her eyes, she saw her wedding ring on her ring finger and tilts her head to glare at him with the recognition.

 

"You never told me her name, Kim Soo Hyun" She snarls and Soo Hyun blinks a few times, confused.

 

"What are you talking about, Bommie?"

 

"That girl!" She hisses and tries to sit up in bed. "The reason you ditched me at my wedding"

 

Oh, right. Soo Hyun thought. He lied her that day so that he could leave the wedding as soon as he can. He chuckles softly at her annoyed and glaring face before he pulls her in a hug. "Nice to see you again too, Bom"

 

"Yah! I'm asking for her name, Soo Hyun" Bom said, trying to shrug him off from her. Even though she never said that out loud, she surely missed her best friend and when he left her at her wedding for some girl and never came back, she was so mad. She didn't even contact him for the past 6 months.

 

"Quit it, Bom. It doesn't matter anymore" He said and tightens his arms around her.

 

She stops struggling after a few minutes and when she'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter