The Future

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom nervously taps her fingers on the table as she stares out of the cafe. What's taking Jiyong so long to get here? Earlier-or was that already a few hours ago?-he said he's on his way and he's sounded excited. Her heart warms a little bit at the thought of seeing him and the corner of her lip curls up a little bit with affection. How he could melt her anytime.

 

"Stop it, unnie. It's annoying". Dara's irritated voice appears on the other side of the table as she gave a sting smack on Bom's tapping hand.

 

"Ouch!" She brings her hand to her chest as she rubs it gently and glares at her younger sister. She's about to say something smart at her but then Bom notices that something is really wrong here. But she can't point out what that is. So running her hand into her long hair, she turns to gaze outside again. That's when it caught on her mind. No passing cars, people or not even a dog outside. None, and it's the same case for the cafe. There's no one except for the two of them.

 

"It's weird" She murmurs. "I can't find anyone, Dara"

 

"I know"

 

Bom doesn't know what has triggered her. It might have been the coldness and lifelessness in her sister's voice. Or might have been the surreal color of her surroundings. She snaps her head back to Dara only to see the empty space where the younger girl has been earlier. The temperature suddenly so cold in the room and Bom stands up abruptly. She doesn't like this place. She doesn't like the sudden fear in her, crawling up on her skin like ghostly fingers.

 

She wraps her arms around her body tightly to hold herself together as she tries to rush out from the place. She just feels so wrong for being here. And where is Jiyong? He's supposed to meet her here. Or was it? But she doesn't care about waiting anymore. Instead, she wants to look for him. Find him faster so that she can hide away from the world in his protective arms.

 

Reaching for the tinted glass door of the cafe, she pushes it open with some force, expecting to see the brightness of the day. But she was wrong. What waiting for her outside isn't the light nor the warm of the spring day. Instead, there are two men standing and her breathing stops. It's like someone has punched her in the gut with all the strength as she winces violently at the strong cigarette scent.

 

Her nightmare. She then knows that she is in her nightmare-where these men are going to tear her apart again and again. The pain, the shame, the broken dream and the uncrossable line between her and the love of her life-these men are going to draw that out all over again. She turns and bolts for the cafe's door. But they are faster as she feels the disgusting arms wrap around her and pulls her backward before she senses the sharp pain in her stomach. 

 

Her own piercing scream and someone shaking her roughly yet gently at the same time brings her back from the nightmare. And she gasps for air hungrily and tries to shrink away from the person who is holding her so close. She doesn't want to be touched, especially when she can still smell the men.

 

"Get off me!" She screams as she tries to get out from the person's hold. Tears streaming down on her sweating face.

 

"Shh, baby, it's ok" The person said soothingly as he rubs his hand on her back in a comforting gesture. Then he brings both his hands to her face, to cup it gently so that she can see who he is. "It's me, Jiyong" His own eyes are glassy. Her rational senses come back to her at that moment as she saw a tear rolls down on his beautiful face.

 

"Jiyong" She chokes out with reorganization. This is her husband who has declared that he is in love with her despite all the reasons he should have been disgusted with her. The person whom she loves more than any damned things in her existence.

 

"Yes, it's me, baby. And you are ok. You were just having a nightmare. But you are ok and you are here with me" He rushes out those whispered words as he wipes away her tears gently. The place where his fingers' tips touch left a warm sensation and Bom knows that she just needs more. More than this to make herself feels better, to feel alive and warm again.

 

She's sure that Jiyong hadn't expected her next moves just by the shocked look he gives her when she tries to rip away his shirt from his body, to feel his skin under her palm. She needs this. She just needs this much more than anything right now. She heard the fragile fabric tears apart in her hands and she immediately puts them on his warm skin to push him back on the mattress before she rolls herself onto him, straddling his waist.

 

"What the....." She doesn't let him finish whatever he's going to say as she crashes her lips onto his. One brush with his lips, she can slowly breathe again. Two brushes, her heart feels alive again when the pain drifts away from her and she heard a groan from Jiyong before he finally gives up to make out what is happening here as he starts to kiss her back. God, she just got back from hell and now, she's in heaven. Is that even possible?

 

Kissing him with everything she has, her hands creep down on his body, finally making their way to his pants when Jiyong eventually stops her.

 

"Baby"

 

"Please, Jiyong" She whimpers and tries to get closer to him than she already is. "I need this. I need you" Then she chokes a little bit again with the memory of her nightmare. "I can't breathe, otherwise"

 

"I know, baby, I know" He said and starts to her silk blouse. After he's done with that, he takes the garment off from her to toss it away just to wrap his arms around her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter