Decision - Want Vs Should

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Can she really do that? Is she strong enough for this kind of challenge? Is she strong enough to stand close beside him and act lovey dovey for the elders' sake? The answers are already there and it's a big NO. How can she do that when all cells and fibers in her are screaming that they want him? If she allows herself to be close to him that much, she wouldn't able stand the pain when he finally leaves her. It will break her apart and she will never be normal again if that happens.

 

"4 days, Park Bom. Just 4 days you have to pretend to be my wife, I mean the wife who is in a good relationship with me. After 4 days, you can go back hating me and I won't disturb you again"

 

Jiyong's words from this morning come back into her mind and she sighs tiredly. Even though she wanted to reject this idea as soon as it came out from his mouth, she also knew she can't do that to him. They are in this marriage together and she can't back out now. She also has to hold her own responsibility. But trying to be in love with him for 4 days? God! It's so difficult because she's already madly and deeply in love with him and that's the problem. She wants to be selfish sometimes too by protecting herself from getting hurt in advance.

 

"Ok, Park Bom Lee. One more sigh and spacing out, I'm going to drag you to the hospital to have a medical checkup" Chaerin's frustrated voice brings her back to the present place and she blinks her eyes a few times to focus on her best friend who is staring at her weirdly. The sounds of people talking in the cafe rush back into her ears.

 

Bom clears and sits straight in her seat before looking down at the contract paper on the table in front of her. "Where were we?" She asks and she doesn't have to look up to see Chae's eyes are still gluing on her.

 

"Don't play hide and seek with me, Bom. I've never seen you spacing out during work before" Sometimes, Bom wishes her friends didn't know her that well. "There's something wrong" Chae continues and Bom finally gives up on pretending as she tosses the paper aside and looks up at her. "What it is, Bommie? Tell me" Chaerin encourages.

 

"Ok" Bom lifts her coffee cup up to her lips and takes a sip. "Grandma Kwon wants me and Jiyong to go to her house in Jeju"

 

Chaerin's eyes go wide at her words before she frowns. "Well, that's bad. But I still don't see the problem here when I know you can always tell her that you are busy. And this is the best time for that kind of excuse, Bom. Your shopping mall was destroyed for god's sake"

 

Bom shakes her head. "It's not that easy, Chae. Jiyong's cousin is going to marry and it seems they have a close bond. She obviously wants him at her wedding and so do his other relatives" She said and putting down the cup on the table, she leans back in her seat to examine her friend's face.

 

"Ok, it's complicated then. What does Jiyong say about that? Does he have a good idea?"

 

"Well," Bom shrugs and rolls her eyes. "He wants to go and he said I should go with him too. As if it's so easy"

 

"That bastard" Chae murmurs and frowns down at her ice tea glass, while remembering the night where Jiyong looked so hurt and desperate to know what was wrong with Bom. Lee Faith Chaerin is not a dumb, especially when it comes to see others' feelings unlike Bom who is so sharp and intelligent in everything but that. And Chaerin definitely saw something in Jiyong's eyes that night, or should she say something she has seen before when they first met in the ballroom years ago. "Bommie" She calls her friend softly.

 

"Yes?" Bom answers with a raise brow at her sudden mood changes.

 

"You know that I love you like my own sister, right?"

 

"What is it, Chae? Spit it out"

 

Chaerin sighs and shifts in her seat, uncomfortable. She doesn't know how to start this conversation without having to hurt her friend who seems to terribly soft wherever Kwon Jiyong is concerned. "I don't like Kwon Jiyong too much, Bom" She starts and when Bom's raise higher, "Ok..ok, I admit that I hate him"

 

"That's better" Bom said and turns to gaze outside of the cafe. Spring is finally coming; they can taste it in the breeze.

 

"I'm not sure I will ever be able to warm up towards him because he's so full of himself. He's cocky, arrogant, rude and selfish"

 

"What is exactly that you want to say, Lee Chaerin?"

 

Chaerin bites her lower lip for a few second, examining her friend's distractingly beautiful side profile. Sure enough, if it is up to her decision, no man in this world is good enough for her friend. No man. Not even their childhood best friend Kim Soo Hyun even though she knows how much Bom means to him. But this is not her game to play. Letting out a sigh, she finally says it. "But no matter how much I hate him, it seems like he is the one for you"

 

"Don't, Chae" Bom whispers and goes completely stiffed in her seat.  

 

"Why, Bom? Tell me the reason. You obviously love him and I know you very well, Bommie. If you love someone, you will love that person 'till the end no matter what. You are so blind when it comes to affections. That's how you always kept your patience with me"

 

Bom turns to glare at her friend who obviously doesn't effect at all. "You don't understand, Chae. You don't"

 

"That's why I'm asking you, aren't I? Why don't you just try to make him fall in love with you instead of hurting yourself by hiding this big fact? Because believe me, Park Bom Lee, no man alive in this world would ever reject someone like you and Kwon Jiyong is not an exception either"

 

"I can't do that to him, ok?!" Bom hisses under her breath and starts to collect the papers on their table. "Now drop this nonsense and continue to work on the contract with the construction company, please" And she stands up.

 

"Are you going home?" Chaerin said, obviously in a sulky mood as she too now trying to reorder the files.

 

"No, I need to go and see Soo Hyun" Bom bites her lower lip. "I owe him an apology after last night"

 

"Oh, right" Chaerin finally looks up and her lovely face is now full of annoyance. "I'm going to make sure that pay back for what she's done at there, Bommie. Don't worry"

 

Bom smiles at her friend affectionately. Sure this Blondie can be so frustrating sometimes, but even with those annoying traits, she still loves her friend. "I will see you later" She said with a wave.

 

"You will at least tell me if you decided to go to Jeju, right?"

 

Bom stops in her mid-track and thinks for a minute before she turns to look at Chae over her shoulder. "I'm going"

 

Sure, she can do this. 

 

# # # # # # #

 

Soo Hyun was startled first to see someone walking into his great room but relaxes instantly as he notices it's her. Both Bom and Chaerin know the password to his pent house since he first moved into here and it's not a surprise to see one of them just rushing into his place. They do it all the time.

 

"Hey" He greets Bom softly and putting down the plans he was looking, he leans back in his couch to smile up at her as she walks in further.

 

Bom just waves her hand as a greeting and walks towards the kitchen area to get herself a glass of water. And when she comes back, she looks down at the plans on the table while removing her coat. "I didn't know you were working again" She said pointedly and puts down her coat on the couch as she takes her place beside him.

 

"These are just arrived from my father earlier, Bom" He said with a frown plastering on his face. He obviously doesn't want to work on this and she can see it.

 

Leaning forward, Bom takes a closer look at the drawing and sighs. "Where's he going to build this?" Kim Soo Hyun's family owns one of the biggest hotels and resorts group in Asia and he, himself, is a talented architect who has designed many famous buildings including her Empire shopping mall. And she's hoping to ask him to design it again when she rebuilds it. But seems like his father has already got to him.

 

"Dubai" He answers with a sigh. "These are just a draft his team has made, Bom. He wants me to design it personally"

 

Seems like she needs to find the architect team for her Empire too. But that's not really important right now. "Then do you have to go there?"

 

He shrugs and looks away to hide his m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter