Confession

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He believes that everything in this eternal world is going to change somehow or in some way. It's only the matter of time. But can something like how you feel about someone change too? With time? Jiyong intertwines his fingers on his crossed legs as he leans back in his seat. His eyes never leave the beautiful lady who is now creating the very pleasant music as her fingers professionally run on the grand piano. Her expression is so peaceful that he just wants to freeze the time forever in that moment. It's a rare expression for someone like Park Bom.

 

"She's so beautiful" He heard his grandma murmurs as she sways with the music in her respective seat.

 

She is. He agrees silently as the corner of his lips curve into a gentle smile. He never tried to deny the fact that Park Bom is the most beautiful woman he has ever laid his eyes on. And probably the most intelligent female too. But the good things come with consequences as she is also a woman whom he will never understand. Everything about her is mystery and secretive that sometimes it scares the hell out of him to unmask the real her.

 

"Jiyong" He tilts his head a little to his grandma's direction as he answers her with a nod. "I'm not sure if I should say this to you or not". She said with a little bit of hesitation that it makes him curious.

 

"What's that, grandma?"

 

Grandma Kwon lets out a heavy sigh as she gazes at the young lady in front of the piano. And "I don't know why the things turned out this way", she said in a small voice. "But I know that she tried so hard".

 

"What are you talking about?" Jiyong asks as he turned his half body to face his grandma properly.

 

"Since that day, she tried so hard" Grandma Kwon continues, completely ignored his confusion.

 

Jiyong's brows knitted together as he tries to make something out of the old woman's words. But nothing comes out.

 

"I remember the day me and her parents agreed about that and I also remember the way her eyes were brightened up by the news" A single tear drop slips out from grandma's eye as she her head to look at him. "Since that moment I just know that she really tried hard to be perfect"

 

"I don't understand what you are trying to say, grandma" With that Jiyong exhales out loud as he diverts his eyes to Park Bom again. Maybe the old woman is just being so emotional on her granddaughter’s wedding. That's why she's.....

 

"She liked you, Jiyong" Grandma Kwon whispers that got his attention once again. "She liked you since that moment we told her that she would be married to you when you guys were old enough"

 

"What?!" Jiyong coughs out the question as he stares wide eyes at his grandma. What is she talking about?

 

"It was one of those years where she came to visit for my birthday. I think she was only 12 at that time". The old woman smiles fondly at the memory. "I still remember the way she gazed at you from her room as you played with Dara......."

 

Jiyong squints down as he feels something vibrate beside his thigh and found Bom's purse that she asked him to keep earlier. Someone is calling her phone. But that's not important right now. What most important is, "So, you mean you guys were arranging our marriage since we were young?"

 

"I loved her mother, child" Grandma responds weakly. "I wanted her mother to be your father's bride but she chose Bommie's father and don't get me wrong. Of course I was happy for her happiness. But when Bommie and you were born, it's like the god had given me another chance to get together the people I love"

 

Jiyong shakes his head disappointedly as he frowns at the old woman. "It was selfish of you, grandma" He said coldly. How could she? Why would she want to play with other people's feelings? Why would she try to decide other's......?

 

His frown goes deeper as something flashes in his mind. Arranged marriage since they were young? Both sides of the families knew about that. His breath hitches in his throat. "Grandma, when you say you guys agreed about that deal, did Dara also know......?" He curses under his breath as he feels the vibration again. Who wants to talk to her this bad? Irritated, Jiyong grabs the purse and digs the phone out from it. His intention is to turn off the phone, but just before it, the caller ID that was flashing on the screen got his attention.

 

Kim Soo Hyun.

 

What the hell is wrong with this guy? Why is he calling repeatedly? When someone doesn't answer their phone, it means they are busy or they just don't want to answer it? Doesn't that guy understand about that?

 

With a scowl on his face, Jiyong slides open the screen to answer the call.    

 

# # # # # #   

 

His body slids down on the floor as he weakly leans against the wall of the quiet corridor. Pick up your phone, Bom! Goddamn it! Pick up your phone! Soo Hyun curses in silence as the angry and painful tears roll out from his eyes. His heart's beating in breath choking pain. Oh my god! What have they done? Why did they turn to animals? And Dara? He can't believe it! But the most important thing is why didn't she say a word about that? Why did she remain in silence?

 

At the third call, the line suddenly picks up and he hears a soft piano sound from the other side. But he doesn't wait for her to ask anything.

 

"Why?" He chokes out the word and more tears run down on his face as he hurts for her. All the pains she has to endure. "Tell me why, Bom? Why didn't you say anything? And why did you marry that man after all what happened?"

 

She doesn't reply anything for a few seconds. Only the piano sound and someone breathing heavily. But when the voice finally appears, it's not Bom's. "I guess you have some answers for the last question then, Kim Soo Hyun" Kwon Jiyong said coldly. "Tell me what happened then"

 

"Kwon Jiyong" Soo Hyun spits out forcefully. Jiyong is the very last one he wants to talk right now after hearing the incident 3 years ago. Because that man was the sole reason why those terrible things happened to the girl he loves. That man was the one who destroyed Park Bom. Only if Jiyong wasn't involved in Bom's life. Only if...only if....

 

"Why are you being so quiet after you repeatedly dialed her number?" He can sense the mockery in Jiyong's voice. "Just so you know,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter