Backfire

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People around him used to remind him that he really has a big problem with his temper. When the rage burns his brain, he tends to do the mistakes. The mistakes that can backfire on him and this morning's plan were one of them. Not that he regrets for going to Dara. That was the right thing to do, he believes, but the sarcastic postcard he left was unnecessary.

 

What will be the good point if humiliating her when it means he will also have to go down with her at the same time? He doesn't have that kind of deep affection of that woman. Giving her so many places in his head is already more than she deserves, then destroying his dream career in the process just to bring her down will be injustice for him.

 

Because of the feminine giggles behind him, Jiyong tears his eyes from the computer and turns around to see the source of the sounds. There's another mistake sitting on the black leather couch of his personal studio. Kiko Mizuhara, one of his close friends and his recent hottest scandal. He always knew Kiko has a crush on him and it was his foolishness to use her feelings as his weapon only to irritate Park Bom. He thought she would somehow respond to that news but he was wrong. Apart from the mocking smiles and insults, he didn't get anything he expected from her.

 

Then what was he expecting from that kind of woman anyway? She married him for one secret intention and so is he. There's no love and feeling between them to bear some kind of jealousy towards his scandal. He should have known it better.

 

"What?" Kiko must sense his eyes on her; she finally looks up from her mini ipad where she was watching some variety show. "Are you talking to me now?" She asks with a cute pout. He has been in a bad mood for the whole day that he doesn't talk much and she was referring to his lack of attention on her last day in Korea.

 

He manages to move his facial muscles a little to create a weak smile. "I'm sorry. It's been a tough day" He apologizes half-heartedly without making any direct eye contact.

 

"Then are you finished now?" Her voice is hopeful. 

 

"Yeah....." He drags the word a little bit longer, unsure where she's going with this. "Why are you asking?"

 

Her brows knit together as she stares at him in pure confusion. "What do you mean, Jiyong? Aren't we going for dinner? On my last day in Seoul?"

 

Jiyong sighs in exasperation. "You know we can't be seen together, Kiko. The reporters are everywhere and even a photo of us can make their day now" And I don't even understand why you are here when you know everything. He adds silently.

 

"Since when do you start caring about others, Ji?" She said sullenly.

 

"Since I've got my plate full" His tone's impassive. "You can go with Seunghyun hyung and Seungri. They are here" When he looks at her again, the hurt expression on her face makes him guilty and his voice softens a little bit. "Even if I want to go, I can't. I've to be somewhere else tonight, Kiko. You will understand, right?"

 

Even though she's not completely satisfied, she gives up with a sigh of resignation at his pleading eyes. But of course she still asks the question. "What are you going to do then?"

 

"I have to eat dinner with Dara's parents" He's not lying. The couple has asked him to have meal with them tonight and even though the reason is not their late younger daughter, he still wants to be there to see the old woman who looks so much alike with Dara. Even if that means he has to go with Park Bom and listens to their concern regarding to his current news, he can deal with that.

 

Kiko lets out a scoff at his reason and "which also mean they are your wife's parents. Is Park Bom going to be there too?"

 

Jiyong doesn't like the way she talks. Not that he feels protective towards the woman in question though. He doesn't have any concern about her. But Kiko voice is a little bit possessive and that makes him uncomfortable. They are just friends for heaven's sake. She doesn't have any right to question about his personal.

 

And he's going to tell her that. Someone has to take that role to balance their relationship.

 

"And your problem is?" That smug voice doesn't belong to him.

 

Startled, they both turn towards the door only to see the devil of his life standing at the entrance with YG CEO, who looks very uncomfortable at the moment. When did she get here? He thought and an unpleasant scowl is already on his face. She walks further into the room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter