Heartless

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

tap...tap...tap

 

She flips the contract paper back to the front just to make sure she has read every single detail while her other hand brings the coffee mug to , to take a luxurious sip. She's enjoying her quiet morning as usual (except for that annoying noise her best friend slash secretary is making) but of course how can she stop working when her nick name is work monster?

 

tap...tap...tap

 

A crease starts to form on her forehead as an annoyance gesture. Why this woman never stays still? 

 

"Will you stop trying to make a hole on my table, Lee Chaerin? It's starting to get on my nerve" She said while still trying to focus on the millions worth paper.

 

"I can't help it when everything is always getting on your nerve, woman" Her always raspy-bold voice bites back coolly and she sticks her tongue out at Bom's glare fearlessly. Commanding and bossy Park Bom is a normal thing for Chaerin. The fear died down when she has been spending ages with her and knows everything aout her.

 

 

Bom sighs and shakes her head dismissively. "Just eat your breakfast, Chae. And when we are on this page, doesn't your mother feed you at home? Why you always have to eat your breakfast at mine?"

 

"Because I know my best friend wants me here" Chaerin answers with a chuckle. Then looking down her watch, she glances at the dining room's entrance and "By the way, Bom, where's your world star husband?"

 

"Probably still in bed" Bom answers cutly and diverts her eyes to the food plate in front of her. "He slept late last night" But Chaerin caught an unusual flash in her eyes.

 

"What?" She asks.

 

"Nothing"

 

"Oh! Help me, Bom. Tell me what's wrong?" Chae squirms in her seat as she stares at her friend's face worriedly. When she said everything, she really knows every single thing about her friend and that isn't excepting for this so called marriage of her stubborn Bom. Chaerin knows why she's married to her bastard husband. "Did you guys fight again? For what this time?"

 

No answer's coming from Bom. That frustrating woman is just digging her food with overrated attention. Then something or some words Bom just said caught in Chaerin alarmed mind. "Wait a minute, Park Bom Lee. He slept late last night? When did you start knowing what is his bed time? It's not like you slept with.....oh my god.....oh my god"

 

Pity, anger, worry, disbelief....many emotions rush in her mind as she stares wide at her best friend, who is now staring her back emotionlessly. Pretending. Of course she knows Bom's inside will be shaking just like hers. How could this happen again?

 

"D...did he?" The words stutter out themselves.

 

Bom doesn't answer because she doesn't have to anyway. Chaerin's lovely face is telling that she has already got the answer even though her lips are producing the question. And that brings Bom's mind to last night.

 

# # # # # # #

 

Letting out a heavy sigh, she tossed in her bed tiredly. She couldn't sleep, again and the incident from dinner was keep replaying in her eyes. Was she too much on him? Maybe. But when the maid stumbled and poured the hot soup on him, she just couldn't contain her anger and the usual words came up.

 

"You are fired"

 

She was an expert in hiding her emotions as she said those words with a poker face. But only if he had the ability to look deep into her eyes, he would see how much she was worried for him.

 

The moist liquid filled the maid's eyes as she sank down on her knees quickly, startled both of them. "I'm so sorry, Mrs. Kwon. I was careless but please don't fire me. I won't do any mistake again. I promise" The girl said desperately and at the corner of Bom's eyes, she saw he was waiting for her answer with a frown. She knew he was having a hard time lately and any kind of word she said right now, he was going to throw out all of his frustration on her. She knew it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter