Hopeless Desire

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong doesn't surprise when he wakes up alone on the couch on the next day morning. Even though his arms burn strangely from her absence, he still prefers this way. They don't have to feel awkward by this when they both know the action from last night won't solve any complications between them. They are still poisons for each other and Jiyong still hates her for who she is. At least he hates the Park Bom who he thinks he knows.

 

He removes the blanket and gets up from the couch stiffly. Somehow, he knows that the one who brought that blanket was her. He does some stretching on the spot before he walks towards the dining room where he half expects to see her eating her breakfast like usual. But the house keeper ajumma is the only one in there who is filling a jar with orange juice.

 

"Good morning, young master" The woman greets him normally. "Do you want to have your breakfast now?"

 

"No, I'm going to wash first. I will eat after that" And he turns to leave to his room.

 

"But young master?" Ajumma calls for his attention quickly again.

 

"Yes?"

 

"What do you want to have for your breakfast?"

 

"Huh?" He's confused because he never had to answer that question for the last 6 months.

 

Ajumma smiles kindly yet uncomfortably at his confusion and "I noticed you didn't like much those muffins I made. That's why I wonder if you want to try something else"

 

He's not surprised again by this but still something tugs his heart at the rough translation his brain has provided. Park Bom is not going to cook for him again. If they were standing at the opposite edges of the earth before, there's universe between them now and no one is going to reduce that distance as they both are still trying to walk further away. He has already expected this outcome. 

 

"Anything is ok" But why does his voice become so thick though? 

 

# # # # # # #

 

The nail tapping sounds flow in the air of Park Bom's grand office as her index finger continuously meets with the polished surface of her office desk. The other hand supports her head as she leans on it weakly and stares straight in front of her blankly. What should she do now? She heaves a sigh at that question because she doesn't have any idea even after assaulting her brain for the whole day.

 

She stops from torturing her desk and runs that hand into her long hair with another sigh. Everything becomes more complicated now and she doesn't have any solution for that. She shouldn't have let her emotions showed out like last night. She is a strong woman who has built the impenetrable fortress around her scarred heart because of her painful past. She has imprisoned the nightmare monster in there with the hope that no one will try to dig that disgusting darkness. There are many consequences if someone has happened to free that monster. The people she loves can get hurt by those buried facts.

 

That's why she was carrying all of those comments people threw at her with Dara's death without any complaint for the past 3 years because she thought she was protecting them, especially him.

 

But after this morning, seeing Jiyong's sleeping face for the first thing at the beginning of the day, she's sure now that she was just being selfish. She is keeping them in the dark not because she's afraid the truth would hurt them, that's just a little part of her intention. The whole big part is all about her wanting to stay beside him as long as she can. And that can only be happened, only if Jiyong doesn't know what really happened to them at that time, especially he can't know what has happened to her. Otherwise, he will be disgusted.

 

She pushes herself up from her black leather swivel chair and turns to face the full length glass window where she can see the people coming in and out of her shopping mall despite the cold weather. It was always triumphing to see her empire this successful but today, she just feels so vulnerable for some reasons. She feels empty and so lonely as she wraps her arms around herself protectively, like the way he did last night. It doesn't provide the warmth she got from him though. Instead she feels cold, strangely cold without his arms around her and she has been like this since she left the house this morning. It took every ounce of her will power to get away from his arms as she realized that he slept through the night while holding her close to him.

 

She sighs and turns away from the window. She has to do something. She has to come up with some kind of solution for the current situation after she saw a little piece of his feeling last night. They can't continue like this. But what can she do without having to hurt him or his image? The divorcement is not in the option because she knows that can bring him down badly when he is already having a hard time. She won't damage his frame more than she already has.

 

A gentle knock comes out from the door. "Come in" She said lifelessly while rearranging the papers on the desk and picks up her things to leave the work for today.

 

"Sajangnim" One of her secretaries who is useful compare to the ever nagging Lee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter