Possiblities

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The quiet sounds of the forks and knives touching with the plates, glasses clinking with each other and people talking in their low voice accompanying by soft piano music as their background greeted Bom as she made her way into the classic restaurant. The interior of the place colored in royal red and with just a mere glance, she was sure that she wouldn't visit this place again. The color was too warm and she didn't like it. Coldness was matched better with her.

 

"Ms. Park Bom?" The waitress in her neat uniform found her way toward Bom immediately and asked with a polite bow which Bom responded with a curt nod. "This way, please" The waitress gestured towards the direction where the private dining rooms were and led the way herself after a second. 

 

Bom followed after her silently and at the same time she was also aware the recognizing glances from some people as she passed them. Don't care them, Park Bom. Don't care them. She reminded herself inwardly while wearing cold and hard expression as she looked just straight ahead of her. She had been receiving those kinds of looks from the people for 2 years now that they couldn't hurt her pride anymore. She was used to it now.

 

The waitress stopped in front of a closed door and knocked slightly before she opened it and informed the person inside of her arrival. "Ms. Park is here" Then she stepped aside to make the way for her.

 

Bom inhaled deeply as she walked into the private dining room where a person was already there and her inside clenched slightly at the sight of that person. It was their first meeting again after that incident 2 years ago where both of them got their enough share of pain and she still couldn't forget the last look he gave her which was full of disgust and disbelief as it had been haunting in her dreams until now.

 

"You are late" He stated flatly.

 

She glanced at him before she sat down in a dining chair calmly. "No. You are just early"

 

He arched a brow at her cold respond and "It's been a long time, isn't it? 2 years?" 

 

She picked up the water glass in front of her and took a luxury sip before she replied. "What do you want, Jiyong? Why do you want to see me?"

 

He didn't answer immediately as he cocked his head side way and stared straight into her eyes curiously as if he was trying to see how her brain worked. But after a few seconds, as she stared at him back, he looked away from her with a frustrated frown. "I'm sure you know the reason already, Park Bom"

 

Of course she knew since she was the one who created that reason. A smug smile tugged at the corner of as she looked at him with a raise brow. "What made you think that I know?" She said mockingly.

 

But he didn't buy it this time. Leaning back on his chair casually, he studied her face again. "Why, Park Bom? Tell me, why? You don't love me but you are willing to become my wife?"

 

A scoff automatically came out from and she leaned forward. Does it have to be love to tie down with someone? She didn't think so. At least for her case, she had to have to this man because that was exactly what Dara was afraid of. She had to at least got this back in return after what she had to pay for the price in advance. "Neither do you, Jiyong but you are still here. That means you don't want to reject the elders' decision. Wait, let me correct it again. You won't reject this marriage in anyway. Am I right?"

 

He was unusually calm at that night. "Let me get this straight, Park Bom. You can't ever divorce me because I won't let you. Then you will never have a happy life with me either because I'm going to make sure that. What do you think? Do you still want to marry me?"

 

She laughed softly at his question while shaking her head amusedly. Those words were what she wanted to tell him but he made everything easier. "You don't have to worry about me, Jiyong. Because love and happiness are not the things I'm looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter