Who Is Park Bom?

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong can't remember how long he has been staring blankly at that simple contact number on his phone screen. All he has to do, want to do is to tap the call button beside the number and mumbling his apology quickly before she can say anything and just hangs up. But that idea seems so stupid and wounds his pride for even letting her rules that much in his head. She has done enough damages to his heart and life and now she's messing with his head. And he hates it too much.

 

But still, that strange urge that is flowing in his blood is encouraging him to do it, to put his thumb on the green button beside her number for the first time since he has known her. Don't be such a coward. A voice said. You have done something wrong and you are aware of your mistake. "No" He whispers to himself. "She has done so many things to me compare to what I did to her" Well, that's why you hate her and call her a . The voice purrs confidently. What should we call you now then?

 

He shakes his head slightly to get rid of that voice and throws his phone beside him on the bed. He won't do it. He can't do it. He doesn't know why he feels such a big deal for him. Maybe because he has just found out that Park Bom was the one who was making for his breakfast for all these months? The question is still left unanswered though. Why would she do that? She never hesitates to show him how poisonous person she is whenever they see each other's face. And he never failed to hate her personality. But today, for the first time since he has known the woman named Park Bom, he suddenly curious who she really is. He thought he knows her very well but all of a sudden, he's not sure if he really knows her anymore. She seems too far from his reach to read.

 

"My sister is not someone who has the ability to let other people's warmth in her life" Dara once said that before Park Bom decided to come back to Korea. "She likes to draw the lines with everyone and she won't let anyone in. Of course Chaerin unnie and Soo Hyun oppa are rare exceptions for that case. But that's all. She's even cold towards dad and mom" And he remembers asking her why she was telling him about that when he didn't even know her sister.

 

"You will see the reason soon, Jiyong" She answered while her head was resting on his shoulder. "Even though she's that cold and all, people around her tend to prefer her more than me" Her voice shook with sadness. "Bom unnie is so gifted in influencing people with her mere presence. Because of her little talent, I was always lonely since I was young" Then she looked up his face and her eyes were clouded with the unshed tears. "I'm scared that you too...."

 

She didn't finish her words and she didn't have to because he could see her fear right through her beautiful eyes. She was scared to lose him and that made him loved her more. "I love you, silly" And he was laughing at her ridiculous idea. He had seen so many beautiful women, even more beautiful than Dara but his love for her never wavered. That was why he was confident enough to attend Dara's father's company's annual event where the infamous Park Bom will be presented. Dara's family and his family were old friends that he knew all of her family except for that Park Bom.

 

He thought she would be just another beautiful woman and he wasn't wrong. She was really beautiful and brighter than anyone or anything else in that ballroom with her floor length white strapless dress. Her long brownish hair was flowing elegantly in a fishtail braid from her shoulder. But 'till then, he didn't feel anything he shouldn't. His mind admitted that she was beautiful, probably more beautiful than most of the women he had ever met. But that was all.

 

There was no trait of smile on her face. Not even a polite one but somehow, it even managed to look more graceful than Dara who was smiling her charming sweet smile beside him. She was talking with a beautiful woman beside her whom he knew at once that she wasn't someone to cross over at the sight of her fierce eyes. And suddenly, Park Bom eyes shifted towards him and met with his.

 

That was when it all happened. He couldn't look away like he was caught in some kind of trap. He could feel Dara's hand gripping his arms with pressure but he was still locking with her eyes. Her brown eyes were so bright and piercing like they can break through any kind of barrier. They were so powerful enough to make any kind of people to bow down at her mere look but at the same time, they were warm and pure. There were no trait of coldness and manipulation in them like Dara said.

 

"Jiyong" Dara voice was shaking and he looked down at her, guilty. "Do I have to take you away from here to stop you from staring at her?"

 

He couldn't reply because Park Bom and her friend were already walking toward them. "Dara" She called Dara in a soft voice with a smile.

 

"Unnie" He didn't know if it was because Dar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter