Coldness and Warmth

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People always gossip around behind her back that she, Park Bom wasn't born with feelings and emotions. Her face was always emotionless and the window of someone's mind, the eyes, yeah her eyes were always blank too. It would be so stupid if someone tries to read what she's thinking judging from her movements. Because she was forever unpredictable.

 

But this didn’t mean she didn't belong a loving heart though. Bom loved her parents. She loved the people close to her and for the final; she loved and adored her half-sister Dara more than anyone. Dara was the reason why Bom didn't show much on her face because she knew that would make her younger sister upset for some reason. Bom couldn't remember when those all started but people around them paid their attentions and respects more towards her and Dara didn't like it. Because she always got what she wanted, Dara was hungry for everyone's attention as well.

 

Bom didn't have the heart to blame Dara for that because which child in the world wouldn't want their parents’ full love and care? But because of the reason Bom had to lose her birth mother as soon as she arrived into this world made her father and stepmother's affections towards her bigger with sympathy. It wasn't like they didn't love Dara. It was just that Bom looked so cold and lonely in their eyes that they tried to pay more attentions. But how would someone can happy when she got the nation's love but not her own parents' attention? 

 

Bom thinks those all lead to this situation as she stares at the girl she once thought as a beautiful pure angel. That angel looks her back with her adoring eyes which are now brightening with cruelty. It breaks her heart because she was the reason of those changes. Only if she didn't come back and most of all, only if she didn't take any interest in him, these won't have to be happened.

 

"Your all life, you were preparing to be his perfect wife one day, weren't you, unnie?" The angel speaks and Bom doesn't have sound in her to respond. A huge lump is blocking in to do so. "But the thing no one knows is I also have been preparing to take him away from you since I was young"

 

Some unknown energy flows through in Bom at that moment. Wanting to protect someone burns in the back of her mind as she stares at the beautiful girl. He doesn't have to get hurt between us. I won't let that happen. Those words are ringing in her mind as a mantra. "Do you even love him?"

 

"I do want to have him"

 

"That's not the same!" Bom shouts angrily. "If you don't love him, why messing? You could have leave him alone"

 

"Oh, how sweet of you my cold sister?" The angel purrs. "Being so protective of a man who doesn't even like your attitude"

 

"If that's the real case, we would not be here in the first place, Dara. And you know that"

 

Those words are like putting more fuel into the fire. Dara's eyes become more brighten with the pure hatred as she stares at Bom. "You will never have him, unnie. I will make sure that"

 

"You know me, Dara. No one can stop me if I set my mind in it and now I'm sure I won't let you have him either after I know you have no love for him"

 

The sudden smile on Dara's face confused Bom. The Dara she has known her whole life would be exploding with anger just now but this stranger in front of her reacts in the opposite way. "I know your little talent, unnie. That's why I prepared something for you here. Something that will make the universal distance between you and him and after this, you can never have him"

 

A frown forms on her face as her eyes follow Dara who moves to the door gracefully. Then she pushes open the wooden door and "You can come in now".

 

# # #

 

When she jerks awake from her sleep with heavy panting, the first thing she saw is Chaerin's impassive face. "You have fever,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter