I Hate You, Park Bom

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong wanders his eyes around the unfamiliar environment, with the help of the tinted glasses of his car, to see if someone has noticed this black van. No one seems to take a note at his car as everyone walks to their respective destinations and he sighs out in relief. He knows he doesn't do any wrong but still, this place is one of the places he would avoid with all cost if he can help it.

 

Because he is too busy with looking out, he doesn't notice that his manager is already got back to the car and the sound of the driver seat's door opening startled Jiyong. "Aish! You scared me, hyung" He shouts as he recognizes the man.

 

"Oh, sorry" The manager apologizes confusedly.

 

Jiyong ignores the man's apology as he looks over his shoulder to see other presences and when he doesn't see anyone, he frowns. "Where are those girls, hyung?"

 

The manager sighs and hops in the car. "They said they have already let them go since last night" He closes the door behind him.

 

"Huh? But why? I mean how could they just get out like that after what they did?" Jiyong's brows knit in pure confusion. No one can get them out if Park Bom doesn't let them. He knows that. Is one of the girls' parents more powerful than the mighty Park Bom or her father? It's a really thin chance though.

 

But it only takes one answer from his manager to clear the questions in his head. "Bom-sshi's lawyer withdrew all the charges against those kids and asked the officers to let them go" He answers and starts the car. "Don't look at me like that, Jiyong. I'm telling you what they told me"

 

Jiyong suddenly feels weak and cold as he slumps back into his seat. She let them go? Impossible. But the reality is in front of his face. Did he always assume the worst of her without trying to dig her real thoughts? No. He stubbornly denies.

 

"Sue them all!". "I want every single of them rot in jail for the rest of their life" There she said those. What made her change her mind then? He can't figure it out just like the other times. Park Bom is the biggest mystery in his life that he can't solve and he doesn't know who she really is.

 

Behind those cold evil exterior, can there be something humane? Something pure he once thought? At that point, he shakes his head to get rid of that insane idea. There's no such thing as good Park Bom. He has to stick to that belief. She must have her own reason to let the girls go. He can’t let her mess with his head more than she already has.

 

Since then, Jiyong's mood is in a dark place for the whole day. He can't stand anyone more than 10 minutes that finally he locks himself in his studio for the rest of the day and when he comes out of the room, it's already passed 9 in the evening. He doesn't want to go home with the knowledge that she is there. Park Bom never stays out late and it's one of the very few facts he knows about her.

 

But when his manager asks where he should drive to when Jiyong got in the car, he still said "Home".

 

"Ah, Jiyong?" The man calls him after several minutes of silence in the car as if he has just remembered something.

 

"Hmm?" He responds while staring out of the window.

 

"Perhaps do you know about the robbery case at your wife's factory? It's on the news"

 

"What?" Jiyong turns to look at the back of his manager's head and frowns.

 

"You don't know?" The man looks surprised.

 

"Just tell me what happened, hyung"

 

"Oh, the news said a group of men robbed the warehouse of the factory and killed the security guard and his family there" He glances at Jiyong from the rear mirror and "That's not all, the authorities have already arrested the men but they lost their leader though"

 

Jiyong closes his eyes and his temple with annoyance. Park Bom didn't say anything about that. But then why would she do that when he always made sure there's a clear line between their businesses. He wouldn't have listened even if she happened to tell him.

 

Then some flash light rush in his mind and his eyes snap open. "I want every single of them rot in jail for the rest of their life" It sounds like she has just shouted into his ear. And the grave expression of the ever so composed lawyer as if there was a big problem. The confused look he gave Jiyong when he accused Park Bom for being so cruel to the kids.

 

"Are you saying that you won't let them go anyway?" He asked her.

 

"Isn't that what you expected from me?" Apart from the sarcasm, she didn't say she would do any harm to them.

 

Park Bom has fooled him. He's just realized that she let him lead his own belief without saying a word to correct the misunderstanding. For what? To make him feels guilty later when he found out? Because a little part of him feels exactly like that right now while the bigger part is burning with angers. Why does she always have this kind of effect on him? And why she always is the upper hand in this game?  

 

# # #

 

Jiyong slams the van's door back as he steps out of it and glares at the luxurious modern house in front of him. But that's just for a minute or so because he has to squint his eyes when a strong blinding light directly lies on his face. He stops the light from making more damage to his eyes by covering with his hand and turns to the direction where the light is coming from. 

 

"Mr. Kwon Jiyong?" An unfamiliar voice asks him. 

 

"Yes!" He spits the word and "Do you mind to turn off that light or whatever?" said Jiyong angrily.

 

"Oh, I'm so sorry, sir" The voice said again and Jiyong notices the light is off now. He puts down his hand and narrows his eyes at the two men who are standing beside a police car. They walk towards him and introduce themselves briefly.

 

"I'm officer Seo and this is officer Jang. We are assigned to patrol this neighbor, sir" 

 

"Ok?" Jiyong responds uncertainly as he doesn't know why they are introducing themselves. 

 

"You just got back?" Officer Jang asks Jiyong and he looks slightly astonished. "It's nearly 10 now and your wife is all alone in there?" He continues much to Jiyong's annoyance. 

 

"I have work to do" Jiyong snaps as the previous anger comes back to him for good. "Is there any problem with that?" 

 

"Of course not" Officer Seo said quickly. "We just thought that you would be stay close with Mrs. Kwon in this kind of situation" 

 

"What kind of situation are you talking about?" Jiyong asks and glances towards the wall which is now back to its original color white. Are they being this panicky because of that? It's not even that serious. As an idol, he knows better how much anti-fans can do than this.

 

The men look at each other with pure confusion. But before they can say anything, Jiyong's manager who is observing the situation from the car comes out and "Is everything alright, Jiyong?" 

 

"Everything's fine, hyung" He replies without taking his eyes off from the confused officers and "Good work then, gentlemen" he said flatly.

 

# # # # # # #

 

"For sake of god, dad, I'm fine" Bom said tiredly while her aching temple. "Not you too, please" How she wishes her father would take notice her stress in her earnest plea. Like she expected, her parents are panicked now after they heard the robbery case and the fact that the lost leader of the men is after her set the fire in their mind.

 

"The blood on the wall, Bom, it could have been that man's work. The chief officer told me that"

 

"He just suspects, dad. He's not sure it either and it was dog's blood. Nothing you have to wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter