Forever Winter

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom quietly puts down her fork. Her appetite for the delicious breakfast has long gone since the moment she recalled the night before. She just wishes it would come back for lunch though because she has a lunch meeting for business and it won't be look good if she's not so into it. She has to be a professional who can draw a clear line between her personal life and business.

 

Even though she is in her usual composed mode, on the other hand, Chaerin slams down the empty water glass on the table, making the poor housekeeper runs into the dining room to check if her young lady is displeased about something again.

 

"Has he gone crazy?" Chae chokes out the words. "No! That's not what I want to say. Have you gone crazy, Park Bom Lee? To allow something like this happened when you are aware of everything"

 

Bom narrows her eyes at Chaerin before she waves her hand dismissively at the woman who is still lurking near the entrance of the room. She doesn't need another audience for her embarrassing incident, embarrassing weakness. And think of that, the idea of making an appointment with a shrink is attempting. Like Chaerin's outburst, has she really gone crazy after shouldering many responsibilities on her little shoulders?

 

"I can't take it anymore, Bom. Whatever you have to say, I'm going to have a serious talk with that bastard and if I have to, I won't think twice to move that conversation into the court room. I'm dead sure your father will back me up if he knows there's someone trying to take his precious daughter's life and that bastard is none other than your husband"

 

"Geez. Just. Shut. Up. Lee Chaerin" Bom murmurs tiredly. She doesn't have anything else to defend herself because she knows everything that blonde monster slash her bestie said is purely came out from the concern she has for her. And like she said, if her father happens to know about this, he will never forgive Jiyong. Except for the number 26 that her age, Park Bom is still a loving and precious daughter of powerful Park's family. Her father is still over protective of her.

 

Chaerin gives a glare at the calm woman. She is supposed to be shaking like a mad woman and weeping under the blanket at the almost attempted murder. But instead, she is here acting like nothing has actually happened. "How can I zip up my mouth when I know you are not safe?" She said while waving her hand in the air, lost.

 

"You should really quit watching more dramas, Chae. You are slowly becoming so much alike with those exaggerated weeping cry babies." She teases and when Chae opens to throw back something, she holds up her hand. "Stop destroying my morning, please. I'm not in the mood to discuss that topic and hey...look at me. Nothing has happened. We had a fight and the anger got him best. But he didn't do any damage. End of the story"

 

Chaerin opens just to closes it again. She does it for a few more times and after gaining a raise brow from Bom, she finally gives up. A pout forms as she slumps back on her chair. "Hmpf....you are impossible, woman"

 

Bom shakes her head slightly, amused. That Blondie is fierce as a tigress but at the same time, she can also be cute as a kitten. Even though she doesn't admit it out loud, she will be thankful to heaven every single day for letting her has this female in her life. Bom refocuses her attention on the contract paper for the last check.

 

"How could he even think to do that?" Great! I will take back my gratitude. You should have made her a mute before you sent her to the earth, heaven! That will save me a lot. She silently explodes in her head but only a sigh comes out as the sound. But the oblivious Chaerin just continues. "I know he doesn't like you but is that really can lead to all of these?"

 

"In which planet were you keeping yourself 3 years ago, Lee Faith Chaerin?" Bom said without taking her eyes off from the paper.

 

Chaerin rolls her eyes and mouths a few profanities with the full knowledge that Bom doesn't know them. Where would she be? It's a basic knowledge for everyone that Park Bom and Lee Chaerin are inseparable. They spent most of their time together, much more than they spent with their own family. Oh, family. A light flashes in her mind as she understands what Bom is trying to say. How could she forget about that accident? The accident that led everything to this.

 

When not a single sound comes from Chaerin, Bom tears her eyes away from the paper to look at now quiet woman.

 

"So, it's still on that page, huh? He can't still move on?" Chaerin whispers after quite some time of silence.

 

Bom shrugs nonchalantly. "Well, I killed her. What can I do?" That topic is so old that it doesn't rub off on her heart anymore. Someone can be immune to the pain if the people gave it for a long time, like a daily basis.

 

"Don't you dare say that word again, Bom" Chaerin said pointedly, wide eyed. "I still can't forgive those stupid reporters and don't make it new for me again"

 

"But that's what everyone believes though. Including him" And she is never going to correct it. Not even to her best friend who knows every single thing about her. The secret will be only with her and that man.

 

"It's not your fault,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter