Start The Fight

The Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He doesn't know how long he has been standing there since they left. Never ever in his life, he has frozen to this state. It feels like every cell in his body has died with the coldness and cruelness of her words. But she died and I survived. Her cold voice hits repeatedly his eardrums. Even though he has accused her countlessly for Dara's death, she'd never responded like this. But she died and I survived. Those words sound like an indirect confession of her involvement in that incident to his ears.

 

Did she really do that? It can be. Otherwise, why would only Dara has to die? Why would the case was closed without being investigated properly if it was not for someone throwing a large amount of money at the police officers of the case? Someone who has both money and power, Park Bom is fitted perfectly for that picture.

 

"Are you ok, young master?" Only the kind sound of the housekeeper reminds him that he is leaning against the wall weakly.

 

"Yes, I am" He answers and pushes himself away from the wall, feeling irritated at the same time that he has lost that woman one more time. She has walked out on him again after saying what she wanted.

 

Ajumma doesn't say anything more as she quietly clean the plates on the table that her young lady and her friend left. When she looks at Jiyong's plates, the food is still untouched. "Do you want me to clean these as well?"

 

He glances around at the old woman's question and sighs. He is not in the mood to eat so he's about to say to clean them up as well. But when he looks at Ajumma and meets with her hopeful eyes, he doesn't have the heart to say it anymore. This woman has been taking care of him since he got into this and it's not like it would kill him just because he shoves some muffin into his mouth.

 

"Just leave them, please"

 

# # #

 

When the time he leaves the warmth of the house, his manager hyung is already waiting in the snow, near the van. The man opens the door quickly for him as he approaches to the car. "The snow is getting worse each day" Jiyong heard his complaint before he closes the door back and gets behind the driver seat.

 

He doesn't reply to his manager hyung's words as he stares out of the tinted window. The white crystal flakes are ruling the city outside and Jiyong doesn't have the heart to hate it like others do. Because winter was always Dara's favorite season and she loved snow. The innocent smile always appeared on her face whenever the snow fell and she would always drag him to play with her like a little kid.

 

"Yah, Kwon Jiyong!" Her cute irritated voice whenever he threw the snow balls at her. He closes his eyes tiredly. It seems like yesterday that she was still with him and they were happy together. He was happy but everything melted away like the snowflakes that met with the sun heat. Evil spring swept away the beautiful winter and the pure angel beside him was replaced by an evil . Now he even hates the fresh and sweet season called spring just because they bear the same name.

 

"Jiyong?" The manager's voice appears hesitantly after a while of the drive. He hums back with closed eyes.

 

"You do know that I care about you, right?"

 

Surprised, Jiyong finally opens his eyes to look at the man who is talking nonsense unlike of his usual self. He looks uncomfortable under his stare as he squirms slightly in his seat. "What are you trying to say, hyung?" The man doesn't answer immediately back much to his suspicion. "Hyung?"

 

"Ok" He said with a sigh. "I just don't want you to go to Dara's grave today" Then he just concentrates on the road even though he can still feel the sharp angry glare on his back. But much to his discomfort, Jiyong is still very quiet and that makes him more anxious.

 

"Who asked you to tell me this?" The hissed voice finally appears when they stop at the traffic light and the question makes him confused. Who would ask him? He's just doing his job as a manager and not even YG sajangnim asked him to tell Jiyong this.

 

"I don't know why you are asking me, Jiyong. The only reason I told you that was because your scandal with Kiko still hasn't down yet and if you are spotted at your ex-girlfriend's grave today; it won't look good for your marriage's image" Jiyong scoffs at it. It's not like he cares about the image of this meaningless marriage with her.

 

"The news has gotten worse day by day, Jiyong" The manager continues. "I'm afraid that all efforts you put in to build your current image will be dest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter