Unexpected Comfort

Light within Darkness

Hee Young was just walkng around not knowing where to go. She somehow stopped in front of someone's house and to her amazement, it was Changmin's house. She was just standing there trying to decide if she wanted to ring the doorbell or not. While she was standing, Changmin looked at his window and saw a girl standing outside his house.

He went downstairs and checked as to who it was. Before Hee Young could press the door bell, the gate suddently opened and it was Changmin.

As soon as Hee Young saw Changmin, she immediately hugged him and cried.

Changmin: Hee Young? What are you doing here? This is a surprise. What's wrong? You don't look too good. Are you ok? 
HY: (Voice shaky) I....I... I don't know why I'm here. I was just so lost and so out of it today that I somehow ended up outside your house.
Changmin: why are you crying? Do you need someone to talk to?
HY: (stuttering) yeah....kinda....
CHangmin: I would offer my house for you but my parents are not home. Let's go somewhere else and talk.

They went to the nearest coffee shop.

A few minutes have passed and Hee Young still hasn't uttered a single word out of . She was just looking down.

Changmin: So uh...are you going to tell me what happened? Coz, uh, it's going to be pointless coming here when you're not going to talk. Plus I already paid for our coffee.
Hee Young: Everything....Everything was a lie. Me, Minho, everything was just a huge lie! I was just a bet! His feelings weren't true. Minho and his friends just played with my feelings and led me on only to see who would win the bet! Do you know how that feels? *starts crying* I was just a game...

Changmin who was sitting across from her, decided to sit next to her, hug her and comfort her. 
Changmin: So, he finally told you huh?
upon hearing this, Hee Young pushed him away
Hee Young: YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS? ALL THIS TIME? AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?! YOU'RE JUST LIKE THEM! 


Changmin: I know you're mad and upset. I wanted to tell you but even if I did, would you believe me? Plus, I wanted you to hear the truth from Minho and not from someone else. I told him to tell you about it because the longer he keeps that lie, the more you're going to get hurt. I'm sorry for not telling you about this. Changmin hugged her again and she cried her heart out. 

After she calmed down, she told Changmin "But I didn't hear the truth from Minho. It was the other guys that told me. They recorded the conversation and let me listen to it" She then told Changmin what she heard Minho said.
Even though this breaks Changmins heart even more, he defended Minho.
"Hee Young, that's not what happened. Yes, it was minho you heard making the deal but the recorded message that you heard was edited. I was there when they made the bet. I heard everything. Minho truly wanted to be your friend and the only reason that he agreed to the bet was for your own good. He wanted your classmates to leave you alone and to stop bullying and harassing you. If he won the bet, then, all of the people that bullied you and harassed you will truly apologize to you but if he lost, then both you and him will experience torture that was 10x worse than what they were doing to you"
Hee Young: Why....why are you telling me this? 
Changmin: (dying inside) because even though we both know that what he did was wrong and way out of line, I can honestly say that what he felt for you was true. He wanted to end the bet so many times but then he couldn't let you suffer so he had no choice but to win the bet. Also, I know you two liked each other so much I don't want you two to end up just because of this big misunderstanding"

Hee Young finally calmed down. Still upset at Minho after what Changmin said. But since it was getting late, Changmin took Hee Young home. And before Hee Young entered the house, she turned around, looked at Changmin and gave him a big, long and tight hug and said "Thank you so much for today. I never thought I could actually rely on someone like you. Thank you so much. You are such a good friend"

 

and with that she turned around, went inside and Changmin walked away crying.