28

Light within Darkness

Many days passed and Hee Young was still not feeling better. 

Changmin filled with guilt, visits Hee Young everyday, apologizing to what he has done to her even though she was sleeping. Changmin would always give her flowers and talking to her and reading her stories as if she can hear him. 

Then one day, Changmin fell asleep next to her and Hee Young was starting to move her hand that Changmin was holding. This woke changmin up. When Hee Young was completely awake, she saw her hospital room and then Changmin. CHangmin was so happy to see her awake so he rushed to go get a doctor. When the doctors arrive, they didn't see Hee Young in her bed. She was sitting in a corner, she looked up and said "Where am I? Who are you people? I don't know where I am or what I'm doing here!" She started crying and then Changmin approached her and she screamed "Don't come any closer! I don't know you! Go away! (Crying some more) I....I....I don't remember anything!" 

Changmin was shocked and mad at himself for losing her memory so he rushed outside and cried. 

The doctor told Hee Young's parents that the crash did some damage to her brain. The doctors examined Hee Young and they said that the crash resulted to her losing her memory. 

All the memory of their family going bankrupt, her terrible start of her highschool life, the bet, and Minho - everything vanished. Hee Young's parents tried to explain to Hee Young what happened. They told her that she was a college student and that she was drunk driving and ended up crashing and forgetting her memory. They didn't tell Hee Young about her distressing life. They wanted her to create a new life with new memories as the new Hee Young and not the old one. It was hard for them to do but they both figured that this was for the best. 

A few months later and she was fully recovered. But because of what happened to her, she had no choice but to drop out of college. Hee Young just stayed at home with her parents. 

Changmin dropped out of college because he wanted to be with Hee Young. Chagmin introduced himself to Hee Young like it was their first time meeting each other.

They had to start over.